News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 545     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Can you talk about the decision not to serve alcohol?"

"It's timing...it's just timing. Obviously you need a certain amount of time to get it, and there wasn't enough time...yeah...so that's all there is to it. If people want to drink, go ahead. I'm not drinking, I cannot drink. I'm not going to be this guy being holier than thou and saying 'you can't drink'. People will enjoy themselves, but...it's just timing, because...obviously, heh, they didn't have enough time to get it, so that's it."

Why they wouldn't have had enough time to get a liquor permit for an event they have every year, I have no idea.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat · 4m
City spokesman says Ford Fest doesn't have a permit yet but will get a permit because there are "no administrative reasons" to deny #TOpoli

Maybe because it has been announced that the illegal activity of drinking in a city park is fully condoned by the applicants of the permit.

And then there is the suggestion that people possibility drink before they come, and drive to the park.

Jennifer Pagliaro did a great job today. She confronted him about Apollo and was told to be very careful about what she writes. Sound familiar?

Brian Perry
‏@BTP1960
Doug Ford on radio a few minutes ago:" Rob has more votes in the black community than Obama."

"So what are you saying, are you accusing me of something? What's wrong , with helping people? I help everybody. I help everyone. And I've never tooken one dime of taxpayers money. You know that. So I hope...just be careful what you write, because I never took a dime of taxpayers money, and I never will. You can't say that for other people, but I guarantee---this guy? Is as honest as the day is long with taxpayers' money. You know it and I know it."

Oh it's the old conflict of interest defence, dusted off. It's not a conflict if I didn't benefit personally.

" Can you comment on your nephew running for your brother's..."

"I wish him the best of luck. Y'know, he comes from a political family---even when he was knee-high to a grasshopper he helped out my Dad, his grandfather. He's helped out on campaigns...He...he's smart. He...he'll be a huge asset for, uh, Etobicoke North. He has to work hard. Obviously nothing's ---he can't take anything for granted. He has the literature, and he's gonna do well, and I'm gonna support him 100%. He's, uh, an eager young man. I wish him all the best."

744b3e57dcdefdcbca75a8ec8ed84f0e.jpg

Attachments

• 744b3e57dcdefdcbca75a8ec8ed84f0e.jpg
    744b3e57dcdefdcbca75a8ec8ed84f0e.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 749
Jennifer Pagliaro did a great job today. She confronted him about Apollo and was told to be very careful about what she writes. Sound familiar?

That very phrase was uttered by Fordian lips on Nov 13 last year upon the release of further portions of the ITO documents that revealed staff interviews, oxy and hooker rumours, staff buying booze on the clock, and so on. I'd take it as a sign they are rattled.

" Ford fest---I invite everyone to ford fest. Even the other candidates if they want to come to ford fest. We've been doing it...since 1995, when my Dad got elected, it's our 19th year. it got too big, uh, obviously, for my Mum's backyard---we've done it EVERY year. Not just on an election year, every year. I think you guys have seen this. So whoever wants to make this into a political issue---obviously that's their intention. This is gonna be for Scarborough, and AGAIN (getting exasperated), I think you were there last year---I think you guys have been there for a lot...(snorts)..a long time. This is 19 years, and, um, y'know, it gets a little emotional because my Dad's not with us, and he started it, and he said we're giving back to the community, and, that's what we're doing, so---it started in 1995, we've had it EVERY single year, and we're going to continue to have it every single year just to give back to the community, let people come, have a good time---that's all there is too it. Again...it's frustrating when you hear other people spinning it---(trails off) Come---anybody, all the other candidates, councilors, Mayors---everybody in the city is invited, this Friday, July 25th, at Tommy Thompson Park. Right at Lawrence and Brimley, like we've done before."

Huh, according to news reports from two years ago, Ford Fest 2012 was the 12th year for this annual event which started when Rob was elected to city council. Here's one:

The barbecue is a tradition dating back 12 years when Toronto's mayor was a member of council. Since then it has become popular with Ford supporters and curious neighbours.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-mayor-s-ford-fest-proves-popular-1.1217338

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back