Status
Not open for further replies.
Ajax

Screen Shot 2014-04-25 at 12.42.17 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-25 at 12.42.17 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-04-25 at 12.42.17 PM.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 866
Press release also says Jones will get a severence payment under his employment agreement (amount not stated). Looks like the board did not have the courage to take on a fight about terminating Jones for cause - perhaps, amongst other reasons, because continuing scrutiny of his misconduct would cast continuing light on the 'abject failure' of the board to exercise any actual oversight.

Nobody gets fired for cause any more. You eat the severance and move on. Jones could have been caught buck naked, blindingly drunk and pissing on the buzzer system of a TCHC apartment building and they would have announced that he was resigning for personal reasons. Well, either that or he was running for mayor.

TL;DR: Rob Ford: "With around six months until the election, I am concerned that we do not have an obvious candidate to replace TCHC Gene Jones, who was all that stood between this city and a repeat of the Danzig Street shootings. People get shot in summer."

Just... wow. How much of what he's saying does he believe? Does he believe his own BS now?

Nobody gets fired for cause any more. You eat the severance and move on. Jones could have been caught buck naked, blindingly drunk and pissing on the buzzer system of a TCHC apartment building and they would have announced that he was resigning for personal reasons. Well, either that or he was running for mayor.

Chair apparently has revealed severance is $200,000 (I assume Cdn$, not real money).

This is also a far cry from the MM explanation from a few weeks ago that the OPP/TPS spat was a result of political interference. If what MM has heard this time around is true, I'm not sure that it is very good news for people hoping the TPS will be dropping the hammer on Ford.

Pedro Marques ‏@MetroManTO 16h
I'm told that OPP/TPS public spat is engineered to embolden Ford, cause him to resume past behaviour.

‏@r4v4g3dsku11s 4h
why would they need that, if they had what they needed according to your late march posts?

@MetroManTO
Brazen2 is a multiple charge investigation. They want an airtight case on each charge before wrapping up.

And

@r4v4g3dsku11s 4h
Why the change in narrative from previous statement that TPS were ready to charge, but poli interference got in way?

@MetroManTO
Looks likely that TPS is playing the rumour mill to benefit investigation. Political interference still a factor.

TL;DR: Rob Ford: "With around six months until the election, I am concerned that we do not have an obvious candidate to replace TCHC Gene Jones, who was all that stood between this city and a repeat of the Danzig Street shootings. People get shot in summer."

Just... wow. How much of what he's saying does he believe? Does he believe his own BS now?

So essentially he's saying poor people are to blame for violence and fixing their plumbing will change all that?

I somehow need to stop paying attention to this. I'm no longer resident in Toronto, so why should I care? I became so irritated when he began talking about Danzig. Mayor Crime Lord, threatening the city. I see someone on Twitter noting that this was the same way he talked about his football players: They can't be controlled, who knows what might happen if things get out of hand?

The other candidates need to stand against the disgusting criminal undercurrent of this mayoralty. But they won't. They'll categorize it as personal, pretend they're too good to get personal, then go back to proposing ways they'd meddle with transportation and transit plans to ensure nothing is ever done.

reporterdonpeat: Monday's event with Mayor Rob Ford and Finance Minister Joe Oliver in Ajax has been cancelled #TOpoli

edit: late to the game on this one!

Last edited:

I know I'm not perfect, but this time it surely cannot be His Worship Robert Bruce Ford. The condos in this ad are in a '55 years and older' building (not to mention that they are not in Hallendale). Also, IIRC (but I may not, of course), it has been said that none of the Ford condos (which are in Hallendale) is owned by Robert Bruce Ford. (His Worship has referred to going to 'my mother's condo in Florida'.) (When telling the sports radio jocks that the Fords have 6 condos in Florida, His Worship said "we". In Fordspeak that means someone or other, or some company or other, connected in some manner to the Fords - a la who actually owns the Escalade.)

Last edited:
So essentially he's saying poor people are to blame for violence and fixing their plumbing will change all that?

Only those poor people not held in rhapsodic awe whilst grasping the almighty fridge magnet which has been personally placed in their grasping little (and otherwise idle) hands by the Great Oz, himself, or one of his hand-picked minions. Oh, look...something shiny...

Only those poor people not held in rhapsodic awe whilst grasping the almighty fridge magnet which has been personally placed in their grasping little (and otherwise idle) hands by the Great Oz, himself, or one of his hand-picked minions. Oh, look...something shiny...

Don't forget the $20 bill.

Given that Jones was appointed in May 2012 and the Danzig shootings happened in July 2012, if he was such a great CEO, how was he not able to prevent them in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back