News   Jul 05, 2024
 666     10 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 402     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
@r4v4g3dsku11s
Are you still standing behind your statement of a Ford arrest in the near future?

@MetroManTO
I'm confident of intel from numerous sources that the TPS have what they need to arrest Ford. Timing is at their discretion.

Does anyone else see the hypocrisy in Ford promoting a clean-up of our city? :cool:
Media Advisory

April 2, 2014

Mayor Ford to launch this spring's Clean Toronto Together program

Mayor Rob Ford will introduce the City of Toronto's annual cleanup campaign – Clean Toronto Together – for 2014.

Date: Friday, April 4
Time: 12:45 p.m.
Location: Members Lounge, Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen St. W.

Mayor Ford will be joined by the returning sponsors for the event: lead partner GLAD, broadcast partner CP24, radio partner Newstalk 1010, and the other sponsors including the Toronto Star, the Toronto Sun, Tim Hortons and Pizza Pizza. Community programming partners Earth Day Canada and Park People will also be present at Friday's launch event.

a grotesquely undignified campaign that led to Ford inferring that one Star reporter was a pedophile, in an interview with disgraced criminal windbag Conrad Black.

Great synopsis, notshocking, but please don't unintentionally impugn Daniel Dale with the word "inferring", which means reaching a conclusion from evidence. RoFo had no evidence from which to infer that Dale is a pedophile; instead, he falsely and maliciously implied that Dale is.

(When Daniel Dale launched his lawsuit against RoFo, Daniel became my hero. I wrote and told him so. And he wrote back with thanks :) )

Speaking for myself, and doubtless many others, I am happy to welcome newcomers to the forum and would like to apologize for what may seem like a harsh rebuff rather than a warm welcome.

Forums, espcially those based on topics which generate passion and strong opinion (such as ours), take on an emotional life of their own. They tend to cycle through periods of infighting, love-ins, dissent and disbelief, groupthink, and other normal human reactions, good andbad. So sometimes they are fun and interesting, sometimes they are boring, sometimes they are nuts, and sometimes they are nasty.

Do recognize that just about everyone here is strongly emotionally vested to the idea of legal and political justice for our bonehead crackhead dunderhead shithead mayor. When our hopes are stirred by the possibility of just desserts, only to be dashed again, things spill over into frustration and even a bit of paranoia. It's quite understandable, and it's part of how people deal.

Please, new members, ride it out. Just as the rest of us are.
+1
Honest Ed needs a timeout. Just cuz you're crabby that RoFo hasn't been arrested yet doesn't make it okay to take it out on others.

We're all old enough to decide for ourselves whether we want to believe all, part or none of a new member's posts. I'm not in favour of a rudeness hazing ritual. This city has a bad enough reputation for rudeness as it is.

So your argument boils down to "Because I say so". Got it.

No, it doesn't. That's really not what I'm saying.

I'm not saying there's necessarily any truth behind it, just that referring to TPS as the "PD" sounds like a ridiculously easy and/or common thing to do. Discrediting everything else because of that one hugely minor detail seems overly pedantic.

Sure, you're right: that would be overly pedantic, but luckily that's not what I'm doing. I'm valuing his comment at approximately zero because he doesn't say anything meaningful.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/episodes/2013-2014/the-rob-ford-story
That is the interview again with the 'broker', Farah.
At 21:30 he starts to talk about 'organized crime' visitors to the Dixon meighbourhood, who were looking for the crack video. They were not gang members, they were outsiders, driving in fancy cars, and showing suitcases of money.
Ex military and ex cops also called around, saying they were going to have the videographers 'executed' and saying they were calling on behalf of the mayor...allegedly.

Having him answer the questions is not the point. The point is to remind everyone (esp. Fraud Nation) that there are solid reasons to ask those questions and that RoFoDoFo stonewall instead of answering. I'm willing to bet a lot of Fraud Nation does not know the backstory, since they are blind believers. Having these questions appearing on placards in the background of news clips or photos, or hearing the questions shouted at him often enough might manage to give pause to those Nationals who have an IQ larger than their shoe size. It's worth a try.

But no, no-one thinks he's going to potentially incriminate himself by answering the questions.

Well, there was this one time he suddenly admitted to having smoked crack cocaine. In general, though I agree: he's unlikely to answer even one of them now, and the value of the list consists of showing just how far the reality of Rob Ford is from the way he portrays himself.

Does anyone else see the hypocrisy in Ford promoting a clean-up of our city? :cool:

Cleaning up….

2image.jpg
1images.jpg

Attachments

• 2image.jpg
    2image.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 777
  • 1images.jpg
    1images.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 808
Apparently Robbie just cast the lone vote against naming a street after Nelson Mandela...

Edit:

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 4m
Council votes 40-1 to get city officials to identify a segment of a "prominent" street to dedicate to Nelson Mandela. Rob Ford against.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 2m
"Wowww," says Gord Perks. I think I heard someone say "put THAT on your website."

Matt Elliott ‏@GraphicMatt 1m
Why would Rob Ford vote against naming a street after Nelson Mandela? I can't even.

@ddale8 1m
Council votes 40-1 to get city officials to identify a segment of a "prominent" street to dedicate to Nelson Mandela. Rob Ford against.
:rolleyes:

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8
Ford is on one of his voting-against-things runs right now; he's lost votes 40-1, 36-1, 39-1, 38-3 in the last few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back