lane reductions on eglinton, i thought you were an insensitive asshole
before, but this really wins some kind of prize for monstrosity

why don't you just quietly withdraw from the race, because nobody's voting
for you this time

then go take some remedial classes in how to be a decent human being

most sincerely

rudy

RoFo at Toronto Western

I am gaining my internet degree in podiatry today. Looks like reasons for operating on baby toe: it's terribly crushed, cut/bleeding/infected to all hell/contains crystals that sometimes form due to long-term gout. None of these treatments would be able to wait months. Add to the toe mystery why Ford would be at TW when he lives in Etobicoke. Maybe he was dumb enough to jam his toe last night/this morning and go wait in emerge - but I'm assuming he has a family doc who would have him go to an x ray locally.

He wasn't in Emerg--I'm the one who saw him at TW. Not limping, wearing dress shoes. BTW TW has an addictions department on the 9th floor. Was he there because the wheels have come off the wagon? He was there for 3 hours, from 8:30 to 11:30. I saw him in the lobby at 8:30 and waited for him to leave (I parked next to him in the parking garage) at 11:30.

I get that most people here don't use the Waterfront, but y'all need to understand that the washrooms and umbrellas are miles apart. Umbrellas are on Sugar Beach, with its beautiful (really! It's fun!) views of Redpath's scoop unloading freighters, beautiful dockside walk and sand and Muskoka chairs. DMW is talking about the washroom at Cherry Beach sportsfields, where that $600k was probably covered by rent from the soccer and lacrosse users in one summer.

Why doesn't some photographer go down and take shots of the whole sports complex? Too much to ask of our media?

Cherry Beach lower right, near the Outer Harbour and deep in the Port Lands. Sugar Beach upper left, by the Corus Building and Waters Edge Promenade, in the area known as East Bayfront.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.6408221,-79.3496748,16z?hl=en

Maybe Ford and co thought the video was taken care of with Smith and that they no longer had to worry about it or send a message? Some folks I've spoken to think the crack video was filmed on Smiths' phone, and Siad borrowed it to catch Ford smoking the pipe.

Always been intrigued by the seven phone calls between RoFo and Lisi in the hours after Anthony Smith was shot dead. One or two calls might have been, let's send flowers. But seven calls?

He wasn't in Emerg--I'm the one who saw him at TW. Not limping, wearing dress shoes. BTW TW has an addictions department on the 9th floor. Was he there because the wheels have come off the wagon? He was there for 3 hours, from 8:30 to 11:30. I saw him in the lobby at 8:30 and waited for him to leave (I parked next to him in the parking garage) at 11:30.

Methadone?

I don't think he ever stopped using!

It's telling that he's dropped his "I didn't drink yesterday and I didn't drink today" line, and replaced it with a grandiose promise in the 3rd person that he'll never drink or use drugs ever again. This coupled with his demeanour at Danzig and wearing the same suit and tie.

One interesting thing about Ford is, despite his lies, half-truths, insincere apologies and wishful thinking, he seems to refuse to lie about some things. Why doesn't he just deny plainly that he was under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol at Danzig? When asked directly about his drug use, he chooses not to answer, rather than lie.

This goes back all the way to his original denial that he used crack. He said "I do not use crack cocaine, not am I an addict". Before his famous admission (when he was finally asked the right question), he NEVER actually denied using crack. What explains this? Could there be a part of him that wants to be suspected and found out?

It's telling that he's dropped his "I didn't drink yesterday and I didn't drink today" line, and replaced it with a grandiose promise in the 3rd person that he'll never drink or use drugs ever again. This coupled with his demeanour at Danzig and wearing the same suit and tie.

One interesting thing about Ford is, despite his lies, half-truths, insincere apologies and wishful thinking, he seems to refuse to lie about some things. Why doesn't he just deny plainly that he was under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol at Danzig? When asked directly about his drug use, he chooses not to answer, rather than lie.

This goes back all the way to his original denial that he used crack. He said "I do not use crack cocaine, not am I an addict". Before his famous admission (when he was finally asked the right question), he NEVER actually denied using crack. What explains this? Could there be a part of him that wants to be suspected and found out?

I think the 3rd person is a dissociative act - "I" implies ownership - third person "Rob Ford" implies a side of him that he feel can isolate and label and judge as "bad". I also think that he, when relatively in control of his faculties, will go with the legalese semi non-denials. Recall the video rant - "don't tell me we're liars, thieves, birds—it hurts".

AoD

Last edited:

Rob Ford does not drink and does not do drugs. Robert Ford on the other hand. And you really don't want to piss off Robert Bruce Ford.

Could there be a part of him that wants to be suspected and found out?

Little Bobby Ford perhaps. He's the very small, shy, and quiet one whispering 'please help me'.

agreed - my feeling is that there's a not-too-small part of Rob that wants to be caught. the moment when he confessed to the journalists at city hall was worth a thousand psychology textbooks. Doug was away, his staff were away, and Rob was flying solo. He literally looked at Proskow and said, "ask me again if I smoke crack."

he desperately wanted to come clean. must be an exhausting way to live.

I don't know about his motivations but yes, I too have noticed there is this imaginary line that he won't cross. This is truly bizarre since he is always lying, so what's one more to add to the pile. It would make life so much easier for him. Keeping track of lies and semantic half truth is complicated!:)

agreed - my feeling is that there's a not-too-small part of Rob that wants to be caught. the moment when he confessed to the journalists at city hall was worth a thousand psychology textbooks. Doug was away, his staff were away, and Rob was flying solo. He literally looked at Proskow and said, "ask me again if I smoke crack."

he desperately wanted to come clean. must be an exhausting way to live.

I wish he actually could get the help he needs. A fam member took 20 years but now his life has a self aware peace. I bet fun/nice Rob is actually a pretty cool guy.
Damn. Did I say that ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back