444     1 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 1.1K     7 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 645     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
If dogs are really loud they can scare the kid and traumatize it. 2 year old in an area with a ton of dogs is not the same as being in a house with 1 dog. Plus, a lot of dogs have issues with kids and you never know how they'll react if a kid is screaming or running towards a dog.

I worked at Sick Kids. A lot of dog bites. Kids that get bitten by dogs are usually eye-to-eye in height with the dogs. That is, about 2 years old.

Reply to myself and off topic to boot but.... jimmi T's query about his day out with a two year old got such great answers I request a sampling of what an adult should do for shiggles on a fine fall day in T.O. where would you take an out of town guest?

Corktown Common, coffee & buns on Queen East, charcuterie from Sandy Aleksander (Queen and Jones), beer in the beach

Sugar Beach, ferry to Hanlan's, walk to Ward's, lunch at that crazy island outdoor place by the Ward's ferry, drinkies along Harbourfront.

CN Tower, walk east along Harbourfront, brand new Flexity streetcar up Spadina, hang out in Kensington Market.

I'm off to bed for a peaceful sleep. Y'all have a good night now, y'hear.

imagejpeg

Corktown Common, coffee & buns on Queen East, charcuterie from Sandy Aleksander (Queen and Jones), beer in the beach

Sugar Beach, ferry to Hanlan's, walk to Ward's, lunch at that crazy island outdoor place by the Ward's ferry, drinkies along Harbourfront.

CN Tower, walk east along Harbourfront, brand new Flexity streetcar up Spadina, hang out in Kensington Market.

Thank you. I'm taking that tour if it's still nice enough in two weeks when I get a day off.
Where and what kind of buns on Queen east.?

Reply to myself and off topic to boot but.... jimmi T's query about his day out with a two year old got such great answers I request a sampling of what an adult should do for shiggles on a fine fall day in T.O. where would you take an out of town guest?

As a design geek; the DX is one of my go-to places. A stroll around Baldwin Village is always cool and can be parlayed to Queen West or Kensington quite easily.

One thing I always used to recommend was a walking tour of the animal statues around the core. I used to call it the "other toronto zoo". In the financial district, there are the cows ("Pasture"), elephants ("Tembo, Mother of Elephants"), the whale, ("Megaptera"), the Dog-rabbity things ("Remembered Sustenance"), and the geese at the Eaton Center ("Flightstop"). Depending on the stamina of the person, there were the ants on the Cameron House (are they still there?) and the giant Iguana on Menagerie's Pet Shop in Cabbagetown. It's a great way to see the city. I suppose were I to do it now, I might also add the new bird/cat/elephant/dragon/treeroot thing ("Rising") in front of Momofuku.

Last edited:
Jimmi T, you don't have to take your daughter beyond your local playground to be a hero in her eyes. You are not a divorced dad trying to make a point.

If you want something really special, why don't you ask her to help make lunch/breakfast? She could make the toast, pour the cereal, maybe even cut up some fruit as a topping, with you to supervise. Then, when you both sat down to eat, you could thank her for helping you for the VERY FIRST TIME. She will never forget this. That, followed by a trip to the park will be gold to her.

Apparently the Tory-Globe thing is just friction with one of their columnists. Nothing investigative coming, or so I'm told.

Am I correct in assuming the columnist is Marcus Gee? He's taken two or three hard swipes at Smart Track and its reliance on TIF. I suppose Tory doesn't find those swipes fair? (Btw: they ARE fair, Gee's not the only one criticizing TIF, and critical analysis is the job of a columnist, separate from the work of reporters).

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...first-rule-of-subway-funding/article20635743/
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/article20177429.ece
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-plans-stand-on-shaky-ground/article20505558/

If so, I have to say I am seriously not impressed with how Tory is handling it. Instead of freezing out an entire newspaper like a petulant Rob Ford man-child he should be redoubling his efforts to persuade Marcus Gee why Smart Track won't just be a giant money pit of failed TIF loans. Persuading us all, really.

Does he think that now that he's far out in front he doesn't have to fix the holes in his plan? Throw in his last minute cancellation of multiple debates, his cold shoulder to Goldsbie, his small-minded pandering on Pride funding today, and I'm wondering why Tory is so determined to piss on my ballot.

Just received a fundraising letter from Doug Ford. I have definitely never contacted him or his council office so he's using Rob's semi-legal list (which i also never signed up for...)

Doug Ford Campaign - Doug needs your financial support!

Dear Friend,

Why do I want to be Mayor of Toronto? Simply put, I want to carry forward the agenda that Rob and I started together. I want to see the City of Toronto do more with less. So we can lower the tax burden on average hard working families, while funding our top priorities like transit, roads and important City services.
From day one Rob and I knew that Toronto had a spending problem, not a revenue problem. While others talked, we fought and did something about it.

Now, I humbly ask for your help to finish what Rob and I started together - putting the public’s interest before special interests.

If you want your taxes to stay low, and you agree that we need to be building new subways, we need your vote, and your financial support!

If you would like to DONATE to the Doug Ford Campaign, please ensure that you provide your mailing address (printed on your personal cheque), to ensure that you receive your rebate payment from the city of Toronto.

We have also provided (attached link) a sample of rebate calculations, and amounts detailing how much is rebated by the city of Toronto for various donation amounts.

Please send a cheque to our Campaign Headquarters at the address below, or you can click here to DONATE online.

If you have any questions, please call us at: 416.751.FORD (3673) and press "1" when prompted.

Please mail donations to:

Doug Ford Campaign
Attention: Fundraising Team
10 Belfield Road, 2nd floor
Toronto, Ontario
M9W 1G1

Thank you again for your continued support.

Yours Truly,

Doug Ford
Councillor – Ward 2 (Etobicoke North)
Your Candidate for Mayor

Thank you. I'm taking that tour if it's still nice enough in two weeks when I get a day off.
Where and what kind of buns on Queen east.?

Bonjour Brioche at Queen E near Degrassi is a classic but there are many nice bun/bakery places in Leslieville now, you could just stroll into one as the mood takes you. Sandy Aleksander is on Queen E near Jones.

Just received a fundraising letter from Doug Ford. I have definitely never contacted him or his council office so he's using Rob's semi-legal list (which i also never signed up for...)... Doug Ford
Councillor – Ward 2 (Etobicoke North)
Your Candidate for Mayor[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Probably nothing wrong with selling email lists. Or selling logos. Or re-selling phone numbers. Or selling web designs and websites. Or subleasing campaign offices. Or using City Hall offices. Or using City Hall staff. Probably nothing wrong at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back