152     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 276     0 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 523     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
IT DOES NOT MATTER WHETHER FORD FEST IS A CAMPING EVENT OR NOT.

The City's Policy on the use of City resources in an election year states:

Which, when reduced to the simplest applicable terms, reads:

"No permits... for the use of City of Toronto facilities, including...parks, will be issued for the use... of a particular candidate... on a ballot during an election."

The issued permit violates the CoT policy, whether RoFoDoFo are camping or not. It is a permit; it is for the use of a civic park; it is for the use of a particular candidate on a ballot during an election.

Write to Penachetti and demand that he pull the permit!

This has been pointed out, and beaten pretty much to death, on Twitter and other forums for some days. The CH staff seem to read this as stopping only a permit for the "use of a candidate as a candidate" - hence all of the Ford horse shit about celebrating their family' blah, blah and not 'camping'.

ETA: And that is not an implausible reading. It is a golden rule of written laws that every word is to be read with sensitivity to its context. Here, use is conjoined with "promote" (i.e., read "use" as an alternative means to promote), plus the whole provision has to be read with the awareness that it applies only during an election period (and thus only during the period in which a person can be a candidate, in the official sense).

Last edited:
Rob Ford's voting record, in a series of tweets on Storify. https://storify.com/robfordmustgo/rob-ford-s-voting-record. How can marginalized people still support him?

<head exploding>

Largely it's a giant F-U to the system that has marginalized them. They have heard promises of help and watched them go unfulfilled by so many, for so long, that the (gravy) train wreck that is Rob Ford lets them have the voice at city hall they've never had, and it's saying loud and clear "F*CK YOU! TORONTO". That he actively votes against their interests is no big deal, because no-one has ever looked after their interests.

Snow confirmed idiot. He had dropped by CH to visit Rofo and was interviewed by CP24 as he left. Admitted that he didn't know anything about municipal affairs or "the left-wing thing" and the right-wing thing, but supports Rob 100% because he did everything he said he would and only had a couple of indiscretions in his private life, the kinda thing everyone does. F*(^#$%!!!

As well, the fawning of CP24 reporter Farah Nasser and anchor George Lagogianes over this formerly famous musician, *while reporting on issues at Toronto City Hall*, was just gross.

Edited to add: report here -- http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...pper-snow/article19748843/#dashboard/follows/

Buddhism for imbeciles -- “You gotta live in the now. I live in the now. So the past don’t exist and the future don’t exist. Only now. What I’m doing now, I got love for him, you know what I mean?â€

Well, if you want proof of why Much and, indeed, a whole lot of the late c20 mass-music-biz infrastructure died off, just witness Snow, or that "Champagne Communist" guy from Helix, etc.

Thank god the Chow for mayor thing is losing steam, i can live with Tory if Ford loses...clearly Chow is an even more city/suburb dividing candidate than even Ford. I wish some of the professional protesters that follow Ford around would call out Chow on her antics but we are all busy actually working, unless the Chow mob.

Educated guess, that malvern2 doesn't know who David & Mary Thomson is. For a proud Scarberian, he's a pretty crappy and ignorant Scarberian.

Educated guess, that malvern2 doesn't know who David & Mary Thomson is.

r937 just spit out his morning coffee. You're just trying to drive him crazy right?

Probably doesn't know Frank Faubert and Albert Campbell either. I'm certain Ford has never heard of any of them. Probably thinks David & Mary Thomson are related to Tommy Thompson and Albert Campbell made soup.

If anyone's interested, I believe Kathy Ford is back in court today for toothbrushgate. I wonder if the "community service" she couldn't discuss last time was ratting on her brother.

Edit: Whoops, I mean she was supposed to have been in court yesterday. I never heard anything about it though.

Last edited:
According to Twitter buzz, one neighbourhood was left out of the FordFest robocall invite, Boystown. Yup, the mayor called mostly everyone in the city to invite people to Fordfest but neglected to invite an entire neighbourhood..... sheesh, I wonder how that particular neighbourhood is different? It couldn't be because he's an ahole homophobe could it??? Nah, he's assured us he isn't homophobic so obviously not robocalling the one area that is identified as being the gay area of the city was just a coincidence.

According to Twitter buzz, one neighbourhood was left out of the FordFest robocall invite, Boystown. Yup, the mayor called mostly everyone in the city to invite people to Fordfest but neglected to invite an entire neighbourhood..... sheesh, I wonder how that particular neighbourhood is different? It couldn't be because he's an ahole homophobe could it??? Nah, he's assured us he isn't homophobic so obviously not robocalling the one area that is identified as being the gay area of the city was just a coincidence.

How would he manage to do that?

Also, is this the weekend where the house of cards falls and the curtain is drawn to show that our MINO is still at it?

Educated guess, that malvern2 doesn't know who David & Mary Thomson is. For a proud Scarberian, he's a pretty crappy and ignorant Scarberian.
I doubt Ford knows who they were either, and a a descendant of the Thomson's, I am pissed that he is using my family's park for his camping. He needs to learn to play by the rules, and I can't wait for October.

According to Twitter buzz, one neighbourhood was left out of the FordFest robocall invite, Boystown.

Boystown? I've never heard it called that before. Looking online, I see it used in connection with Church and Wellesley, but it's not that common. You say Boystown to me, and I think of Chicago. I think potential confusion is why Church and Wellesley/The Gay Village are much more commonly used terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back