178     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 316     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Ford saga has been a huge social engineerimg experiment, arranged by a secret Canadian version of the Tavistock Institute.

It was to measure what percentage of the population would support someone who actively, openly, and belligerantly lied to them.
In fact, when some of the lies were repeated with greater frequency, some of the supporters turned into cult members.

The greatest success from the experiment came, not from the cult members, but from those who thought they could see through the nonsense.

By getting distracted, those who did not support Ford failed to put the same effort into creating the city they wanted....rather than reacting against the city didn't want.

I think the Ford saga has been a huge social engineerimg experiment, arranged by a secret Canadian version of the Tavistock Institute.

It was to measure what percentage of the population would support someone who actively, openly, and belligerantly lied to them.
In fact, when some of the lies were repeated with greater frequency, some of the supporters turned into cult members.

The greatest success from the experiment came, not from the cult members, but from those who thought they could see through the nonsense.

By getting distracted, those who did not support Ford failed to put the same effort into creating the city they wanted....rather than reacting against the city didn't want.

"Diane Ford was strict with the mayor at a recent family meeting, making demands that he has said he will adhere to.

Among those demands – the mayor has to get a driver, install a breathalyzer machine in his vehicle to prove he doesn’t drink and drive, <snip>."
http://www.cp24.com/news/ford/ford-s-mother-heartbroken-over-controversy-surrounding-mayor-1.1532938

Did he ever install the breathalyzer?

I understand he hired a driver, but he can't be on Escalade duty 24/7/365. City staff are only supposed to work a 35-40 hour week.
http://wx.toronto.ca/intra/hr/policies.nsf/0/b4d6facd46de334185256b4200696b25?OpenDocument

Last edited:
"Diane Ford was strict with the mayor at a recent family meeting, making demands that he has said he will adhere to.

Among those demands – the mayor has to get a driver, install a breathalyzer machine in his vehicle to prove he doesn’t drink and drive, <snip>."
http://www.cp24.com/news/ford/ford-s-mother-heartbroken-over-controversy-surrounding-mayor-1.1532938

Did he ever install the breathalyzer?

I understand he hired a driver, but he can't be on Escalade duty 24/7/365. City staff are only supposed to work a 35-40 hour week.
http://wx.toronto.ca/intra/hr/policies.nsf/0/b4d6facd46de334185256b4200696b25?OpenDocument

I've asked both the Mayor and members of the media for confirmation regarding this. So far, no word.

Let's on election, Rob Ford wins again.. What is everybody here going to do?

Move back to the (non-Toronto) burbs. As boring and dysfunctional as those cities can be at least people there wouldn't tolerate a crack smoking mayor with links to violent drug dealing gangs. If (via some fluke) Ford wins again I'm going to opt out. I can already barely stomach the idea that I live in a place where 25% of the population are possibly the stupidest, trashiest most gullible people in North America. Ford more years would push me past the point of political despair.

I live in Toronto by choice but I work somewhere else. There's nothing tying me to the crap hole "Ford Nation" wants to create.

I like your line of thought and if I were more honest I would admit that I agree with you. But then, I begin a lot of my days trying to sort out whether my dreams are just unconscious synaptic activity or whether I live in my own private version of the matrix. In any event, it has become clear that either I hate myself or the world/god/karma hates me. Perhaps the Nayshun had been having these same feelings under Miller? I dunno, but f*ck 'em anyway. At this point, I would vote for Pol Pot if he promised to rid my city of the Nayshun (BTW, I'm not sure I would *actually* vote for Pol Pot under any circumstances, but that's my response to the idiots who say "a crack smoking Ford is better than a sober ___").

Yes, that is Doug Jr's theory - if you have any fundraising aspect at an event then claim that the whole event is a fundraiser, which allows you to make unlimited expenditures while concealing the sources and amounts because there are no "contributions".

The 2010 campaign audit found that they spent beyond the limit. Consequences? Some legal expenses, some bad press, then nothing.

So, that's what the Fords learned. (2010 also included a "fundraiser" that did not break even.)

The 2010 campaign audit found that they spent beyond the limit. Consequences? Some legal expenses, some bad press, then nothing.

So, that's what the Fords learned. (2010 also included a "fundraiser" that did not break even.)

Yep, they learned that re contributions. I think that Kouvalis also taught them that you can duck the entire contributions and campaign spending limits rules by claiming that expenditures are 'fundraising costs'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back