4.1K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 663     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya, a week ago RoFo was flying around on subway stairs etc... now he is on his deathbed? All we have so far is Dr. Cohen mentioning a large "mass" five days or so ago.

Not that there's any physical comparison, but Lance Armstrong was cycling when his cancer was developing.

Exactly, that's why it's likely that he won't drop out. But I mean, what kind of insane denial would he have to be in, facing cancer mets and staying in the race? It's just unbelievable.

Again, Bobby Sands. Martyr magnetism. And besides, he/his camp could always claim it was an "outside job", i.e. elites and "haters" badgering him and badgering him until he got cancer and died.

Something I've been wondering about: I wonder how many of these Ford-defender types who like using the word "hater" happen to be themselves abuse victims; and moreover, by those in some position of "authority"--which *could* have a way of turning them off anything logical, because they associate it with their being abused. If so, it'd be tragic, really; at least if they weren't so venally stupid--unless, yes, you guessed it, the venal stupidity was in part triggered by the abuse...

Not really. It can happen quickly. Not long ago, a colleague who outwardly showed no signs of illness was diagnosed with cancer, and passed away within 2 months.

Arthur "Killer" Kane of the New York Dolls:

On July 13, 2004, just 22 days after the reunion concert, Kane thought that he had caught the flu in London and checked himself into a Los Angeles emergency room, complaining of fatigue. He was quickly diagnosed withleukemia, and died within two hours.[2][15]*He was 55 years old.

Screen Shot 2014-09-16 at 9.12.57 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-16 at 9.12.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-16 at 9.12.57 PM.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 836
Christ, stop scaring me, guys. I have random fatigue and strange symptoms that come and go out of nowhere, apparently any one of them could be signalling my impending death!

I agree with those of you who are saying the person who wishes someone ill ends up hurting themselves. I like to think that all of us here are better than the Fords and we can feel bad for him if he does have cancer. For the first couple of days I actually almost felt like he was someone I knew and I felt for him but I don't want to get sucked into that kind of thinking. He is a bad person and I don't want to spend time feeling bad for him after all the terrible things he's done to so many people, not to mention the city as a whole. Let his family worry about him.

As far as Towhey goes, he's really pissed me off. First, he enables Ford, then he gets fired by him, he flips and flops on twitter, defending him at times, other times not. Then he goes after the sit-in and insults them big time and a while later decides he wants them on his show. Meanwhile, he has written a book which no doubt make him out to be a saint as he tries to reign in Ford, then bumps up the date of release so that it comes out a week before the election instead of in November. The ultimate revenge...or so he thinks. Ford drops out, his book won't have much impact and he's going to lose money. Ford the cancer patient is made to look bad by Towhey who looks absolutely horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back