Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2014-08-20 at 9.27.27 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-20 at 9.27.27 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-08-20 at 9.27.27 AM.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 776

I've always wanted to know what the opposite of pennywise but pound foolish was. "If you take care of the pennies the dollars will take care of themselves" sounds like a good candidate. For some reason watching the Ford circus lately reminds me of this for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj_K6bGQIfM

edited random afterthought. Oh woe to King Robert Ford. For want of a coke nail, you're losing your TO kingdom.

Last edited:
I wonder how many tickets the Fords will give away for their intimate evening. Unless they've been selling quietly for the past few weeks, I don't think they get many takers this late in the game, but it won't look good if they don't draw a crowd.

I wonder how many tickets the Fords will give away for their intimate evening. Unless they've been selling quietly for the past few weeks, I don't think they get many takers this late in the game, but it won't look good if they don't draw a crowd.

My fictionalized prediction, pic not of Ford's residence.

b180fe6c115298f3a8b82b6474ebc367.jpg

Wooooh Ford Nation! FORD NATION! Yeah....woooh. Ford nation. Yeah. (Awkward silence) Gravy! Yeah! STOP THE GRAVY TRAIN! WOOOoooh! Woooh. Gravy. Yeaaaah. (More awkward silence.) Uhm so, is there any gravy being served, because metaphor aside they're kinda good actually. Oh yeah, for sure, no we're cooking some right now. Ok yeah, nice, literal gravy, awwwright. Yeah. (Even more awkward silence.)

Hey wow is this leather here on this couch? No, it feels like it right? It's actually vinyl, would you believe it? Wow that's, yeah that is really something. Yeah...Yeah. Uhm..so where is Rob anyway? Oh yeah don't worry he's just uh, he's in the bathroom right now. He's probably just freshening up. Ah ok yeah uh huh.

*out of sight yelling and some loud gibberish*

Say hey fellas, who wants to go to the back yard and look at some sculptures huh!

Anyone willing to take one for the team and go to this shindig? We can crowd source a ticket so that you can go for all of us in an official Observer capacity...

Selfies! Selfies! Selfies!

Last edited:
I've always wanted to know what the opposite of pennywise but pound foolish was. "If you take care of the pennies the dollars will take care of themselves" sounds like a good candidate..

Huh? It's not the opposite, it's the very definition!

"Stingy about small expenditures and extravagant with large ones, as in Dean clips all the coupons for supermarket bargains but insists on going to the best restaurants—penny wise and pound foolish. This phrase alludes to British currency, in which a pound was once worth 240 pennies, or pence, and is now worth 100 pence. The phrase is also occasionally used for being very careful about unimportant matters and careless about important ones." As in, bitching about free TTC access for 44 councillors while spending a totally unnecessary $billion on a totally inappropriate stubway.

Huh? It's not the opposite, it's the very definition!

"Stingy about small expenditures and extravagant with large ones, as in Dean clips all the coupons for supermarket bargains but insists on going to the best restaurants—penny wise and pound foolish. This phrase alludes to British currency, in which a pound was once worth 240 pennies, or pence, and is now worth 100 pence. The phrase is also occasionally used for being very careful about unimportant matters and careless about important ones." As in, bitching about free TTC access for 44 councillors while spending a totally unnecessary $billion on a totally inappropriate stubway.

I apologize, I was trying to speak Fordian Farce. That and I was in a stupor. While I am tempted to go see this Ford house party, I simply can't cross the line of giving even one cent-one dollar to the Ford Camping store.

Anyone willing to take one for the team and go to this shindig? We can crowd source a ticket so that you can go for all of us in an official Observer capacity...

Selfies! Selfies! Selfies!

I'm not in the habit of sharing an intimate evening with a guy who doesn't know my name and calls me Dear Loyal Friend, but hot damn, if I wasn't already working that night, I'd volunteer.

If anyone can make it, happy to chip in a few bucks.

Can you imagine? She might go full on Anjelica Huston from Crimes and Misdemeaners. Screeching as she physically latches onto Rofo like a lamprey: "But you promised you'd leave her for me! YOU PROM-ISSSSSED!!!!!"

or else the bunny scene from Fatal Attraction.
fatal-attraction-bunny.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back