125     0 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 283     0 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 347     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, my husband's wasn't benign. It took him at least 3 months to recover from the surgery, he didn't have a bag, but was stage 4 and lived with it for 3 years, until he died at age 53. That was 5 years ago.

My condolences Patty. My father in law was diagnosed with colon cancer at the beginning of the year, and had a foot of intestine removed, but it looks like they managed to get it all. He's going to have regular testing for a while though to make sure it gets caught again if it comes back, and he's still a lot frailer than he was before, 7 months later.

Wonder how he's living with no salary? Back at mom's place I bet.

La Mamma Mammoliti? Try saying that 3 times after a few pops. :D

Did Mams actually go to work after he was docked his councillor's pay? He could have been pouting on the divano, but he was probably doing cash jobs somewhere.

I meant that if Rob doesn't drop out, then he would most likely lose to Tory. But if Rob does drop out, then we won't get to see him lose to anyone. I never said that Tory will win if Rob drops out.

I can see one of two ways - he drops out, and says he would have won if he hadn't had to drop out, or he stays in the race, and blames his defeat on not being able to campaign in the last few weeks.

Random thoughts:

1. There was absolutely no need for Doug to be at the Humber presser today. To walk up to the mics to say absolutely nothing - ridic. The CEO could have said that the family requests privacy and that would actually have been more credible.

2. Doug didn't look that upset despite a bit of choking up. With Doug, who knows.

3. The same GreeneStone that runs Muskokahab also does colonoscopies. One of their specialties.

4. Also part of the puzzle is that just last night, they announced FordFest (Sears parking lot edition) to rally FN and specifically Ward 2/Etobicoke. Part of a larger scheme?

He's got a family for fucks sake.

From all available evidence thus far, this "man" is not a father. He is an irresponsible drunk who doesn't deserve to have a family and deserves to die lonely in the gutter. His children deserve a real father who doesn't stay out late hanging with drug dealers, drinking and doing crack cocaine. They deserve a father's love and a father's attention. Not some part-time loser who spends probably less than 4 hours at home a day, of which he's probably smoking up in the basement with questionable people or making random call-backs to taxpayers. There is no more space for redemption, politically or personally IMO. He needs to leave politics, he needs to leave his family - so they can "move on" and find true happiness away from the media circus he created.

Last edited:
Count me among the doubters.

For just one thing, he had stomach pains for three months and a CT scan was done only today? Didn't he mention his pains and get them checked out during his rehab stint, at the very least? I once had stomach pains for a day and a half and my doctor sent me off for a bunch of lab tests immediately - and I'm in good health. Rob Ford is pretty obviously at increased risk for a variety of health problems, so his doctor(s) should have run a lot more tests a lot sooner. It doesn't add up.

Always possible he misjudged the pains as withdrawal symptoms.

from crazy town...

crazy.jpg

Attachments

• crazy.jpg
    crazy.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 817
I, for one, am not thinking that at all. He's got a family for fucks sake. My wish for him is to a) leave politics forever and b) get real help so he can be a good father to his children.

I agree with (a).
I don't give a shit about part one of (b); he can get help or not. But (part two of b) he should die a very slow, prolonged and painful death, which to my mind is poetic justice.There is no way on this earth that a POS like Rob Ford could ever be "a good father to his children." If those poor kids survive his influence and turn out to be anything above criminal psychopaths themselves, it will be in spite of, not because of, the influence of that disgusting mass of flesh known as "their father."

So will Ford Fest Etobicoke Edition become a big "Get Well Robbie" event with huge outpouring of support for poor Rob who, despite serious issues with his health, will soldier on bravely to stop the gravy train and those tax-and-spend lefties who would run amok without him there to keep their hands out of the cookie jar?

Always possible he misjudged the pains as withdrawal symptoms.

That certainly could be it. Though you'd think a man whose father died of colon cancer, and who had a tumour removed from his appendix and part of his colon removed only a couple of years ago would go to see the doc earlier rather than 3 months after he started getting abdomen pain like that.

This whole thing is making me sick to my stomach. My father (pretty much a functional alcoholic for 30 yrs or with a senior position in his field) had surgery to deal with kidney cancer and they found colon cancer, they removed it, and he's okay 6 yrs later. He had no pain at all and it was found during another exam. You can't make any blanket statements on bowel cancer because it varies;

I wonder if he knew he had this all along, told people it was a toe problem and said he could have surgery after the election. Figured he would win, then have surgery but still have the title of mayor. Plan backfired pain became too intense or a Donovan story was about to break out and suddenly it is a tumour that has to be dealt with now.

YES!!

I once worked with someone who discovered a very large but benign tumour in their abdomen. It wasn't painful and it wasn't dangerous, so they opted for a surgery several months out in order to attend their child's wedding.

Random thoughts:

1. There was absolutely no need for Doug to be at the Humber presser today. To walk up to the mics to say absolutely nothing - ridic. The CEO could have said that the family requests privacy and that would actually have been more credible.

2. Doug didn't look that upset despite a bit of choking up. With Doug, who knows.

3. The same GreeneStone that runs Muskokahab also does colonoscopies. One of their specialties.

4. Also part of the puzzle is that just last night, they announced FordFest (Sears parking lot edition) to rally FN and specifically Ward 2/Etobicoke. Part of a larger scheme?
I'm with you sweetlou. I think he knew he had a tumour for a while, he tried to get past the election, but it got worse, or the upcoming Star story and ITO might have hastened his decision to go to the hospital. If he has some kind of tumour, he's out of contention for the election. If his numbers looked better he probably wouldn't have rushed to have surgery. What an idiot, gambling with his life.

eta - eagleeye had the same idea up thread

Last edited:
I wonder if this has to do with the video where he was taken out of the CH garage barely able to walk, and Doug said it was back pain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back