Status
Not open for further replies.
named.jpg

https://twitter.com/BTP1960/status/492809300222287872

Attachments

• named.jpg
    named.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 939
One aspect of this FordFest that I find troubling is the Toronto Star's coverage of it. They didn't get many pictures, and their bulk of their coverage of the fracas was one day later than most of the other media. They did not send Daniel Dale, probably because he would have been barbequed alive. They send 2 relatively unknown reporters. I saw logos for and reporters from every major media organization except the Star there.

Have we come to the point where Ford Nation has intimidated Canada's largest daily newspaper so that it has to send reporters essentially undercover to a "public event" in a public park, for fear of their safety? If so, how is that healthy for democracy? Coupled with the inability to tolerate dissenting free speech, and Frod's fanatical tone in his speech that night, the whole business has dark undertones for me.

weird. wonder why renata was 'tucked away' like that. looks like dougie was brought into the tent by diane.

we can't really tell anything from still pictures of one second in time. Or from random tweets by people we don't know. Renata could be right behind Diane. They could have been in and out of the tent a hundred times for all we know.

I think all the conjecture about Renata having left Rob and what not is pure fantasy. There's no hard evidence to support it. Rob's talk of "divorce" in a recording pre-rehab means little; many couples throw around that word for years before splitting (or they never do). Maybe their kids don't spend every night at home... maybe she spends some nights at her parents' place too* Maybe it's been that way for years so why assume anything new has happened.

She was at Fordfest & she and the kids were at the Woburn park playground reopening on July 21. For someone who has always been seen only 2 or 3 times a year, that's quite a lot. I don't think their family situation is any different than it's been for the last 4 years. (which is not to say that it's "good" -- just that there have been no 'developments')

i'm increasingly convinced that the only way to sanely approach this whole situation is full gonzo - let's just embrace the insane absurdity of it all.

don't show up to protest ford fest wrapped in a rainbow flag, show up in a gorilla suit, and play circus music on an accordion.

as for leanne, i've also decided we ought to go all-in. nobody in canada's media has the stones, but i'm hoping that gawker or maybe even vice would sit down with her and cut her a big cheque in exchange for her story.

One aspect of this FordFest that I find troubling is the Toronto Star's coverage of it. They didn't get many pictures, and their bulk of their coverage of the fracas was one day later than most of the other media. They did not send Daniel Dale, probably because he would have been barbequed alive. They send 2 relatively unknown reporters. I saw logos for and reporters from every major media organization except the Star there.

Have we come to the point where Ford Nation has intimidated Canada's largest daily newspaper so that it has to send reporters essentially undercover to a "public event" in a public park, for fear of their safety? If so, how is that healthy for democracy? Coupled with the inability to tolerate dissenting free speech, and Frod's fanatical tone in his speech that night, the whole business has dark undertones for me.

I doubt it, just that there's nothing new to report so why waste ink on it. it's not news that the Fords had a Fordfest in the park, that a bunch of screaming fools went and waited in line for a stale burger and talked about how Rob Ford saved them money. It's not news that Rob Ford posed for a thousand selfies. Even the skirmish between Ford supporters and LGBT activists was predictable. We already saw it in Nathan Phillips Square during the Pan Am launch a few weeks ago.

One minute people are telling the press to ignore the Fords when they do their self-promotional stuff; the next minute we're complaining that they didn't get enough coverage? Really?

an example how ford nation sees the events...

No media bias here at all: anti-Ford protesters booed at Ford Fest, so CTV characterizes it as homophobia

http://eyecrazy.blogspot.ca/2014/07/no-media-bias-here-at-all-anti-ford.html

my head hurts.

eta: some extended footage can be seen here: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2cc_1406358624

etaa: here's another article from this point of view... (which may have been posted on here already? i tried to double check, but can't find it.)

Homosexual Bullies Crash Rob Ford’s Family Fest

http://www.blogwrath.com/toronto-elections-2014/homosexual-bullies-crash-rob-fords-family-fest/6242/

Ever notice how fascist/fundamentalists use the term "war" to rally people? Bush did it and it caved in on him, along with McCarthy example. Propagandise the end of life as you know it and cling to has been used for millennia by the oppressor, especially to distract from the" man behind the curtain".

