News   Jun 28, 2024
 540     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this is big news.
http://www.thegridto.com/blog-post/whats-up-with-garbage-collection-complaints/
Mon May 5, 2014
What’s up with garbage-collection complaints?
BY: The Keenan Wire

As Neville Park notes in her always handy City Council cheat sheet, Councillor Mike Layton has a motion at the upcoming meeting asking for answers about a certain aspect of Toronto’s contracted-out garbage collection. He’s requesting an administrative inquiry into why the City has, after all the hoopla about private collector Green For Life’s success in District 2, decided not to renew its contract with that company for District 1 and instead put it out to tender. Layton tells me he was told at the March Works committee meeting that the decision was related to the number of complaints coming in from District 1.

You can check out anytime you want, but you can never leave.

I laughed out loud!

Wow, this is big news.
http://www.thegridto.com/blog-post/whats-up-with-garbage-collection-complaints/
Mon May 5, 2014
What’s up with garbage-collection complaints?
BY: The Keenan Wire

It's funny because I've seen many of their trucks in Scarborough over the past 2 weeks and I'm not sure why since we still get the city to collect our garbage.

It's been just a few days and already so many Ford things are being rescinded or removed. Today, there had been a proclamation by Ford for Freedom of Information week and it was taken down. Josh Matlow is sending the Brooklyn Borough President a Drake CD as payment of the bet between he and Ford.

http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/exclusive-toronto-cover-mayor-rob-ford-wager-brooklyn-borough-president-article-1.1780591

Add backing out on bets to his list of offenses.

A Toronto City Councilman has vowed to make good on a wager between Mayor Rob Ford and Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams now that the partying pol has checked into rehab.

Toronto Councillor Josh Matlow, a one-term councilman who has repeatedly called for the embattled mayor to resign, stepped forward Monday to assure Brooklynites that Canada would honor Ford’s NBA wager — a CD by Canadian star Drake.

“With or without Mayor Ford, the business of government must go on,” Matlow told the News. “We’ve got to improve transit, fix gridlock and get a Drake CD over to President Adams.”

RELATED: ERIC ADAMS TO ROB FORD: WANNA BET?

Adams bet that Brooklyn would beat Toronto in the first round of the NBA playoffs — but by Brooklyn’s 106-105 Game 7 win on Sunday, Ford had already taken a leave of absence to deal with his well-publicized substance abuse problems.

Adams had originally wagered a Brooklyn Brewery six-pack and Jay Z album but dropped the beer at Ford's request.

“I don’t want it involving alcohol because I know how it will get spun,” Ford, who’d previously admitted smoking crack, told the Toronto Sun in April.

Last edited:
I just read on Gord Perks Twitter that GFL have had their safety rating drop to conditional. Looks like underbidding for the contract is catching up with them faster than they can get new business.

http://www.canlii.org/en/on/onscdc/doc/2014/2014onsc2728/2014onsc2728.html

Wow, GFL had a violation rate of over 70%!
[11] Under the CVOR, an operator would normally be eligible for a “Satisfactory” rating if it has maintained an on-road performance level of 70% or less of its overall CVOR threshold, and the carrier has been audited and received a passing score.

[12] An operator would be considered for a “Conditional” rating if the carrier or a person or company related to the carrier has an on-road performance level which exceeds 70% of its overall CVOR threshold, or if the carrier or related entity fails its facility audit.

[13] It may be noted that the vast majority of Ontario’s nearly 55,000 CVOR holders have overall violation rates of 70% or less. 95.6% of CVOR holders have safety ratings equal to or below 35%. Only 0.6% of operators have an overall violation rate of over 70%.

Random neurons firing tonight reading this thread. Can't help but think RoFo's rehab has to look something like this:

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 962
Which begs the question, why not leave the nightclub, and go home to your wife and kids :confused:

Because they hate him! I'm sure it felt better to get all blitzed and be surrounded by people who at least pretend to love you. Except Bieber, of course. You can always trust Bieber to give it you straight, man. It's not always what you want to hear, but it's what you need. All hail Bieber's tough but fair love, for it will ultimately save our wayward Mayor.

I remember him being quoted as saying his family hated him, at Muzik, but I've also read that he said terrible, insulting things about Renata last week at the bar. I haven't seen anything specific, however, although one woman said they were too crude to repeat. If that's so, seems strange that they haven't been mentioned.

I remember him being quoted as saying his family hated him, at Muzik, but I've also read that he said terrible, insulting things about Renata last week at the bar. I haven't seen anything specific, however, although one woman said they were too crude to repeat. If that's so, seems strange that they haven't been mentioned.

I haven't heard it either. My mom said she heard him say something along the lines of his parents were never there for him. Did anyone else hear that?

I thought it was unclear who said it, but someone said something about someone else's wife...

View attachment 25730

Anyone else think that Ford is simply getting lipo, and possibly working on a tan...y'know, for that 'recovered' look? Whatever it is, I'm hoping for a speedball overdose before he returns. He's sullied this city enough that I believe it's deserved.

As for the discussion around GFL. I've witnessed what I'd call extremely aggressive driving by a GFL employee/truck. It was on Lake Shore near Turtle Island, so I'm not sure if it was related to their soil removal contract, or their city contract. But I've never seen a City vehicles drive like that in all my years.

Too crude to repeat? This is Toronto, where certain public officials always maintain a dignified decorum. :p

FraudNation:

Indeed - any employee causing this much damage to the reputation of a company would have been sacked ages ago. And he wanted to run the city more like a business? C'est what?

But of course, you already knew what his answer to that would be - the voter chose me, I will stay the course, people who disagree are just a bunch of elitists, look who is on Jimmy Kimmel, etc, etc.

Whoever is the next mayor should invite Don Cherry back and serve him a slice of his humble pie.

AoD

Consider, too, how much of the active FN support base is itself likely "challenged" in such sack-worthy ways; they can identify with Ford on those terms, and see "hope" in his endurance. Y'know, disbarred lawyers, docs who lose their licence, etc (and re the latter: witness Dimitri The Lover-- http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=197613 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back