News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 540     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
And on another note:

While law and order conservative councillor Michael Thompson can demand, as he did two weeks ago, that Rob Ford apologize for calling the quarter of a million African Canadian residents of Toronto “niggers,” for him to raise the question of Anthony Smith’s murder would be, by Toronto standards, beyond the pale. The great racial injustice of the Ford mayoralty is not the mayor’s penchant for using derogatory slurs; it is the probability that he ordered the death of a young black man and has suffered no political consequences from that very reasonable suspicion. While black activists like Samuel Getachew and Desmond Cole are doing work to raise questions about Ford with black Torontonians, their public condemnations are focused not on the fact that the mayor, who is already facing a lawsuit for a savage prison beating against another potential informant, who has already been caught on tape bragging, in a drug-induced frenzy, about how he will have those who inform on him violently beaten and killed, likely ordered the hit on young Anthony Smith. Instead, they are focused on the hurt feelings generated by Ford’s use of the word “nigger.”

http://stuartparker.ca/justice-for-anthony-smith/

I guess it's just my night for tossing and turning. This seems pretty bold to put in print, no?

funny how she doesn't get the joke and expresses her longing for rob instead...

wish.jpg

https://twitter.com/leeeee34/status/489980116756217856

Attachments

• wish.jpg
    wish.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 1,554
And on another note:

http://stuartparker.ca/justice-for-anthony-smith/

I guess it's just my night for tossing and turning. This seems pretty bold to put in print, no?

I'm pretty sure Ford & Lisi were behind the break-in & beating at 15 Windsor, but I've always been scared to just put it that bluntly. Even though Ford's yet to sue anybody, it seems like he could do it at some point if he gets desperate enough.

As for the Anthony Smith shooting, that one I just don't know about. There are enough weirdnesses around it that I have some questions, still, but I feel like it's pretty *ahem* brazen to just outright say Ford ordered it. It's a pretty big thing to be wrong about.

I'm pretty sure Ford & Lisi were behind the break-in & beating at 15 Windsor, but I've always been scared to just put it that bluntly. Even though Ford's yet to sue anybody, it seems like he could do it at some point if he gets desperate enough.

As for the Anthony Smith shooting, that one I just don't know about. There are enough weirdnesses around it that I have some questions, still, but I feel like it's pretty *ahem* brazen to just outright say Ford ordered it. It's a pretty big thing to be wrong about.

It is pretty bold and probably ill advised but he does make a good point ... Why is the crown not prosecuting the guy who was arrested? Or is he small potatoes compared to nailing the mayor? If mayor asshat has nothing to hide why have the best criminal lawyer on speed dial who advises silence? So many questions, so few answers ...

It is pretty bold and probably ill advised but he does make a good point ... Why is the crown not prosecuting the guy who was arrested? Or is he small potatoes compared to nailing the mayor? If mayor asshat has nothing to hide why have the best criminal lawyer on speed dial who advises silence? So many questions, so few answers ...

Yes, Lisi is in court, but the subjects of Project Traveller are not.

And one reason they're not before the courts is because a key witness/participant, who also happens to be the mayor, is not cooperating and helping our law enforcement officers break a gang that deals drugs and peddles weapons, etc.

If Ford has gained insight into his addiction, as he claimed, and if he is authentically contrite, as he's claimed, and if he's no longer associating with known criminals, as he's claimed, what possible reason could he have for demuring on this most important of all questions?

On this point, there is no transparency, no penitent behaviour and, most significantly, no effort to align himself with the law-abiding portion of our society.

Yes, he has the right not to self-incriminate. But with rights come responsibilities, as countless conservatives have said, and where is the suddenly responsible Ford when it comes to assisting the police in taking down a gang that has been a menace to Etobicoke?

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showth...rn-(June-30-2014-)/page54?p=886858#post886858

also... here's a windsor article about project traveller from only a few weeks ago...

Volumes of recently unsealed search warrant requests from a year-long probe called Project Traveller offer an unprecedented look at the inner workings of the Dixon City Bloods..

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/news/gun-runners-part-2-the-demand-for-firepower-is-big

Last edited:
Damn, next time Ford starts harping on how he saved the city a billion dollars, one of the other candidates should definitely repurpose his crack cocaine quote: "I cannot comment on a savings I have not seen or does not exist."

