673     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 596     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 734     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all sounds very believable to me. I think this is going to blow up into something.

I don't think she's attention seeking either, there is definitely something credible about her story. Hopefully Goldsbie is following up her story.

As in, envelopes containing cash?

Maybe someday, somewhere, a script writer will pen the tale of a large family run business that rang non-cash transactions through its coffers in exchange for a cut.

Labels n' Tags?

65814e38f74b1ced8eb22357579240a8.jpg

Attachments

• 65814e38f74b1ced8eb22357579240a8.jpg
    65814e38f74b1ced8eb22357579240a8.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 460
Precisely "what" motivated him does not equate to precisely "who" was the source of whatever that was.

Prosecutors told the judge today that “We do not know precisely what motivated Mr. Lisi" in his attempts to get the crack video.

Another way to read this is that there are several different possible motivations that Lisi may have had and the prosecutors don't know what ultimately caused him to take action. It does not necessarily mean that they don't have anything on Ford. In fact, they do - circumstantial evidence, i.e. multiple contacts between Lisi and Ford (and his assistant) before Lisi took action. This is the whole point of the ITO - the TPS is showing cause to obtain further info, the data from Lisi's phone. Perhaps once the TPS "makes the call" as MM put it, the prosecutors will know "precisely" what motivated Lisi.

Edit: I see now this has been covered in various ways by other members. I'll have to start taking time off work to keep up with this!

Last edited:
Hopefully the latter scenario will be the one that plays out. I did notice in the headline for Donovan's story today reads "Prosecutors still seeking motive." Perhaps it is comforting that it doesn't say, "investigators still seeking motive."

A common misconception in criminal proceedings is that the prosecution has to establish a motive, but this simply isn't true. They just have to prove that the crime was committed, not why. Of course, it does help to convince a judge/jury if they can point to a plausible "why".

A common misconception in criminal proceedings is that the prosecution has to establish a motive, but this simply isn't true. They just have to prove that the crime was committed, not why. Of course, it does help to convince a judge/jury if they can point to a plausible "why".
True

In this case motive seems to be a bit of a code word. It's obvious that Lisi's motive was to do Ford's dirty work. What isn't clear is to what extent (if any) was Ford's involvement. It's plausible to argue in court that Lisi acted on his own selfish interests to extort Ford should he have succeeded in recovering the video.

We know that isn't the truth but it's not impossible.

I'm the one who tweeted "what's worse than crack" at Deeton. She doesn't seem like a nut but she's being kinda cagey. Apparently was doing a documentary on human trafficking and came across some extra Ford info.

It all sounds very believable to me. I think this is going to blow up into something.

For what it's worth, I was told several months ago by somebody that I believe to be a very credible source in the media that there is a video out there - whether it's in the possession of the media or the police I don't know - depicting Ford with somebody who this person understands to be an underage prostitute.

Rumours have floated for a while.

We've had all kinds of thing blow up into something, yet nothing ever sticks. It's weird.

It's the combination of Metroman's "Something so heinous" and then this that makes me think it might blow up soon. Then again, history show's it's best not to get my hopes up.

Warren Kinsella ‏@kinsellawarren
Hearing Toronto detectives are leaking details of Ford probe to the head of John Tory's war room. What does Andy Pringle think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back