Harper is a good example, modern Conservatives in Canadian politics have the do what you are told, not what I do attitude.

There were 2 guys with snakes. You can see them at the beginning of my Ford Fest video. People seemed to like the snakes and I think snakes are a good metaphor for a Ford Fest.

All part of carnival atmosphere surrounding the Fords' lives as a sideshow.

Yeah, that's just over doing it I think. A company actively donating and supporting someone like the Fords, yeah I can see some people not wanting to do business with said company. The Fords buying something legal from a legal business, that alone is not really much to get worked up IMO. At this point it might be a minor miracle of normality even. Edited ps: Ford probably got his booze for his dranken stupors from the LCBO if online sightings are true. Is Furr going to urge boycotting the LCBO? This small potatoes quibbling does get ridiculous sometimes.

Rob I'm sure picked European Meats for their standing in the community, but I don't think they are part of the cult, the Ford's would be ranting their name.

we can't really tell anything from still pictures of one second in time. Or from random tweets by people we don't know. Renata could be right behind Diane. They could have been in and out of the tent a hundred times for all we know.

I think all the conjecture about Renata having left Rob and what not is pure fantasy. There's no hard evidence to support it. Rob's talk of "divorce" in a recording pre-rehab means little; many couples throw around that word for years before splitting (or they never do). Maybe their kids don't spend every night at home... maybe she spends some nights at her parents' place too* Maybe it's been that way for years so why assume anything new has happened.

She was at Fordfest & she and the kids were at the Woburn park playground reopening on July 21. For someone who has always been seen only 2 or 3 times a year, that's quite a lot. I don't think their family situation is any different than it's been for the last 4 years. (which is not to say that it's "good" -- just that there have been no 'developments')

Oh gosh, Kat. There you go again, making sane arguments and positing likely truths. :p

Regarding RoFo's speech to the adoring masses, why did I think of Mussolini on the balcony?

The attendees either don't know who Mussolini is; or wouldn't get what's the big deal--whatever it was with him, it's all in the past, time to move on. The ad absurdum those-who-don't-know-history circumstance.

Doug could be filling up on avocados and nuts, but I'm not feeling it.

For the record, a friend who's a longtime vegetarian has been overweight for a while. He ended up having a heart attack at age 38. The idea that vegetarian diets are immune to food-related health problems is absurd. All healthy eating requires moderation and care.

If you're not vegan, cheese and dairy are still on the table. In avoiding animal products you're generally eating a lot of highly processed foods that attempt to make up for the taste, textural and structural loss of things like eggs, butter, gelatin, etc. in addition, there are issues with nutrients like iron; the bioavailability of iron from plant products is far lower than meat's heme iron, and creatine and vitamin B12 deficiency are real issues amongst vegans.

In short however, I will point out that Jalapeño poppers, macaroni and cheese and french fries are all (generally) vegetarian friendly. If they make up a great part of your diet, you aren't doing your weight any favours.

Last edited:
Parkview Hills Mayoral Debate on Monday July 28

Olivia Chow
Rob Ford
David Soknacki
Karen Stintz
John Tory

Presteign-Woodbine United Church
2538 St. Clair Avenue East
7:30pm to 9:00pm, Doors open at 6:45pm.

Proof of residency in Parkview Hills required for admission.
http://www.parkviewhills.ca/2014-mayoralty-debate/

Edited to add: Ugh, guest panel includes Sue Ann Levy.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtgyDZrCEAEd4Wo.jpg

uh, I'm passing - I won't have anything to do with anything involving SAL full stop - and I seriously question any candidate accepting the invite - she should not be legitimized

i'm increasingly convinced that the only way to sanely approach this whole situation is full gonzo - let's just embrace the insane absurdity of it all.

don't show up to protest ford fest wrapped in a rainbow flag, show up in a gorilla suit, and play circus music on an accordion.

as for leanne, i've also decided we ought to go all-in. nobody in canada's media has the stones, but i'm hoping that gawker or maybe even vice would sit down with her and cut her a big cheque in exchange for her story.

You could go with a gorilla suit, but something like the creature from Predator riding a horse might be a bit more practical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back