304     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 804     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 699     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's impossible because we know Robbie is religious with his dental hygiene. He brushes his teeth everywhere, even when he is in his SUV. I mean, who but dental hygiene fanatics does that?

People who are so high they confuse a toothbrush with a crack pipe.

Sorry, free to make your own dictionary, but IMHO ithat s not a very sensible use of schlep, which means to carry or otherwise transport someone (which can include oneself) or something from one place to another and, while it can refer to such a person or object, it does not depend on who or what is being moved being difficult or clumsy to move (e.g., "I was schlepping the kids from school to hockey practice to the mall.) I have never heard of any aspect (no matter how bizarre) of (ahem) "the sex act" bring described as schlepping.

Damn. I should have used my grammar phone.
I am inarticulate at the best of times, never mind trying to describe the crazy that is RoFo.

The heels look like a really bad idea.
1297564600661_ORIGINAL.jpg

Attachments

• 1297564600661_ORIGINAL.jpg
    1297564600661_ORIGINAL.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 2,517
Nice smack-down of GFL's appeal to have their Conditional safety rating quashed.

"[36] In other words: (1) the Applicants’ Application for Judicial Review appears to be without merit; and (2) assuming irreparable harm, the balance of convenience favours not interfering with the regulatory decision of the Registrar. Indeed, in my opinion, in circumstances where public safety is the factor that is being balanced against the financial interests of the Applicants, the balance of convenience favours the Registrar."

I particularly like the Judge's quoting of statistics, that 95.6% of CVOR holders have safety ratings at or below 35%; only 0.6% of operators have an overall violation rate of over 70%. And then there was the fact that GFL's rating actually went up during the reconsideration period -- from 73.5% to 79.31%.

GFL's arguments: they will suffer irreparable harm if an interlocutory injunction or a stay is not granted because: (a) GFL Environmental will be disqualified from obtaining new municipal contracts; (b) GFL Environmental will be in default in its contractual obligations to current municipal clients; (c) the Applicants will suffer reputational harm; and (d) the Applicants will face increased insurance and financing costs.

Well, duh! Clean up your safety record and you won't be in default; you'll be able to bid on new contracts; you won't have such a bad reputation; your insurance company won't consider you such an awful risk.

Makes you wonder if RoFoDoFo helped them make their case.

Maybe it was just too early in the morning, but she looks way worse than she did in that LeDrew interview, and that was just a few months ago. She's in rough shape. Mama Ford needs to intervene asap.

I was at 2201 Finch today - and she looks even worse in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back