News   Jul 16, 2024
 315     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO 19m
re: Rob Ford sex tape, allegedly he's been set up for blackmail with a minor. Reporters all buzzing about rumors but so far it's just that

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO 16m
I've heard the same details about this tape from 3 different media outlets and people in Dixon. Nobody who's had eyeballs on the tape.

Dead girl / live boy right?

Obviously with the alleged involvement of a minor the TPS will be forced to investigate.

80s Doug Ford ‏@80sDougFord 1:42PM -- You're all bored now eh? Don't worry. I'll be back. With a super typhoon of bullsh*t. It'll be a f*ckin' Dougapocalypse

Frod and 80's Doug are the funniest writers ever! I consistently giggle uncontrollably both at the way it sounds out loud but also how incredibly spot on they are.
Also the other twitter guy who has a fez on his head. I forget though. And I am that lazy that I will not just switch tabs and go look.

Frod and 80's Doug are the funniest writers ever! I consistently giggle uncontrollably both at the way it sounds out loud but also how incredibly spot on they are.
Also the other twitter guy who has a fez on his head. I forget though. And I am that lazy that I will not just switch tabs and go look.

Jesse Hawken? Yeah, he's extremely sharp and funny.

This is from Goldsbie's article in NOW. So it seems RoFo has a party place at Annette/High Park. This rings a bell, but I can't remember in connection with what. Too many details to keep track of!:)

February 6
It was about midnight on Thursday, February 6, and Mayor Rob Ford just wanted to help.
That Michael Kopko had already declined his assistance didn’t deter him, any more than the low of -7? had kept him from going outside without a coat.
Kopko, a chartered bus driver, had driven home from work to find that his usual parking space on the south side of Annette, in Toronto’s Junction neighbourhood, was blocked by leftovers from the day’s considerable snowfall. After making unsuccessful attempts to parallel park, he put his vehicle in the street with its four-ways on and began clearing the snow with his feet.
Immediately to the west, in an area marked No Stopping, was parked a black Cadillac Escalade on whose dashboard sat a yellow sign bearing the City of Toronto logo and the words Authorized Official Vehicle.
“It was a ghost town – no one’s around,” Kopko told me in an interview the following week. “And I hear the door to an apartment or a house open, and some chatter, some people walking out. I’m going about my business kicking the snow. All of a sudden I hear, ‘You okay, buddy?’ And I look up and it’s Rob Ford.”
What had brought Ford to the neighbourhood was unclear. Three hours earlier, he’d wrapped up the first debate of the mayoral election at the University of Toronto’s Scarborough campus. His driver, Jerry Agyemang, accompanied him to that event but was apparently nowhere to be seen in the Junction.
Kopko said Ford repeatedly offered to assist him, figuring his Escalade was obstructing the spot. “It almost seemed like, you know, he tried to play this sort of hero role, almost belligerent in a way. Like, I was trying to explain to him that ‘You [can’t] help me,’ but he insisted on trying.”
Further complicating this, Kopko said, was that the mayor “was slurring a little bit” and had trouble understanding what Kopko was saying. “It was almost like a rapid-fire exchange that wasn’t rapid fire.”
Eventually, according to Kopko, the mayor got in his SUV, did a U-turn and zipped up High Park Avenue, where Kopko later saw the vehicle parked in an area off-limits for post-midnight parking.
(Ford’s spokesperson at the time did not respond to a request for comment on this point.)
Ford then arrived at 3030, a Dundas West bar up the street.
“He appeared very red-faced when he came in,” said a bartender. A patron described him as “beet-red and sweating.” Both spoke on the condition of anonymity.
Witnesses didn’t see Ford drink at the establishment, and 3030 owner Jameson Kelly emphasized in a letter to NOW that “the mayor did not order or consume any alcohol during his visit.”
Ford was, however, sitting at a table with young people he appeared to know, and the aforementioned patron said it had several drinks on it. Upon telling him that perhaps he shouldn’t be sitting at a booze-laden table in a Junction bar after midnight on a weekday, she said the mayor dared her to drink the whisky shot for which he’d been reaching. She obliged.
The bartender said the mayor left at about 1 am. It’s not known how he got home.
He didn’t show up at work the next day, and his spokesperson told the Sun he was “not feeling well.”
Kopko provided two addresses as being the houses from which Ford may have emerged. Property records for one list Gina Kindree among its three owners. She is the mother of Alana Kindree, a young woman who joined Ford on St. Patrick's Day 2012, when he had a reportedly wild evening at City Hall and the Bier Markt.
A woman who answered the door at the house wouldn't give her name but said she was a renter and had neither seen Ford in the neighborhood nor knew of any connection her home may have had. Contacted by phone at a residence in Ajax, Gina Kindree declined to speak.

