News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephanie Smyth ‏@stephaniesmyth 2m
'Sobriety Coach' Bob Marier now gone ...Doug Ford tells me Rob #Ford is 'good enough to stand on his own' @CP24 #TOpoli

Just guessing, but I predict that Bob's coaching resume will not be getting an update after the events of the last few weeks.

Stephanie Smyth ‏@stephaniesmyth 1m
'Sobriety Coach' Bob Marier now gone ...Doug Ford tells me Rob #Ford is 'good enough to stand on his own' @CP24 #TOpoli

Mmmhmm.

I am not a social worker or an addiction worker, and of course I stand outside this situation (despite following it obsessively), but I have done research with substance abusers and social workers and I'm finding it pretty hard to believe that a man with years of poly-substance abuse behind him is "good enough to stand on his own" after a few months, even before we consider what external stresses a man in Ford's position must be under. (I will acknowledge that Ford could be getting some other form of support, but it does not seem at all unreasonable to expect him to explain what that is and be accountable to the citizens of Toronto for following through with it, given his history.)

You guys called it. Clearly they weren't happy with the globe story.

And given how little RoFo learned in spahab, the idea that he doesn't need supervision is laughable.

Guess we can start the relapse watch in earnest.

Apparently not, given his new toe injury. :D

"Hey doc, my toe hurts. You got any o' them percoset? Or some hezza? Hell, whatyagot, I'll take it!"

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 1m
Doug Ford confirms Mayor Rob Ford will have toe surgery next week #TOpoli

Just don't give him painkillers.

tumblr_mvsb7rD1sE1roa2tpo1_1280.jpg
Apparently not, given his new toe injury. :D

Attachments

• tumblr_mvsb7rD1sE1roa2tpo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_mvsb7rD1sE1roa2tpo1_1280.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 738
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back