Do you know what pisses me off about Rob's toe surgery story? Two years ago, my wife was diagnosed with Stage III colon cancer. She had to wait almost two months for surgery. Rob gets an appointment on the table, if he wants it, within a week? Let's just say I think some priorities are a bit messed up. (FYI my wife's surgery and subsequent treatment were successful. It's all good.)

If Ford had A. Smith whacked, some people in their mutual inner circles would know. There's almost no sense in doing something like that if it doesn't also "send a message" (it certainly didn't scare anyone into destroying the crack video). Abdi and Siad were having the "Ya, he said I’ll give you $5,000 and a car, WTF is that?†conversation literally 13.5 hours before Smith was shot. They didn't have another conversation the next day saying "oh man this guy's serious, let's not f*ck with him!"

A few weeks later, others took Ford's cellphone and then haggled with Lisi over how much weed it would take for them to give it back! Would you do that with the property of a guy who you think had someone gunned down in the middle of downtown? Basso called him a f*cking idiot. She worried about the cops coming around every day, screwing up their 'business' but she didn't think RoFo was going to come over and kill them. Siad continued to try to sell the video; he seemed more worried about what other dealers would do to him (either because they don't approve of him blackmailing a good customer like Rofo, or because they wanted the lucrative vid for themselves) than being worried about the Fords.

They tried to wrest control of it under the guise of the Toronto Portlands Company (TPLC) which they control and hope to use it to make a quick buck (malls and all)- and failed miserably when then the public hit back with a vengeance and council ended scuttling their plans. It was their first and very public Battle of Midway failure. Thus the hate-on.

AoD

This. Is the real problem at Sugar Beach. So far away in time that Rob forgot that the Feds paid for most of it. Your 6 cent levy for the toilet may be worth it some day, should you visit.

Who controls the waterfront is as old a political issue as Toronto itself. It's also still true that diverting people down some rabbit hole about right-wing-left-wing, who smoked what, or who forgot who, is exactly what kills any real discussion about Toronto's tax money and its future as a liveable and workable city. Every effing candidate mentions congestion and traffic as problems 1 and 2, simply because they were big effing problems 25 years ago and have not yet been dealt with in a meaningful way. And how many years before even RoFo's Subways open a new station?

Rob may be a buffoon with hours of laffs for peeps like me, but his public toilet story is an apt diversion for what really happened on the waterfront under his watch. Oh and what was the outcome with Billy Bishop airport and the cafe-hotel-nightclub-brothel as proposed? (Mamms needs a 3-month part-time gig as a table dancer, in case anyone's interested.)

I may not be a mother waiting for bus in the wasteland, but I like to think I know a bit how she feels. Do I have to vote for Chow instead of Soks?

Last edited:
If Ford had A. Smith whacked, some people in their mutual inner circles would know. There's almost no sense in doing something like that if it doesn't also "send a message" (it certainly didn't scare anyone into destroying the crack video). Abdi and Siad were having the "Ya, he said I’ll give you $5,000 and a car, WTF is that?” conversation literally 13.5 hours before Smith was shot. They didn't have another conversation the next day saying "oh man this guy's serious, let's not f*ck with him!"

A few weeks later, others took Ford's cellphone and then haggled with Lisi over how much weed it would take for them to give it back! Would you do that with the property of a guy who you think had someone gunned down in the middle of downtown? Basso called him a f*cking idiot. She worried about the cops coming around every day, screwing up their 'business' but she didn't think RoFo was going to come over and kill them. Siad continued to try to sell the video; he seemed more worried about what other dealers would do to him (either because they don't approve of him blackmailing a good customer like Rofo, or because they wanted the lucrative vid for themselves) than being worried about the Fords.

Agreed. The gang members caught on the Project Traveller wiretaps apparently didn't take Lisi's threats (courtesy of Ford) seriously... until around the 21st when the shooting in Dixon Tower & the Basso break-in happened. That's when they suddenly got VERY spooked.

If there's a Smith connection, I think it'd be pretty tenuous.

That said, it's always possible there was stuff on the wiretaps that's been kept from the public.

Has anyone ever seen RoFo's toes?

How can we comment on a baby toe that we have never seen or does not exist?

I've been seriously trying to avoid this image all day.

This little piggy went to the trap house, this little piggy went to Muzik, this little piggy went to Steak Queen, this little piggy had none. And this little piggy went wee wee wee all the way to Bracebridge! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back