I have to rant about something and finally put away the myth of Ford a great politician and his support has stayed strong. That is a 100% grade A BS. I am a big Jimmy T fan but that article "Science behind FN" has so many myth about his popularity (Robyn Doolittle push this as well). First him winning an election isn't that difficult, the city mayor is normally a carousel of right-wing and left-wing politicians. There is no primary, so it's not like Ford had to compete against other more talented conservative. What Ford did was get his fat ass on the merry-go-round first and no other conservative joined (so not to split the vote)so he was the only man left. Like Mamma Ford told John Tory "It's Robbie turn" he was just right guy at the right time as the Toronto see-saw was pointed to a conservative candidate. If you are good at being mayor, you can last a couple of terms, maybe even a decade. If you are a sh*t mayor, you are one-and done, guess where Mayor Robbie will probably fall, (he's going to be a one & done like Rowlands) and nobody thinks Rowlands was a great mayor just like nobody thinks Rob is.

Point 2: Approval rating. Let get something straight, a mayor approval rating is not the same as PM or Premiere. There is no official opposition so a Mayor approval will always be higher than his actually vote getter. A mayor in the 70s% is considered legend like Hazel or Neshi. 60s% a very strong mayor with good appeal. 50s% average mayor. 40s% is struggling. 30s% probably in prison. Ford won with 48% (good but nothing spectacular, another myth that is was some sore of super majority) had an approval rating in the 60s% in his first year (normal honeymoon approval but nothing abnormal or overly outstanding). In his FIRST YEAR. His approval dropped down to the low/mid 40s% and hasn't been over 50% since. His first year, his first budget he lost centralist and modernist. That's why there is no giant dip during the crack story broke, because most of the common sense people in this city who foolishly voted for him knew their mistake in the first year and jumped ship already.

I think a sports analogy is best way to explain it. Ford holding steady in the mid 40s is the Oakland Raiders being the 30th best team in a 32 team league. If they were the 30th best team in October, and a month later they are still considered the 30th best team in the NFL. That doesn't mean they are holding steady, NO it means they stink and still stink a month later. That's where Ford is. Holding at 45% (give or take a couple of percentage due to margin of error) is not holding steady, it means you are stuck in the mud and people made up their mind they you are not a good mayor. But the media myth that he's holding strong is silly.

Point 3: History shows, it's very easy to win re-election as Mayor. The odds are in your favor that you will get a second term with an easy win. Eggleton in 1982 won his re-election with about 75% of the vote. In 2000 Lastman won with 80% of the vote in his re-election, and in 2006 Miller won his re-election with 57% of the vote. Ford isn't even dreaming about 50%, in his first year he has already put a strategy of splitting the vote and hoping he can get 35% as everybody else gets 30% or under. This idea that he's this powerful force is BULL. He's always been just hype and his "nation" is nothing more than a very vocal "supporters group" that is no-where near the numbers or volume that the local and international media pretends it is. I think even Ford himself know the power of Ford nation is a scam as he went for the split vote strategy immediately.

This is from Goldsbie's article in NOW. So it seems RoFo has a party place at Annette/High Park. This rings a bell, but I can't remember in connection with what. Too many details to keep track of!:)

