235     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 680     10 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 408     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, I didn't say that...I said their behaviour was shitty. But my main point was, again, why take them seriously? What can they possibly do (in reference to a councillor being videotaped)? You brought up their criminal associations and journalists being murdered. They're not mafia, they're not about to have councillors taken out.

Let's pretend for a moment that we don't know anything bad about the Fords. No crime. No links to violent criminals. None of that.

Taking pictures and video of peaceful protesters is still intimidating. Team Ford doesn't have to do anything. The implicit threat is enough. What threat? Doesn't matter! Could just be a private "rogues gallery/enemies list". Could be anything. Doesn't matter.

The people subject to filming/photography by Ford goons in the Council public gallery, at the sit-in and at various public meetings around the City aren't hardcore anarchists: they're grandmothers, students, shopkeepers, office workers, unemployed, disabled, immigrants. Regular people. The bar for intimidation is not that high.

The onus is on the Fords to justify why they are doing this.

Let's pretend for a moment that we don't know anything bad about the Fords. No crime. No links to violent criminals. None of that.

Taking pictures and video of peaceful protesters is still intimidating. Team Ford doesn't have to do anything. The implicit threat is enough. The people in the Council public gallery, at the sit-in and at various public meetings around the City aren't hardcore anarchists: they're grandmothers, students, shopkeepers, office workers, unemployed, disabled, immigrants. Regular people. The bar for intimidation is not that high.

Has anyone come right out and asked them why they are recording people?

I agree that it is, and I wish someone would grill them on this. This is unprofessional, childish behaviour. But I guess it's my personal attitude of "so what?" Goes along with their threats to sue everyone and their ranting about other councillors...none of it actually amounts to anything. And it's city hall, if I were there I'd expect I might be filmed...this isn't Steak Queen. ;)

Has anyone come right out and asked them why they are recording people?

To their faces? Not to my knowledge, but then they don't exactly make a habit of answering questions which aren't about how great they are.

On Twitter? Yep, seen more than one person ask @TOMayorFord. Naive to expect a response, of course, but there it is.

Perhaps I'll ask the Mayor next time I see him in the flesh.

To their faces? Not to my knowledge, but then they don't exactly make a habit of answering questions which aren't about how great they are.

On Twitter? Yep, seen more than one person ask @TOMayorFord. Naive to expect a response, of course, but there it is.

So no reporters then, and as we have seen, no mayoral candidates so far either. Sad.

I agree that it is, and I wish someone would grill them on this. This is unprofessional, childish behaviour. But I guess it's my personal attitude of "so what?" Goes along with their threats to sue everyone and their ranting about other councillors...none of it actually amounts to anything. And it's city hall, if I were there I'd expect I might be filmed...this isn't Steak Queen. ;)

Your personal attitude is [hopefully] quite reasonable [if we assume that the Fords aren't going to actually do anything]. However, not everyone will necessarily find the same quantity of courage that you do in the face of this unprofessional & childish behaviour. I stand by my assertion that the filming/photography is intended to intimidate, and if it works on some of the people, some of the time, then that's probably good enough for Team Ford...

...and it will work on some of the people, some of the time. It's not OK.

PS this isn't just happening at City Hall. Ford's receptionist was taking photos of hecklers on his cellphone at the recent Ryerson debate.

Last edited:
I would love it if one of the targets of their intimidation would respond by holding up a makeshift Ford "mask" in front of their face (a cut-out of that bug-eyed face picture—you know the one), point at the phone, and start repeating, "Hey that thing better not be on!"

Ford staffer on CP24 saying RoFo hurt his back on friday. That's some injury that takes several days to take effect!

Your personal attitude is [hopefully] quite reasonable [if we assume that the Fords aren't going to actually do anything]. However, not everyone will necessarily find the same quantity of courage that you do in the face of this unprofessional & childish behaviour. I stand by my assertion that the filming/photography is intended to intimidate, and if it works on some of the people, some of the time, then that's probably good enough for Team Ford...

...and it will work on some of the people, some of the time. It's not OK.

PS this isn't just happening at City Hall. Ford's receptionist was taking photos of hecklers on his cellphone at the recent Ryerson debate.

I don't disagree that it's intimidating, all I was trying to say is that if people really thought about it, there's really not anything to fear when it comes to the Fords (unless you film them smoking crack...whole other ball of wax). I don't think they're about to start blackmailing councillors and murdering journalists. Maybe we should call RoFo and ask him what's up with that?

Also checking out #topoli for the airport discussion every once in a while and it's rather depressing.

I would love it if one of the targets of their intimidation would respond by holding up a makeshift Ford "mask" in front of their face (a cut-out of that bug-eyed face picture—you know the one), point at the phone, and start repeating, "Hey that thing better not be on!"

THIS NEEDS TO BECOME A THING! I want to see hundreds of people in Nathan Phillips Square all holding up Ford-derp masks. It can be our own V For Vendetta.

It's not like anyone is expecting a response but it's good to get the question out there.

THIS NEEDS TO BECOME A THING! I want to see hundreds of people in Nathan Phillips Square all holding up Ford-derp masks. It can be our own V For Vendetta.

I agree! I'd also love to see people start turning the "Anything Else?" line around on him when he starts rhyming off his "accomplishments"... Like a Dude Where's my Car "And then" kinda thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKNX6dieVcc

Ford staffer on CP24 saying RoFo hurt his back on friday. That's some injury that takes several days to take effect!

There used to be an Employee Health Unit in the basement of the East Tower at City Hall. Don't know if it is still there or not, but if his back is bothering him maybe he should pop in? They may be able to help him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back