361     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't think of any situation in which the invoices would become public. There certainly won't be any leaks from the law firm, and the only way Ford's bank records will become public knowledge is if he's in court being charged with far worse things than paying his buddy's legal bills.

Well, yeah, but my point is this: The assumption is that Lisi is protecting his "good buddy" (i.e. boss) Ford, correct? If that's true - and I, for one, can very easily believe it - then Ford paying his legal bills is just the merest smidgen of a conflict of interest, wouldn't y'all say? I don't doubt that Fat Boy would simply try to bluster though such an allegation in his usual inimitable style were it to come to light ("What I do with my money is my business!!!"), but there's no way the optics would look good in such a situation. It's corrupt as hell.

What would be amazing is if Rob Ford was paying Lisi's legal bills, and Lisi made a deal with police that fucked over Rob Ford. That would be some grade A theatre.

That would be delightful!

I spent the day downtown in client meetings. Kept listening for sirens, and then the joyous sounds of people revelling in the streets. Alas. :(

reviewed @raedeeton's tweets for today. strikes me as similar to the ringer account the ford campaign set up the last time.

She's following MetroMan on Twitter so either she saw what he said about "something so heinous" and decided to play along or she's had this bit of info but kept it to herself this whole time, saw what MM wrote and figured it was safe for her to share what she knows. That's my guess. I don't think it's another fake "QueensQuayKaren" account.

She's following MetroMan on Twitter so either she saw what he said about "something so heinous" and decided to play along or she's had this bit of info but kept it to herself this whole time, saw what MM wrote and figured it was safe for her to share what she knows. That's my guess. I don't think it's another fake "QueensQuayKaren" account.

I think she's real, and nervous. She's quite right about people who live in in TCHC not wanting to be public.

I think she's real, and nervous. She's quite right about people who live in in TCHC not wanting to be public.

She isn't a ringer, it wouldn't serve any point. Nobody needs to make up crap about Ford, he does it all on his own.

A common misconception in criminal proceedings is that the prosecution has to establish a motive, but this simply isn't true. They just have to prove that the crime was committed, not why. Of course, it does help to convince a judge/jury if they can point to a plausible "why".

True, motive is what differentiates between level of offences, it does not determine whether or not an offence was committed. In most cases, motive matters most in sentencing (from what I've read).

For what it's worth, I was told several months ago by somebody that I believe to be a very credible source in the media that there is a video out there - whether it's in the possession of the media or the police I don't know - depicting Ford with somebody who this person understands to be an underage prostitute.

Also a FWIW and, really, that means zero as far as it goes. But perhaps interesting nonetheless. The following is related with the caveat that none of it in any way represents a personal opinion or an assertion of fact. However, recent discussion here jolted it back to memory. Anyway:

The day of the "Rob Ford Crack Confession", or Hallowe'en (whichever you prefer) my colleague and I were on a westbound subway at rush hour. Everybody was talking about it. As were we. Unprompted, a woman seated kitty-corner to us, a stranger, who had obviously overheard our convo says, "Oh, there's worse than that". So we did the ol' "What, huh?" She went on to relate that, to her understanding, there was an incident at Muzik nightclub, in a backroom (never been there, don't even know if this is a real possibility) involving Mr. Ford and an, um, 'youthful' female person. Further, this incident had been visually recorded. Whether surreptitiously or not was not clear. She - the teller of this tale - was assuredly not a nut, rather a professional young woman who works in social services or some such IIRC. So we listened to her strange and disturbing anecdote as the train clacked until we reached our stop, exchanged pleasantries and disembarked, gobsmacked in a "Did you just hear what I heard" kinda way. Then, on the platform,we dismissed it as outlandish and went on, commenting that, what with the already costumed revelers on the train, "That was kinda surreal. Some woman just told us the Mayor was 'filmed' getting a tugger at a nightclub. WTF?".

Now, this is obviously Heresay of the first order, and thus reported as such. Merely anecdotal second-hand bullshit. If anything, it's posted because it does indicate that wild, speculative rumours are not the sole provenance of this particular thread. They have moved to the realm of unsolicited subway babble. There are reams of 'chatter' (to use a MM term) out there. None of it, obviously, yet proven.

Note to mods: If this violates terms, please don't hesitate to remove it with prejudice.

Again, FWIW Equals Zero.

Also a FWIW and, really, that means zero as far as it goes. But perhaps interesting nonetheless. The following is related with the caveat that none of it in any way represents a personal opinion or an assertion of fact. However, recent discussion here jolted it back to memory. Anyway:

The day of the "Rob Ford Crack Confession", or Hallowe'en (whichever you prefer) my colleague and I were on a westbound subway at rush hour. Everybody was talking about it. As were we. Unprompted, a woman seated kitty-corner to us, a stranger, who had obviously overheard our convo says, "Oh, there's worse than that". So we did the ol' "What, huh?" She went on to relate that, to her understanding, there was an incident at Muzik nightclub, in a backroom (never been there, don't even know if this is a real possibility) involving Mr. Ford and an, um, 'youthful' female person. Further, this incident had been visually recorded. Whether surreptitiously or not was not clear. She - the teller of this tale - was assuredly not a nut, rather a professional young woman who works in social services or some such IIRC. So we listened to her strange and disturbing anecdote as the train clacked until we reached our stop, exchanged pleasantries and disembarked, gobsmacked in a "Did you just hear what I heard" kinda way. Then, on the platform,we dismissed it as outlandish and went on, commenting that, what with the already costumed revelers on the train, "That was kinda surreal. Some woman just told us the Mayor was 'filmed' getting a tugger at a nightclub. WTF?".

Now, this is obviously Heresay of the first order, and thus reported as such. Merely anecdotal second-hand bullshit. If anything, it's posted because it does indicate that wild, speculative rumours are not the sole provenance of this particular thread. They have moved to the realm of unsolicited subway babble. There are reams of 'chatter' (to use a MM term) out there. None of it, obviously, yet proven.

Note to mods: If this violates terms, please don't hesitate to remove it with prejudice.

Again, FWIW Equals Zero.

There are so many people with casual damning references to Ford that I have to believe that some are true. My own is restricted to seeing him at an LCBO (Dundas and Jane) and my son telling me he was at the LCBO in Roncesvalles with his driver, but nothing really "bad".

There are so many people with casual damning references to Ford that I have to believe that some are true. My own is restricted to seeing him at an LCBO (Dundas and Jane) and my son telling me he was at the LCBO in Roncesvalles with his driver, but nothing really "bad".

How long ago was this? Before or after the "come to Jesus" moment?

I think that Deaton (sp?) is on the level. Not that my opinion means anything, just a perception based on cross-referencing some of her personal details.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if she and Robyn Doolittle are talking and putting together a story. I hope they are but if the real story is child abuse all of my glee at seeing Rob Fucking Ford brought to his knees will be totally offset by my devastation at knowing what may have transpired with and to a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back