February 6
It was about midnight on Thursday, February 6, and Mayor Rob Ford just wanted to help.
That Michael Kopko had already declined his assistance didn’t deter him, any more than the low of -7? had kept him from going outside without a coat.
Kopko, a chartered bus driver, had driven home from work to find that his usual parking space on the south side of Annette, in Toronto’s Junction neighbourhood, was blocked by leftovers from the day’s considerable snowfall. After making unsuccessful attempts to parallel park, he put his vehicle in the street with its four-ways on and began clearing the snow with his feet.
Immediately to the west, in an area marked No Stopping, was parked a black Cadillac Escalade on whose dashboard sat a yellow sign bearing the City of Toronto logo and the words Authorized Official Vehicle.
“It was a ghost town – no one’s around,†Kopko told me in an interview the following week. “And I hear the door to an apartment or a house open, and some chatter, some people walking out. I’m going about my business kicking the snow. All of a sudden I hear, ‘You okay, buddy?’ And I look up and it’s Rob Ford.â€
What had brought Ford to the neighbourhood was unclear. Three hours earlier, he’d wrapped up the first debate of the mayoral election at the University of Toronto’s Scarborough campus. His driver, Jerry Agyemang, accompanied him to that event but was apparently nowhere to be seen in the Junction.
Kopko said Ford repeatedly offered to assist him, figuring his Escalade was obstructing the spot. “It almost seemed like, you know, he tried to play this sort of hero role, almost belligerent in a way. Like, I was trying to explain to him that ‘You [can’t] help me,’ but he insisted on trying.â€
Further complicating this, Kopko said, was that the mayor “was slurring a little bit†and had trouble understanding what Kopko was saying. “It was almost like a rapid-fire exchange that wasn’t rapid fire.â€
Eventually, according to Kopko, the mayor got in his SUV, did a U-turn and zipped up High Park Avenue, where Kopko later saw the vehicle parked in an area off-limits for post-midnight parking.
(Ford’s spokesperson at the time did not respond to a request for comment on this point.)
Ford then arrived at 3030, a Dundas West bar up the street.
“He appeared very red-faced when he came in,†said a bartender. A patron described him as “beet-red and sweating.†Both spoke on the condition of anonymity.
Witnesses didn’t see Ford drink at the establishment, and 3030 owner Jameson Kelly emphasized in a letter to NOW that “the mayor did not order or consume any alcohol during his visit.â€
Ford was, however, sitting at a table with young people he appeared to know, and the aforementioned patron said it had several drinks on it. Upon telling him that perhaps he shouldn’t be sitting at a booze-laden table in a Junction bar after midnight on a weekday, she said the mayor dared her to drink the whisky shot for which he’d been reaching. She obliged.
The bartender said the mayor left at about 1 am. It’s not known how he got home.
He didn’t show up at work the next day, and his spokesperson told the Sun he was “not feeling well.â€
Kopko provided two addresses as being the houses from which Ford may have emerged. Property records for one list Gina Kindree among its three owners. She is the mother of Alana Kindree, a young woman who joined Ford on St. Patrick's Day 2012, when he had a reportedly wild evening at City Hall and the Bier Markt.
A woman who answered the door at the house wouldn't give her name but said she was a renter and had neither seen Ford in the neighborhood nor knew of any connection her home may have had. Contacted by phone at a residence in Ajax, Gina Kindree declined to speak.

well, there are lots of rental properties along Annette in that area, some nice, some not so much...I would be severely freaked out if a reporter knocked on my door and asked "Have you seen Rob Ford"?

Remember when there was a throwaway mention in an article about Ford in his car brushing his teeth or using mouthwash or something? I believe it was mentioned by an elderly woman and it was near his house or in Etobicoke? I've googled but all searches just bring up his sister stealing toothbrushes (god, this family) Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Remember when there was a throwaway mention in an article about Ford in his car brushing his teeth or using mouthwash or something? I believe it was mentioned by an elderly woman and it was near his house or in Etobicoke? I've googled but all searches just bring up his sister stealing toothbrushes (god, this family) Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

I think he was parked in Sandro Lisi's driveway.

Neighbour Carol Peck saw Ford brush his teeth, spitting out the side of his car. He was parked in front of Lisi's parents' place.

Source: Rob Ford frequently visited friend Sandro Lisi, who is charged with drug offences

Maybe that's the only way he can be sure of a toothbrush, f he keeps it in his car and only uses it when driving. Hard for Kathy to get her mitts on it then.

Stop this. Doug is the jackass politician, not his daughters. They are free to do as they please.

I'm not criticizing Doug's daughters for their lifestyle choices. Although I wish privileged young women would study, oh, law or medicine rather than run around in their skivvies. We're talking here about a rumoured tv reality show, with all the hoopla and drama that would involve. What I meant by my comment is that the concept of a Ford family reality tv show may be something that other members of the fam might be keen to participate in - and let's face it, the show sponsor might also welcome some storyline that goes beyond the boring brothers.

Maybe that's the only way he can be sure of a toothbrush, f he keeps it in his car and only uses it when driving. Hard for Kathy to get her mitts on it then.

"Robbie does not brush every night, and he does not brush once. When Robbie brushes I think he just goes full tilt,â€

Kathy Ford

Although I wish privileged young women would study, oh, law or medicine rather than run around in their skivvies

If I was an attractive and rich young woman, I would be a model and I would study philosophy - just for fun.

Alas I am none of those things. But I'm sure you have a plan for someone like me, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back