264     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 477     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.4K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I said "stop covering him" I chose my words poorly. It's not that I think they should stop following the story, just stop following him, stop huddling around him at City Hall, stop pointing 40 cameras at his head when he hides behind a screen (that was weird).

And I know it won't happen.

Of course it won't happen, and it shouldn't. The moment Rob lied about the video, he set these things in motion. The moment he was found to be lying, gas was thrown on that fire. Finally, for not walking away from his job, he threw away the key to that fire extinguisher. Rob set all of this in motion. You don't then blame the fire, you blame the fire starter. Don't like the media hounding? No one to blame but Rob himself. The world doesn't, and shouldn't stop spinning because Rob can't cohabitate harmoniously.

mcintyrestatementofdefence.jpg

Part of Ford's statement of defence to the lawsuit Scott McIntyre is bringing against him. Apparently that crazy murder rant was just Ford imitating Hulk Hogan, right....................

Attachments

• mcintyrestatementofdefence.jpg
    mcintyrestatementofdefence.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 555
Can anyone tell me if the executive committee stripped more powers from Ford yesterday?
I was reading an article (sorry forgot to bookmark it) but the way the online news organizations order their articles, it could have been older than yesterday. It sounded like a mix of old news and some new stuff but it said that it was an executive city meeting where Rob just kept his head down as they stripped him of more powers.

I feel like most of yesterday was just a dream.
No - there was no further stripping of powers.
Ford lost some votes on his appointed Executive Committee (under normal circumstances this might be surprising, but with Ford it just speaks to the fact no one takes any direction from him anymore).

Just heard from a friend living in Vancouver and thought I would share this story..
A friend of hers ran into Ford while he was in town and Ford gave her his card. My friend, who is originally from Toronto, but has been living in Vancouver for the last few years has been following the Ford story fairly closely. She decided to call him of of curiosity. It went to voicemail, but she didn't leave a message. She just got a voicemail from him saying he was returning her call and if there was anything she needed to give him a call. This was a Vancouver phone number mind you.

Ford has filed a statement of defence in the McIntyre jailhouse beatdown lawsuit. Claims the Murder Rant video was about Hulk Hogan and that he has no knowledge of who shot it. Should be an interesting discovery if this thing goes anywhere.

ETA: Seems others got there first.

I can believe it was an imitation of a pro-wrestler in advanced of his arm wrestling 'match' against Hulk Hogan.
I think a good question to ask is: was he drunk, high, or using some other substance when it was recorded?

I can believe it was an imitation of a pro-wrestler in advanced of his arm wrestling 'match' against Hulk Hogan.
I think a good question to ask is: was he drunk, high, or using some other substance when it was recorded?

I assume that EVERYTHING he says is a lie. I also assume he is either drunk or high at all times.

this is a good explanation (as far as his case goes). if it was well before the arm wrestling match, it's plausible that it was "being contemplated" as a charity wrestling match (that then became a non-charity arm wrestling match). Pro wrestlers do act silly when hyping up those matches of theirs. I used to watch WWF back in the 80s as a kid. :p Well, they didn't get that murderous back then or swear, but I don't know what it turned to after I grew up and stopped watching.

It doesn't explain him mentioning his brothers (though he could be inventing some "insult" his opponent threw at his family as part of the fight hype). He seems to suggest the video was made after the jailhouse beating, but he doesn't say exactly when, does he?

View attachment 24022

Part of Ford's statement of defence to the lawsuit Scott McIntyre is bringing against him. Apparently that crazy murder rant was just Ford imitating Hulk Hogan, right....................

"To the best of this Defendant's knowledge..."

That's the ultimate "drunken stupor" defence to get around perjury: "It happened a few months ago and so it had nothing to do with the guy I ordered to have beaten in jail the year before, but I was so drunk and high that I can't really say for sure."

I spoke with Paymans family months ago. Ford is lying. And he's on crack in vid.

What did Payman's family say was the context of the rant, Jimmi? Please forgive me if I'm making you repeat yourself - getting forgetful in my advanced years :p

this is a good explanation (as far as his case goes). if it was well before the arm wrestling match, it's plausible that it was "being contemplated" as a charity wrestling match (that then became a non-charity arm wrestling match). Pro wrestlers do act silly when hyping up those matches of theirs. I used to watch WWF back in the 80s as a kid. :p Well, they didn't get that murderous back then or swear, but I don't know what it turned to after I grew up and stopped watching.

It doesn't explain him mentioning his brothers (though he could be inventing some "insult" his opponent threw at his family as part of the fight hype). He seems to suggest the video was made after the jailhouse beating, but he doesn't say exactly when, does he?

It also doesn't explain many other things he was ranting about. I just rewatched the vid. I will have to really bend over backwards and ignore all the inconsistencies contained in the vid to buy his version of events. Given his track record, I'm not inclined to do so. The vid was about something else, definitely not arm wrestling Hulk.

Also, note the bit in the last part of the paragraph prior to the "jocular" b.s. - that, in effect, the Star sold information to make money. NO SHIT, SHERLOCK. IT'S A MEDIA OUTLET.

What an evil lying nincompoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back