1.3K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 537     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, being one for contingency thinking - since health information is personal, he could very well end all public announcements regarding his condition at this point - and you'd end up with a quasi-cancer suspicion with no confirmation (already hinted at under the DoFo "leave us alone" - which he also used after the that fateful April presser). It'd given an opportunity to reboot if it is non-debilitating, plus potential for post-cancer sympathy votes.

If that's the gameplan, I swear I'd wish pancreatic on them BOTH.

AoD

Last edited:
I'm with you sweetlou. I think he knew he had a tumour for a while, he tried to get past the election, but it got worse, or the upcoming Star story and ITO might have hastened his decision to go to the hospital. If he has some kind of tumour, he's out of contention for the election. If his numbers looked better he probably wouldn't have rushed to have surgery. What an idiot, gambling with his life.

He boasted about being a proverbial mayor for life. It kind of makes sense now.

I wonder if this has to do with the video where he was taken out of the CH garage barely able to walk, and Doug said it was back pain?

Good point.

So will Ford Fest Etobicoke Edition become a big "Get Well Robbie" event with huge outpouring of support for poor Rob who, despite serious issues with his health, will soldier on bravely to stop the gravy train and those tax-and-spend lefties who would run amok without him there to keep their hands out of the cookie jar?

Possibly. Would not be surprised if Fofam tries to play this as a free get out of jail card, in the metaphorical or possibly literal sense. Call me cynical too, my heart bleeds for the King's Kolon etc etc but not really. Rofles has played the media before. I don't disbelieve the doctor's diagnoses, but the hoopla and press conference surrounding it? That was weird to me, even in this crack circus.

If this is what it takes for Rofo to get out with 'honor', and preserve his undefeated legacy, whatever. The important part is he gets the eff out of politics, period. Drop out Rob, bring your nephew with you. That way I can vote with a clean conscience.

Random thoughts:

1. There was absolutely no need for Doug to be at the Humber presser today. To walk up to the mics to say absolutely nothing - ridic. The CEO could have said that the family requests privacy and that would actually have been more credible.

2. Doug didn't look that upset despite a bit of choking up. With Doug, who knows.

3. The same GreeneStone that runs Muskokahab also does colonoscopies. One of their specialties.

4. Also part of the puzzle is that just last night, they announced FordFest (Sears parking lot edition) to rally FN and specifically Ward 2/Etobicoke. Part of a larger scheme?

Hey Lou! :) my random answers:
  1. Doug "Goebbels" Ford is sometimes prone to gaffes. I think this was one of them. He should have stayed away.
  2. With Doug, only believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.
  3. It seems logical that GreeneStone might have missed a cross-sell or up-sell opportunity there. However, Robbie was stroppy by all reports, so he might not have agreed to a colonoscopy at the time. There were enough cameras and scrutiny as it was.
  4. Did you say "larger" and "scheme" when talkin 'bout Fordz? :D Absolutely! They're trying to throw all the Ford weight behind Mikey. People would come to the fest to see rock star Rob, but not for Mikey by himself. Was this noise targeted to drown out Andray? Hugh Betcha!

Hmm, being one for contingency thinking - since health information is personal, he could very well end all public announcements regarding his condition at this point - and you'd end up with a quasi-cancer suspicion with no confirmation (already hinted at under the DoFo "leave us alone" - which he used this same argument after the that fateful April presser). It'd given an opportunity to reboot if it is non-debilitating, plus potential for post-cancer sympathy votes.

AoD

Humber can handle it one of two ways: commit to issuing clear regular updates on Rob's condition to all media at the same time with the family's approval with occasional pressers from a white coat at key milestones or allow it to turn into a circus where certain media get preference and/or they are all crawling over each other calling the hospital 24/7 and/or Warmington roams the wards in a blonde wig and clutching a purse and writing soppy columns.

First option is best way to manage celeb media. Second option is the Ford way. Whether Humber can contain Doug is another issue. Hospital PR people don't turn grey overnight due to the patients - they turn grey overnight due to the family members.

Is anyone else's nose wrinkling at the irony that if Ford bows out for health reasons, then on a certain level he's just skating by consequence-free one last time?

sweetlou:

It's still kinda weird that they'd have the CEO in a live TV presser for something that is - supposedly - preliminary, instead of a public, generically written statement though. And my point being that the patient has every single right to deny further pressers containing real information regarding his diagnosis. As of right now, we are stuck with this suggestive quasi "diagnosis" of cancer and not much more, with the backing of a CEO. Not exactly my idea of a firewall.

AoD

Last edited:
Is anyone else's nose wrinkling at the irony that if Ford bows out for health reasons, then on a certain level he's just skating by consequence-free one last time?

As long as the police investigation is ongoing, and I hope the dragnet is closing in faster rather than slower, I'm fine with the crack circus bear 'gracefully' bowing out of the merryl race due to health reasons.

I wonder if his messed up eyes and erratic behaviour could point to his use of oxy's (or similar meds. - however acquired), which I suggested a month or so ago, could have been taken to help deal with the pain?

As long as the police investigation is ongoing, and I hope the dragnet is closing in faster rather than slower, I'm fine with the crack circus bear 'gracefully' bowing out of the merryl race due to health reasons.

It certainly seemed like cops and press stood down during "rehab" and I imagine they'll be even less willing to go hard after him now.

3 months? Really, he was in a facility that also performs colonoscopies and such but he didn't mention it to the doctors, interesting huh?

CT's are always inconclusive, they can detect a mass; however, the type of mass, depending if it is internal or external to the G.I. wall will be determined by biopsy, usually performed in a colonoscopy. Doing a cancer "stain" will take about a day after the actual biopsy.

If it is a "tumor" that is benign then it's as simple as snip-snip, connect, and close. If not then... depending on the position and age of the "tumor" a round of chemo is called for and maintenance for 6 to 12 month periods for a few years. If it has spread, well, I would not like to think of it personally. I can say that colon cancer is quite treatable in early stages.

I would like to know who his GP is, a male 40 and older should be getting regular prostate exams, and since there is a history, a colonoscopy/virtual colonoscopy every 1 to 2 years (at least).

All we know is there is a blockage either from the "tumor" or inflammation from the "tumor", all this speculation is stupid in my opinion, all it's doing is making money with ad space, and possibly diverting, using victimization, in the cause of the Ford bros. Robbie is not a god or saint, stop treating him as such; people deal with shit every hour of everyday, and they are no less important.

It's interesting how many people have practically pronounce Robbie dead, or how they have externalized their latent hypercondria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back