43     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 151     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 369     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the T&T night market on the weekend.

Olivia Chow had a tent there, although she herself was nowhere to be seen.

Karen Stintz was wearing her Vote Karen Stintz for Mayor T-shirt and handing out fortune cookies with her name on them. Although they were a bit cheesy because they were just store bought fortune cookies with a Karen Stintz stickers on them. I got the impression that most of the market goers had no idea who she was, as she was generally being ignored.

And then Rob and Doug: They were rock stars. As soon as they arrived, the MC n the stage there announced their arrival, and then mentioned Rob was in the house several times after that. People were falling overthemselves to get pix taken with either Rob or Doug. And they had an entourage. Yeah, Rob is the mayor, but still...

Good point. I still don't think this police visit is anything but a pre-debate deflection though.

I doubt it's a pre-debate deflection, because Ford Nation for the most part doesn't pay any attention to the debates. I think it's more like a post-Globe deflection.

Yep. What's frustrating as well, no one will confront him because it is pretty difficult when he shows up in person. Most people still have a basic sense of...decency and politeness perhaps. Or they don't want to risk a confrontation, quite understandable. Ford on the other hand, pun intended, can be quite brazen.

Even if someone says you know Mayor Ford, we don't know why you've shown up here, since the record shows you've voted against keeping\opening this facility. *Plays victim card in front of camera* "Eh...it's ok, these people can protest...it's how democracy works..you know it's very sad, my heart bleeds for X, and I return every phone call and I'm all about customer service, and no one has done more for X than Rob Ford..." *sticks a fridge magnet on a book*

Also something about not being opposed to parks, it's just that they can't cost anything.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 1m
Police spokesperson says officers were called to mayor's office for "security matter involving the mayor." Not a threat against Ford.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 1m
Police will not say who called them to the office or specify why. Unclear as to seriousness of this "security" issue.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 58s
Toronto Police officers are inside Rob Ford's office today investigating another threat against the mayor #TOpoli

Yep...

I think it goes without saying that Rob Ford's return to the church circuit is as hypocritical as the rest of his campaign.

He looks no more engaged in this photo:

attachment.php

Than he does in this one:

View attachment 30549

That must be his "I do what I have to do" face.

The second one is like 'You made me come all this way and all there is to eat is frickin' apples and honey?'

And then Rob and Doug: They were rock stars. As soon as they arrived, the MC n the stage there announced their arrival, and then mentioned Rob was in the house several times after that. People were falling overthemselves to get pix taken with either Rob or Doug. And they had an entourage. Yeah, Rob is the mayor, but still...

It's Rob's town. The rest of us are just livin' in it.

Aaargh. How is that these people don't see Ford for what he is? A lying panderer.

'He's done a great job' - not only has he not done a great job, he's done NO job whatsoever. He shows up late, disappears, etc.

'He's done everything he said he would' - not even close.

'He came to my building and asked me how I was' - yeah, that'll do it. We'll fix TCHC with feelings.

I would imagine the police are there because Doug called them in to discuss the leaked information from Deco.

One would have to think the Globe's legal department went through the article with a fine tooth comb before giving the thumbs up to print.

I would imagine the police are there because Doug called them in to discuss the leaked information from Deco.

One would have to think the Globe's legal department went through the article with a fine tooth comb before giving the thumbs up to print.

The thing I'm wondering is, by their own practice standards The Globe would have reached out to Doug a day or two ago with what they had. So why would he be visibly rattled today, as some are saying on Twitter?

Which they also did for Doug's hash dealing past. Funnily enough Doug threatened to sue them for this as well. But failled to follow though because....well, he dealt hash.

Petition to revoke Rob Ford's invitation to Caribana

The Scotiabank Toronto Caribbean Carnival (aka Caribana) has already begun. The main event, the Grand Parade, is this Saturday, August 2. There's no doubt in my mind that given his support in the Caribbean community he is planning to be there.

We need to send a message to the organizers that Rob Ford should not be invited to the parade, based on the following events:

- Calling members of the Caribbean and African Canada community in Toronto "ni**ers"
- Calling community outreach programs to members of the community as "hug-a-thug" programs
- Getting drunk and mocking the Jamaican Canadian community with expletive-laden Patois slang
- Getting drunk and threatening public safety at past festivals, including the Military Ball and Taste of the Danforth

Direct complaints to:

Christopher Alexander, CAO, Festival Management Committee
Denise Herrera-Jackson, CEO, Festival Management Committee
Elizabeth Grimmond, VIP Coordinator
info@torontocarribeancarnival.com

Roger Gibbs, Member, Festival Management Committee
roger_gibbs@hotmail.com

Stephen Weir, Carnival Publicist
stephen@stephenweir.com

Have yet to receive a reply, will keep you posted.

I've always wondered why the Ford supporters bring up Wynne so much?

I think it's because there's been so little effective political opposition to Ford at the municipal level that they have to go up a government to find the person who stands in most stark contrast.

She is a left-of-centre lesbian with a majority mandate - I am sure that's pretty close to being Lucifer.

AoD

It's a deflection. I say "Ford is useless", and since they can't effectively argue against that, they say "why aren't you upset about the Wynne/liberal government"?

Jut because I don't like Ford doesn't mean that I support the Wynne/liberal government, but that's how Ford nation thinks. Or doesn't think.
Thanks. It never made sense to me at all. She's should not be dragged into this. Seems like if you have to bring up that, your case for your guy is weak!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back