621     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Like I’ve (DoFo) always said, what’s in the past is in the past and I’m hoping that Rob is going to blaze a new trail when he comes back,” he told the Sun. I guess he's not going to run on his record!

I had thought of him as someone with whom I would have political differences, but would still be an admirable representative of the city - sort of like Norm Kelly. His original handling of the crack scandal back in 2013 wasn't terrible - not defaulting to the side of the mayor, raising questions and behaving the way a political ally would. But then he went full idiot, claiming that the video was faked, jumped right back into Ford's camp, and started attacking everyone.

I hope that Holyday gets trounced next week.

Holyday also went full idiot on transit, spouting the same garbage about LRT as the Fords, and asking for more subways in his neck of the woods. It's so nice not to have him in city hall anymore, but now he's helping concoct the idiotic PC transit plans.

“Like I’ve (DoFo) always said, what’s in the past is in the past and I’m hoping that Rob is going to blaze a new trail when he comes back,” he told the Sun. I guess he's not going to run on his record!

I would love people to throw that in their faces when they blather on during campaigns, a la:
We saved a billion dollars!

What's in the past is in the past, Rob.

We brought subways, subways, subways!

What's in the past is in the past, Rob.

And so on.

I think what's meant by that is the fact that he won't take a stand against RoFo's racist ranting.

Pinball Clemons on player Jonathan Martin leaving the Miami Dolphins after reportedly receiving constant harassment from teammate Richie Incognito:

"What it really shows is bullying is a microcosm of society, that it’s in our daily lives. Bullying is often associated with kids but it’s full grown, it’s everywhere. It’s in the office, it’s on the playground. Everywhere we work, live and play bullying is present and the more we see it and understand it, I think the more capable we are of dealing with it."

Pinball Clemons on Mayor Rob Ford's racism:

"That really has nothing to do with me."

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013...-its-everywhere-its-not-always-the-small-guy/

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/474939083244859392

https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/status/474939158449127425/photo/1

Last edited:
“Like I’ve (DoFo) always said, what’s in the past is in the past and I’m hoping that Rob is going to blaze a new trail when he comes back,†he told the Sun. I guess he's not going to run on his record!

Blaze a new trail? He's burning quite nicely, and left a very nice trail of destruction along the way. Quite apt!

AoD

It's incredibly lame for one thing that he won't criticize Ford for making the racist remarks if it turns out he didn't mean them. When has that ever made it better?

I thought he said that Ford should only apologize if he means it (as in, no POS "sorry if you were offended" apology). Admittedly I only caught that part on Twitter.

“Like I’ve (DoFo) always said, what’s in the past is in the past and I’m hoping that Rob is going to blaze a new trail when he comes back,†he told the Sun. I guess he's not going to run on his record!

Exactly. Rob is going to blaze a new trail of what? New exciting f-ups that will be "in the past" the day after they happen?

As for the new CH footage, it does look to me like Rob is experiencing a spasm in the car and gets out to try and relieve it. However that does not mean he wasn't under the influence. Why isn't he driving his own car, for example?

Well, Doug and Diane might have just decided to show up at the food bank drive after hearing about it or seeing it advertised somewhere -- we don't know that they were invited.

I could use some help finishing this ... :)

Hope this helps

10939176923_29ab750336_z.jpg

Well, Doug and Diane might have just decided to show up at the food bank drive after hearing about it or seeing it advertised somewhere -- we don't know that they were invited.
It was tweeted by the media yesterday that they would be making an appearance today.

I thought he said that Ford should only apologize if he means it (as in, no POS "sorry if you were offended" apology). Admittedly I only caught that part on Twitter.

Okay, well, that would be different. But being an adult, Ford should be expected to make a sincere apology, or else not bother. Maybe Clemons is anticipating that Ford will think he has nothing to apologize for if he can explain away the remarks by virtue of their location in The Past and/or being fuelled by a drunken stupor/stinkin' drooper/brain spasm, etc.

Maybe Clemons is anticipating that Ford will think he has nothing to apologize for if he can explain away the remarks by virtue of their location in The Past and/or being fuelled by a drunken stupor/stinkin' drooper/brain spasm, etc.

That seems like a very likely Ford train of thought.

Exactly. Rob is going to blaze a new trail of what? New exciting f-ups that will be "in the past" the day after they happen?

As for the new CH footage, it does look to me like Rob is experiencing a spasm in the car and gets out to try and relieve it. However that does not mean he wasn't under the influence. Why isn't he driving his own car, for example?

The driver called Doug because he knew he couldn't handle Rob by himself, Rob was too wasted for him to get to the car alone. As they approach the car it looks like his driver took a hold of his arm. Best guess is that Doug started yelling at Rob in the car and Rob got out to teach Doug a lesson, stumbled, fell and was helped back in by his driver who was blocking his way and probably trying to talk some sense into his crack addled brain.

Bebop nice bingo card. You know what's so bad about the Fords is that I honestly can't think of another slogan/words they use. They are like the Teddy Ruxpin of talking points. They only have half a dozen things. I just thought of a good one "Nobody works/helps/supports/ ___ more than me"

Gavin, not saying Pinball is a bad guy, he's just a phony. If you are going to take the mantra of "community leader" but unwilling to speak out against a racist mayor who hangs out with gangs in the community, than you're a phony. It has nothing to do with politics, it has to do with the man. Again not saying Pinall is a bad guy, just would like some community leaders take a stand. Heck even NBA players were willing to take a stand against that owner.

Chuvalo is a totally different story, here's a guy who lost 3 sons from suicide and drugs. Chuvalo are long time friends with the Fords, who's kids hanged out with the Fords. I guess all these tragedies that happened is just a coincidence, just like that the entire Ford clan is screwed up is a "coincidence too". After making a post career celebrity of himself by speaking out of the dangers of drugs to this day still hangs out and endorses the same family that is involved in gangs and drugs. We all have black sheep in the family, but when the entire herd ends up in tragedy and go down the wrong road. Maybe we should look a bit more at the driver. But hey Do as I say not who i hang out with.

As for Ford, I am stunned we are even having a conversation of him returning and behaving for LESS than 4 months and than it somehow proves he should get another 4 years. What an absolute crazy concept. That is literally how low the bar has been send. How that concept is even being listened to as legit is as crazy as it gets.

The driver called Doug because he knew he couldn't handle Rob by himself, Rob was too wasted for him to get to the car alone. As they approach the car it looks like his driver took a hold of his arm. Best guess is that Doug started yelling at Rob in the car and Rob got out to teach Doug a lesson, stumbled, fell and was helped back in by his driver who was blocking his way and probably trying to talk some sense into his crack addled brain.

How much was Deco paying Toolaram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back