News   Jul 16, 2024
 584     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 728     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps he's Odo?

Heh, nice ST reference, DS9 even. :D Odo did have some trouble simulating human expressions and it took him a long time to get a handle on it. Similar to Doug. Odo was also unfairly persecuted and targeted due to his background during wartime, very similar to the war on Rob(now Doug) Ford by the biased media and elites. Odo was very justice minded and regarded as incorruptible, similar to Doug having the word "Just!" and "No Corruption" on a sticker in the camping office. Odo seemed to made of a jelly like liquidy ooze when he transforms or at rest state. Similar to the way Doug oozes sliminess, metaphorically at least.

Well that settles it then. Doug is very Odo like, odorous even, which I believe in Latin means adorable. Metaphorically speaking of course, as D-Odo so wisely once said.

You can somehow imagine FoFam in a place like North Bay or Timmins, owning the paper mill ... And the police...

Yeesh, what do you people have against Pottersville? No more red tape, a place for everyone and everyone in their place, and a kindly leader to rule over you. What more do you people want?!
081211_0205_Potterville1.jpg

What's with campaign workers being obnoxious and unprofessional on twitter? Like all of them except that guy who was working for Soknaki.

No kidding. The partisans are behaving like dicks, too. Too much pissing in that sandbox for my taste. Sometimes, things get goofy here, too. But at least UT self corrects in fairly short order. I'm grateful for that.

NY Times
"Then came 2010 and the election of Rob Ford as mayor. He spent the next four years trying his best to turn Toronto the Good into something like Deadwood, run by the Snopeses."

Warning: Language may be offensive to some viewers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFvdpE3YUfM

Ford Nation:
https://twitter.com/daibyday/status/513494619720785920/photo/1

Globe and Mail:

"How everything went wrong for Olivia Chow"
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...r-olivia-chow/article20710655/?click=sf_globe

"We're going to hit from Ward 1 to Ward 44 in the next 5 weeks" Doug Ford
https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/status/513379829044232193/photo/1

Makes me thankful for the peep-hole in my door. If he wants to slip a twenty under the mat, that's ok.

View attachment 34132

Last edited:
Another thing: Doug was Rob's campaign/camping manager; but now that it's Doug running for Mayor, who's *his* manager? Notwithstanding whatever Silversteinian assistance, it's almost like one of those eye-rolling "defending-oneself-in-court" circumstances...

Does Rob even have an active campaign for Ward 2 or is he just riding on his name and sympathy?

No kidding. The partisans are behaving like dicks, too. Too much pissing in that sandbox for my taste. Sometimes, things get goofy here, too. But at least UT self corrects in fairly short order. I'm grateful for that.

Is this a *panicky* kind of "acting like dicks"?

And a little Freudian creative thinking is still making me, well, *really* wonder how resentful Doug is in carrying out this bid--pushed into the bid by his mother, perhaps? And in the process, might he even be trying to defeat Rob as well, payback for getting the family Kennedy dynasty into this mess? Like, the ultimate "Worst Brother Ever" gesture--because Rob's life hinges upon elected office, sorta like fratricide?

(At least I'm acknowledging it as "creative thinking", rather than the unabashed tinfoilism one'd expect from Ford Nation.)

CP2Ford is showing the CTV news broadcast and had a segment on Doug camping for 40 minutes, which also featured Andray Domise. He kept his cool in dealing with a Fordite idiot. I would have gone ballistic...

Is this a *panicky* kind of "acting like dicks"?

And a little Freudian creative thinking is still making me, well, *really* wonder how resentful Doug is in carrying out this bid--pushed into the bid by his mother, perhaps? And in the process, might he even be trying to defeat Rob as well, payback for getting the family Kennedy dynasty into this mess? Like, the ultimate "Worst Brother Ever" gesture--because Rob's life hinges upon elected office, sorta like fratricide?

(At least I'm acknowledging it as "creative thinking", rather than the unabashed tinfoilism one'd expect from Ford Nation.)

This has a sort of "Lion in Winter" flavour, and no doubt Diane would appreciate the comparison to Eleanor of Aquitaine. I suppose that then Doug would be Richard, and Rob the amalgam of John, who suffered rebellions from the barons (Council) and eventually lost much of family's lands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back