387     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 238     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 416     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're raising campaign funds, isn't it illegal to use that money for non-political reasons? You can't ask people to fork over thousands of dollars and then go buy a new car or whatever. Right?

Do you think there is some magical factory pumping out magnets, bumper stickers and business cards for free?

Yeah

deco.jpg

Attachments

• deco.jpg
    deco.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 680
That is one overly busy, complicated invite for sure. Typesetting, all caps, bolding, brackets, copy, it's all bad.

My favourite part however, is that there will be distinguished guests there. Hmmm, let's see, a washed out rapper, Mammoliti ?, Singin' Jimmy, who else? C'mon help me out here.

Maybe LeeAnne will show up.

Okay, so is your point that these stand-offs don't happen in general or that RoFo is exaggerating, because they sure happened to me (and often!) when I lived in N. Toronto. :( But it's okay, it's in the past...

My point was that exaggerating is too mild a verb when it comes to Ford putting on an act that he is 'just folks'. Sure, wildlife does cause some problems for some of us some of the time. The odds that Ford just happens to have a personal experience that conveniently slots into a softball question in a way that allows him to play out a 'good old Dad is so brave when he takes out the trash' sitcom narrative? Let's just say: astronomically against!

According to unverified gossip at a sports discussion site, TieDo is a superficially charming and friendly man who enjoys the adulation of his fans but who nonetheless is prone to becoming furiously angry with little warning and is (or was) "a fiend for the nose candy".

I've heard the same. Years ago (98ish?) I volunteered for NXNE and was tasked as a stagehand at Mockingbird (now gone) on King West across from For Your Eyes Only. The gig was mainly jazz acts over the three days, and Tie Domi came in one night as he's apparently a fan. He seemed way out of sorts that night, a little frenetic and discombobulated. That said, it was almost two decades ago so I can't offer much more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back