437     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 837     11 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 441     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the question-asker/Twitter troll who compiled the list, and I agree he will never voluntarily answer the questions. The purpose of asking isn't to get answers so much as to state, publicly, that answers are needed, and to poke at the "I'm a normal mayor/business as usual" image being promoted by whoever runs Ford's Twitter account.

If we ever find out the answers to those questions it'll be because of journalists and/or police, not some random jerk on Twitter. But I'm not a journalist or a police investigator, and being a random jerk on Twitter is one thing I can do.

Photo-bombs ala "Doug, That's Not True".

I'm all about giving the benefit of the doubt, but if this guy has Smoking-Man-From-X-Files-style knowledge of a conspiracy so deep it would blow our tiny little minds and destroy the planet if it were ever exposed, then 1) he would get that sort of detail right 2) he wouldn't be blowing smoke on Warren Kinsella's blog comments section.

So your argument boils down to "Because I say so". Got it.

I'm not saying there's necessarily any truth behind it, just that referring to TPS as the "PD" sounds like a ridiculously easy and/or common thing to do. Discrediting everything else because of that one hugely minor detail seems overly pedantic.

The Somali "community organizer", forgot his name, on CBC's W5 said "organized crime types" tried to buy the video, so the speculation that it's Russian/Italian OC isn't a great leap.

I just presumed they were talking about Ford's goons there, to be honest. They'd fit the description, after all.

I think yesterday was supposed to be the earliest they would be released.

The fact that they haven't been released, and everything we know was used to execute warrants, not details of what was found on said warrants, still keeps me believing there's something big brewing.

I asked JPags about this on the Twitter and she said it was up to Nordheimer when he would make a ruling on the release. So it literally could be any day.

Rob Ford Must Go posted the following questions to the mayor on Twitter. Wouldn't these be effective if put on placards, individually, and paraded in front of news cameras daily, each time RoFo is present? Just putting it out there:

I'd suggest "use" rather than "purchase" illegal drugs - otherwise we know he'll weasel his way out of that by saying "Lisi / whoever gave them to me, I didn't buy them" when evidence arises and he has to do yet another apology.

As much as I want to see Ford get his comeuppance for all the awful ways in which he has abused his position as Mayor of Toronto, the "underage video" is one thing I very sincerely hope is just an echo-chamber rumour... and I see no compelling reason to suspect anything like that ever happened.

I tend to agree with you on this actually. But, the post I was replying to seemed to be disputing the video's existence by saying that TheStar or Gawker would have mentioned it if it did. So I was just trying to point out that the "phantom video" doesn't really have any link to whatever Robyn and John Cooke viewed as part of the original crack story.

The point is not to get him to answer the questions, just to put them out there for all voters to see. There are probably quite a few pro Ford people not hooked into social media who are not aware of the mountain of non-responses from their mayor/hero. This would force them to at least think.

I think you're expecting a bit much from the average RoFo supporter if you expect them to think...

The Dixon Bloods are a gang. That's organized crime, and presumably what was being referred to.

In my experience when people refer to "organized crime", they refer to literal organizations that deal in crime, like mafia types. Legitimate business interests fuelled by the underworld.

While in the strictest of senses, street gangs are 'somewhat-organized' crime, I don't think that's what people mean when they say that.

It's ambiguous.

In my experience when people refer to "organized crime", they refer to literal organizations that deal in crime, like mafia types. Legitimate business interests fuelled by the underworld.

While in the strictest of senses, street gangs are 'somewhat-organized' crime, I don't think that's what people mean when they say that.

It's ambiguous.

I agree, especially considering that the "broker" was working on behalf of a Dixon Blood member.

One further point, the "broker" mentioned "suitcases" of money, I would bet the Dixon Blood are more likely to carry plastic/paper bags of money, ala The Wire.

Last edited:

It's ambiguous.

I work in criminal law - it definitely isn't ambiguous. But I hear what you're saying in terms of what the general public thinks of.

While those questions Rob Ford Must Go posted are important, there's no way in hell Rob Ford is going to answer them. What if he does get charged? His public answers to those questions could be used against him. While we're all very annoyed by his refusal to answer, he is doing the correct legal thing by remaining silent. Do you really think he's going to potentially incriminate himself by telling everyone what was in the envelope? No.

Having him answer the questions is not the point. The point is to remind everyone (esp. Fraud Nation) that there are solid reasons to ask those questions and that RoFoDoFo stonewall instead of answering. I'm willing to bet a lot of Fraud Nation does not know the backstory, since they are blind believers. Having these questions appearing on placards in the background of news clips or photos, or hearing the questions shouted at him often enough might manage to give pause to those Nationals who have an IQ larger than their shoe size. It's worth a try.

But no, no-one thinks he's going to potentially incriminate himself by answering the questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back