News   Jul 05, 2024
 345     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 438     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Radwanski ‏@aradwanski 46m
I'm a little disappointed the Fords didn't find somewhere for Joe Warmington to run.

The media doesn't respect Joe.

Gee... anyone remember the movie scene with the kid in the hospital bed asking Babe Ruth to hit a home run for him?

I wonder how long it took the Ford Family Compact to decide on using this imagery, especially sports imagery.

I also think that they may have watched the movie Heathers one too many times!

If you look back at my posts I said this long time ago...Get Tory in as an "enemy" of the Fords. So they can get more of them in CH.

I knew this was going to happen.

It's the end of the world.

Nope, I meant it as in him still having his loyalties with the Fords but selling his service to JT.

AoD

I'm going to go with this is a Kouvalis backup plan from 2010. Rob's chances at being Mayor were a lot slimmer back then. They were going to see how he polled, but were ready to pull him at the last minute. They got Doug to run in Ward 2 so they could switch if they had to. It didn't really matter if Doug won or not back in 2010. It was an ace in the hole to save Rob.

It would have been all the more believable since Rob had undergone the appendix operation in 2009.

I hate to say it, but we've been had. I expect Rob to make a great recovery. Back at work on Nov 1.

Wake up Toronto!

I'm hoping the next Fordfest is a go and it ends up with Tug yelling to an empty parking lot.

P.S. And if he does hopefully one of the reporters writes "Last time Doug spent this much time in a parking lot he was dealing grams of Red Lebanese and Kashmir"

To be fair though, Kenzo Ramen across the street would be my preferred hangover food (were that I ever again drank to the point of hangover); cheap, tasty and more hydrating.

I don't know about hydrating. Sure, it's mostly liquid but I think it's the salt and fat that are restorative. Certainly feels that way even without a hangover.

The public school board wards are numbered differently. There's only 22 in the city, not 44. School board ward 1 consists of city wards 1 and 2.

Ah, thanks. I saw candidates listed for school board ward 2 as well - it didn't occur to me that they might have different boundaries.

Would it be asking too much to see a photo in the next year of Bill Blair dancing on Slob's grave? It would almost make this whole sorry farce worth it. Almost. And of course, Blair has too much dignity to actually do something like that.

Gee... anyone remember the movie scene with the kid in the hospital bed asking Babe Ruth to hit a home run for him?

I wonder how long it took the Ford Family Compact to decide on using this imagery, especially sports imagery.

"The Babe Ruth Story". Sometimes referred to as the sports version of "Plan 9 from Outer Space."

I am thinking of the scene on the street outside the hospital as the kids sing "Take me out to the ball game" as The Babe valiantly battles The Big C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back