415     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 516     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 642     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolton was a principal neo-con architect of the Iraq war, and cold-blooded, conniving neo-cons are much more fearsome than blundering, dunder-headed populist conservatives.

Okay, makes sense.

Re 'puter probs with this site - this thread has been jamming for me for awhile - maybe the size of it (rather than the images)? I've no problem with the threads with photos/renderings.

Wow, he looks like he's about to burst a few blood vessels. He is not healthy!! Do you know when this pic was taken?

I believe it was on the occasion of his third birthday, when he was allowed to drink the whole milkshake hisself without having to share any with big brother Dougie, as long as he didn't spill. Hence the focused expression. And the utensils.

Thoughts on Rob Ford (vol. 2)
by Joseph Heath.

http://induecourse.ca/thoughts-on-rob-ford-vol-2/

Let me just start by observing that I’m not the only person who has impugned Ford’s intellect. I think the best line came from our former mayor Mel Lastman, who said “this guy makes me look like a genius,” before adding, with the characteristic Lastman touch, “and I’m not a genius.”

Ha! Since Bolton is visiting Toronto w/out being arrested as a war criminal, it's funny that this article compares George W. Bush (favourably) to Ford.

Thankfully, I have the restraint to not go all Perez Hilton up in this thread by photoshopping Vic Toews giving Bolton a rusty trombone.

Last edited:
Could Dimitri Soudas have had any connection to RF?
He was just canned as the CPC ED. I know it is related also to the scandal with his finance Eve tying to bully her way into a different nomination ward and getting someone fired.
But I wonder if there is a connection given the timing.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/dim...e-party-executive-director-1.2592198?cmp=fbtl

The Cons are fracturing at the seams, there will be at least two right leaning parties in the next few years federally for sure, maybe even provincially. (think Reform and PC part deux) But the Fords have burned any cred they had with Rob lighting that crack pipe, and and and. They may well still be biggish donators, but that doesn't buy what it used to. Flaherty was their last link to the mainstream, and he's out(ish... look for another push for his wife v. Hudak or whoever right after the next provincial election Hudak doesn't win.)
Soudas is out for two reasons that you mention, both unrelated to Ford... Eve was a 'star' but she wanted to shift to the new riding they already had someone for, and the firing of Wally Butts was the other. He only had the gig for four months, and he burned all his capitol in that time.

trio.jpg

The halcyon days are gone.

tearing.jpg

Attachments

• trio.jpg
    trio.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 427
  • tearing.jpg
    tearing.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 427
The Cons are fracturing at the seams, there will be at least two right leaning parties in the next few years federally for sure, maybe even provincially. (think Reform and PC part deux) But the Fords have burned any cred they had with Rob lighting that crack pipe, and and and. They may well still be biggish donators, but that doesn't buy what it used to. Flaherty was their last link to the mainstream, and he's out(ish... look for another push for his wife v. Hudak or whoever right after the next provincial election Hudak doesn't win.)

Could Reform encompass tea party characteristics? Would Ford be a Reformer? Not really, right? He's definitely not conservative in any way.
It would be great to see a progressive conservative party a la Joe Clark. Not that I vote that way. But it would be great to know again that not all conservative are nut jobs like Ford and Harper.

Could Reform encompass tea party characteristics? Would Ford be a Reformer? Not really, right? He's definitely not conservative in any way.
It would be great to see a progressive conservative party a la Joe Clark. Not that I vote that way. But it would be great to know again that not all conservative are nut jobs like Ford and Harper.

Controversial Toronto Mayor Rob Ford slammed President Obama's signature legislative achievement on Thursday, saying that Obamacare is going to cost the U.S. "a fortune." “I don't believe in all this public-funded health care, because we gotta pay for it,” said the embattled mayor in an interview with 106.7 The Fan, a Washington, D.C.-area sports radio channel

To my mind, Rob is an exemplar Tea Partier. committed to slashing government at the same time he gums it up.

Yea, I suppose Wild Rose may have been a better analog. The little 'L' libertarian, neo-liberal types the tea party types tend to follow against their best interests and something closer to the old school Progressive Conservatives way closer to the center. Although even the PC's in Alberta are split between those that want to keep the PC's PC and those that want to drop the P.

To my mind, Rob is an exemplar Tea Partier. committed to slashing government at the same time he gums it up.

Yep, and he's mono syllabic and speaks in Palinesque soundbites, not a clue in his alky cracked out head.

RF doesn't believe in all this publically funded health care and yet he/his wife have called 911 more than 24 times to have EMS attend to their home for domestic issues .... and he has called 911 to swear and yell at the operators etc.

Just...ugghh. My reaction is quite visceral.

View attachment 24242

Wow. If Sock is that dumb... I seriously had respect for him. I suppose tweeting about listening to a speech by a horrible lying warmonger like Bolton has little direct bearing on municipal issues, but I would never be able to vote for some whose judgement is that poor. Kinda sad to discover this. Given the demographic Bolton appeals to, though, it wouldn't surprise me if this moves the needle on Sock's numbers. The world is a f'd up place.

Thankfully, I have the restraint to not go all Perez Hilton up in this thread by photoshopping Vic Toews giving Bolton a rusty trombone.

Reciprocal moustache rides. Walruses on the down low, huh? I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but what exactly was Toews' underage babysitter doing, and is she off the no-fly list yet?

Last edited:
Bolton? The guy that North Korea called "bloodsucking scum" because he said Kim Jong-Il was a dictator?

I could get behind that. Tell me what Bolton has done wrong and why Soknacki is wrong for listening to him. (I'm not being sarcastic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back