1.3K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 537     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just looking at Warren Kinsella's blog - there's a comment on there about a political insider whose sources are saying Rob's (alleged) cancer has spread from the original tumour and he has already had radiation treatments. If true, then hair loss would be expected.

Paging Dr. JGHali, paging Dr. JGHali.

Does it make sense that radiation would be the first line of treatment? (e.g., before the results of an alleged lung biopsy or before surgery?

Not a doctor, but radiation can be used in the hope of shrinking the tumor to improve the success of the operation. (Typical source, friends and family with assorted cancers)

Paging Dr. JGHali, paging Dr. JGHali.

Does it make sense that radiation would be the first line of treatment? (e.g., before the results of an alleged lung biopsy or before surgery?

We do not know (from any knowledgeable and credible source, such as Dr. Zane Cohen) that the "adominal mass" is a tumour.

Radiation therapy can shrink tumours, so radiation therapy before or in lieu of surgery may make sense.

Radiation therapy does not cause hair loss.

Last edited:
Arthur "Killer" Kane of the New York Dolls:

On July 13, 2004, just 22 days after the reunion concert, Kane thought that he had caught the flu in London and checked himself into a Los Angeles emergency room, complaining of fatigue. He was quickly diagnosed withleukemia, and died within two hours.[2][15]*He was 55 years old.
If anyone has any pull about these kind of things, this is I want. Screw all this poking and prodding and cutting bits of me away. Once the rust has set in, once the muffler is dragging, let me go, find me sleep.* I kind of feel the same for everyone, although most other people feel its their duty to "fight". So the sympathy bit always messes me up.

As for Ford, I feel the same with this episode as I did when everyone was handwringing about the need to wish him well in his (fake) rehab. He needs to go away. He failed, and should have went away a long time ago. If he went away none of this personal drama of his would enter my orbit. Instead for him and the crew it's all just another excuse to pull the same dodgy shit all over again.

*I might feel different when the time arrives. Who can know?

Citizen Ford

tumblr_mogxe5kyc81rwy7yjo3_250.gif

Stay classy! Will Joe blame the media soon?

Easy bet says yes. Thug has been saying the biased media has been hounding and out for Rob's blood for years. It will be a Princess Diana carnage at the french tunnels all over again. Caused by the media and critics.
And when that happens, anyone who has ever expressed criticism valid or not against St. Robert, is worse than anything Fofam has ever done. Shame, shame on all of you, all of us, everyone in TO who didn't support Rob. TO didn't deserve the greatest mayor ever, he was too beautiful for this ugly and cynical world.

I expect nothing less than PM Harper himself performing "Candle in The Wind" at the televised, national service. Doug at the very least should be given the Mayor's chair, and some months later the Premier position. Wynne should abdicate her tyrannical rule and apologize for personally firing Rob from his Don Bosco coaching position. By next year, Douglas Bruce "Doug" Ford Jr. should then be made Prime Minister. And a new 20$ bill will be unveiled in honor of Rob, his face on one side, and a football on the other.

But that is if the unthinkable happens. I hope Rob survives. Just in case Brazen 2 actually wraps up with him being arrested and charged, I hope Rofo is physically fit to stand trial.

Easy bet says yes. Thug has been saying the biased media has been hounding and out for Rob's blood for years. It will be a Princess Diana carnage at the french tunnels all over again. Caused by the media and critics.
And when that happens, anyone who has ever expressed criticism valid or not against St. Robert, is worse than anything Fofam has ever done. Shame, shame on all of you, all of us, everyone in TO who didn't support Rob. TO didn't deserve the greatest mayor ever, he was too beautiful for this ugly and cynical world.

I expect nothing less than PM Harper himself performing "Candle in The Wind" at the televised, national service. Doug at the very least should be given the Mayor's chair, and some months later the Premier position. Wynne should abdicate her tyrannical rule and apologize for personally firing Rob from his Don Bosco coaching position. By next year, Douglas Bruce "Doug" Ford Jr. should then be made Prime Minister. And a new 20$ bill will be unveiled in honor of Rob, his face on one side, and a football on the other.

But that is if the unthinkable happens. I hope Rob survives. Just in case Brazen 2 actually wraps up with him being arrested and charged, I hope Rofo is physically fit to stand trial.

Marvellous image. Love it. Elton could lend him a puffy jacket.

All this talk of death and dying, sympathy vs empathy has me thinking that every contributor on this thread has a bit of evil in them.

Might I add, I like that in a person.

Oh my God, that Olivia Chow stuff, when we know the Fords' plan is to build up her support to split the vote! Sleazily campaigning in the middle of an interview about his brother's health. How shameless can you get?

BREAKING! WARMINGTON IS THE WORST!

Like:
Doug Ford said his running is merely to make sure a Ford is on the ballot since Mayor Ford can’t run. Rob Ford has told me he asked his brother to finish the campaign for him.

"Merely to make sure a Ford is on the ballot"?!?
Yeah, it's obvious to all of us that is what they are doing but what does that even mean? That the city NEEDS a Ford on the ballot? Lemme be clear - I totally understand why Doug can't kick off his campaign, given what is (apparently) a terrible, terrible situation for his family. Then WHY RUN AT ALL?! Just let it go. If you're brother is dying, spend time with him and help him and his kids and your mom. Don't assume a Ford NEEDS to be on the ballot or that you need to run. It's making a mockery of the process and distracting the family from what are apparently much bigger issues.

I said this before but it would be a lot easier to sympathize with what they are going through if they hadn't pulled that tripartite switcheroo on Friday. We didn't NEED Doug to fill Rob's slot or Rob to fill Mike's or for Mike to run at all. If you've got bigger fish to fry, don't insert politics into the mix at this point. I just don't get the mindset for which they're proceeding.

If the doctor gets up tomorrow and says (as an example) Rob has colon cancer and it's metastasized and they're going to treat him but the prognosis isn't good...well, fer crissakes Doug, just FORGET about when to launch your campaign and deal with what's important! How can you come out the next day or two days later and start signing up for debates etc.? Even though both Rob and Doug's names are now on the ballots, they could still show that they know some things are just more important and they're not actually going to run etc. It would be nice to see that, if nothing else, they've learned what's really important and when to let go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back