345     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 454     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad he showed up, because that's the job he was elected to do. He's working for the City.

I just have so many questions!

Why did he just accept the invitation Friday? Would they have had a backup if he hadn't accepted?

Why did so many staff members show up for about 3 hours? Usually weekends are very quiet although one or two people may show up. So many showed up today.

Did Trudeau, Wynne, Chow etc. walk the parade? Did Ford? He walked on St. Patrick's Day last month. I haven't watched the news today so I don't know.

Jacobs' comment makes me wonder if he wasn't sure Ford would show up.

Also, Olivia Chow went up to see the sitters while this was going on.

But it sounds like he was really at city hall for other reasons, and this was an after thought. The late acceptance (if there was even an acceptance since news organizations were told something completely different) and the short speech just doesn't indicate that this was something he wanted to do, and from the sounds of the crowd reactions, it came off that way. The fact that he wasn't immediately willing to take a photo is very different than his usual behaviour. He's always been willing to take photos before even when he's had "important" business. And the fact that it was on a Sunday seems pretty weird. I would like to know who those two people that the sit-inners didn't know were.

Having a bit of Ford talk at work the other day, I find one thing that hurts the anti-Ford camp is that we have failed to create the quick answers needed to debunk the myths. The Ford "supporters" (I'm putting quotes there cause they seemed more neutral than loyal members of Fraud Nation) were going on about how you would have never seen a previous mayor going into a TCHC housing complex, and that Jones was put in to stop waste like contractors from charging the city $1000 to replace a lightbulb - assuming they show up to do it.

Get me on a topic about Ford on transit, and I will give quality insight and debunking any Ford propaganda, and may even give credit where credit is due. However TCHC is not my forte, I have not read the ombudsman's report, and while I am very confident that Ford has voted against funding and rehabilitation of TCHC units, to be honest I could not point to a single case if my life depended on it.

Hopefully the two juggernauts who have the best chance of taking Ford out (Chow and Tory) are saving their big guns for when the election date draws closer, but these guns need to simplify the message, simplify it further, repeat the talking points constantly, and then simplify it even further. Case in point: "Ford is coaching football on YOUR dime!" Have the information backing this up on hand, but for those who do not care to read it, this talking point needs to be up in people's minds whenever they hear Ford say, "Respect for taxpayers."

I think this has been pointed out before but the comment a former Bosco player makes about Sandusky checking out one of the players is either a joke in poor taste or something to look into. Saying Sandusky in relation to a football coach is like saying bomb on a plane, you just don't go there! It reminds me of the time the Globe and Mail contacted me saying they were trying to talk to as many former players of Ford's in regards to some disturbing rumours going around. I didn't talk to them as I have friends at their competitor.

Wow. Just...wow. I shudder to think. But then again I've been shuddering for the last eleven months. I don't think anything would surprise me now. I am officially numb to our mayor.

Having a bit of Ford talk at work the other day, I find one thing that hurts the anti-Ford camp is that we have failed to create the quick answers needed to debunk the myths. The Ford "supporters" (I'm putting quotes there cause they seemed more neutral than loyal members of Fraud Nation) were going on about how you would have never seen a previous mayor going into a TCHC housing complex, and that Jones was put in to stop waste like contractors from charging the city $1000 to replace a lightbulb - assuming they show up to do it.

Get me on a topic about Ford on transit, and I will give quality insight and debunking any Ford propaganda, and may even give credit where credit is due. However TCHC is not my forte, I have not read the ombudsman's report, and while I am very confident that Ford has voted against funding and rehabilitation of TCHC units, to be honest I could not point to a single case if my life depended on it.

Hopefully the two juggernauts who have the best chance of taking Ford out (Chow and Tory) are saving their big guns for when the election date draws closer, but these guns need to simplify the message, simplify it further, repeat the talking points constantly, and then simplify it even further. Case in point: "Ford is coaching football on YOUR dime!" Have the information backing this up on hand, but for those who do not care to read it, this talking point needs to be up in people's minds whenever they hear Ford say, "Respect for taxpayers."

To me, the best thing to bring up from the Ombudsman's report to convince somebody that Jones needed to go was the fact that he used shady accounting practices to hide the fact that he'd boosted somebody's pay.

As for TCHC, that one's easy. Every single time Council has voted on new policies to keep developmentally disabled seniors from being kicked out of Community Housing, Ford has missed the vote. (Doug showed up to vote 'no', though)

Congratulations to Toronto Mayor "Rob Forb" (you have to look closely) .

rob forb.jpg

Attachments

• rob forb.jpg
    rob forb.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,029
Two more people just walked into @tomayorford’s office. Not sure if they’re staff. Younger man & woman. Didn’t recognize. /CC
They had passkeys though & were able to scan through & enter the locked doors. /CC
/CC
Would campaign workers be authorized to receive swipe cards to CH? Seems unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back