4.4K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.9K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is safe to say that he will definitely NOT be re-elected.

The new question is how much of a spectacle will he make of himself on his way out of office?

And the crazy batsh1t continues - Ford voted to kill tree planting in the budget but goes on to tour the Guild and review the ice storm damage...

Never mind the fact that Ford never once breaks from the charade to share any kind of laugh (or any other kind of awareness) with his audience. Never mind the fact that this interpretation doesn't account for a substantial number of details (Randy holding the purse, the birds, that reference to Doug and Rob being called liars and thieves).

"80 year old bird" probably references the soon to be 80 year old Diane Ford...

"80 year old bird" probably references the soon to be 80 year old Diane Ford...

The worst part about this is that "THIS" cover story is the best one he (Rob Ford) could come up with... so it is kind of scary when you assess that there is a very VERY good chance that a judge might rule McIntyres claim to be true.

The worst part about this is that "THIS" cover story is the best one he (Rob Ford) could come up with... so it is kind of scary when you assess that there is a very VERY good chance that a judge might rule McIntyres claim to be true.

If the judge does side with McIntyre, cue an outraged Wormington column about activist judges.

Gavin Tighe is a real lawyer, isn't he? How is he OK bringing forth a claim like this?

If the judge does side with McIntyre, cue an outraged Wormington column about activist judges.

I still wonder what the Province is doing about all this - and what their actions will be. If they counter-sue Rofo this could get very ugly and they could file a complaint with the Police (if they haven't already asked the OPP to investigate).

Would the date be embedded in the vid? Since the Star has a copy..........

No, it definitely would not.

The Star's copy was second-hand:

The Star said:
The Star purchased the video for $5,000 from a source who filmed the video from someone else’s computer screen, and that person was connected to people who were in the room during Ford’s rant, the Star was told.

Last edited:
Could the fact that a police complaint about the assault has not been laid be a potential bargaining chip in contemplation of a settlement? His Worship likely wouldn't relish having his credibility "tested" in court, nor would he look forward to an additional police investigation; theoretically a settlement could be hashed out which involved a confidential amount and no police complaint?

Sure, nobody believes the mayor can actually read. Pointing indirectly to the fact that Doolittle may be brought in to testify in the civil trial.

I doubt it would be necessary to have her at trial if all she did was quote what McIntyre said to her and he confirms it was accurate. I would like to be a fly on the wall if she is involved in the discovery process, though. Watching the non-verbal interplay between her and Rob Ford would be quite interesting.

"To the best of this Defendant's knowledge..." gives the lawyer all the room he requires.

But wouldn't he be embarrassed having his name associated with the Hulk Hogan defense? Wouldn't he push Ford to come up with something better, or perhaps just forgo using an explanation of the circumstances under which the video was recorded? (It's likely obvious by now I have little experience with the law.)

So if I make a video where I threaten to kill someone but I do it in the voice of Elvis Presley while shaking my hips, I'm fine and I can use it as my defense in court? Good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back