News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.8K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 661     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever happened to George Rust D'Eye?
"Rust-D’Eye was retained Wednesday evening to provide advice on municipal law to Ford’s personal lawyer, Dennis Morris." “The question is whether, in adopting those two decisions or potentially (another on Monday) it would have the effect of infringing the mayor’s powers under statute,” said Rust-D’Eye. “The mayor has specific statutory responsibilities under the City of Toronto Act and the council can’t take those away, either directly or indirectly.” He was there specifically for the reduction in Ford's powers.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha..._ontario_municipal_law_for_council_fight.html

Another statement coming soon? Or is he doing another bit for Kimmel?

AshleyroweCTV 1:01pm via Twitter for iPhone
A makeup and camera crew just walked into Mayor Ford's office.

Another statement coming soon? Or is he doing another bit for Kimmel?

AshleyroweCTV 1:01pm via Twitter for iPhone
A makeup and camera crew just walked into Mayor Ford's office.

Maybe he's announcing a leave of absence. If goes to rehab now he's gone for the campaign silly season, only to emerge clean/sober/ready to pick things up at the end of summer.

The worst part is these idiots going on about how suspicious the timing is, as if everyone wouldn't want EVERYTHING released today.
I guess that means Nordheimer and the people who schedule court dates are in on this too. That's the last Warmington link I click. From now on the UT rule should be that the first person to read him should post some quotes or summaries so the rest of us don't give the Sun free web hits. That's reasonable, right?

And for the people falling behind: the LeDrew thing was much ado about nothing. The lawyer clarified the part LeDrew had read was NOT under the ban.

Yes, sorry I made you click! Wasn't sure how how I could place both the picture and caption in here. As for the article by JW, here's my summary for everyone so they don't need to go:
- RF: the ITO release is a conspiracy. John Tory is in on it/maybe masterminded the release date to coincide with his campaign.
- RF: the real people are tired of it
- RF: council are a box of snakes

Also of note: Rob Ford was "whispering" all this behind a screen, during a meeting, according to JW.

I think he was brought in to deal with the council stuff...which, as all Ford threats, just went away after a bit of bluster. Hotmail Lawyer is the best criminal lawyer in the universe! Why does a mayor need that?

Yes, Rust D'Eye's tenure is just part of yet another in the long line of threatened legal actions ("You've invaded Kuwait!!") that never came to pass. Kind of a common thing with bullies, really.

And there is no way Ford is taking a leave of absence at this point. That opportunity sailed in May and he does not have the personality makeup to do differently now. He will be arrested, get out on bail and keep running until he loses, hugely, in October. Then he'll hopefully disappear and hopefully not hit rock bottom and die in a ditch.

The worst part is these idiots going on about how suspicious the timing is, as if everyone wouldn't want EVERYTHING released today.
I guess that means Nordheimer and the people who schedule court dates are in on this too. That's the last Warmington link I click. From now on the UT rule should be that the first person to read him should post some quotes or summaries so the rest of us don't give the Sun free web hits. That's reasonable, right?

And for the people falling behind: the LeDrew thing was much ado about nothing. The lawyer clarified the part LeDrew had read was NOT under the ban.

I must have missed the lawyer clarification. Link please?

I thought what LeDrew read out was significant because it is the first time we know that the police is pursuing this angle. It would seem a no brainer and we have speculated on this at great length here but AFAIK this is the first solid indication that the police think so too.

It's time to mobilize the full-blown conspiracy talk, folks.

JProskowGlobal 1:22pm via TweetDeck
Mayor Ford thinks its "funny" these court documents came out during the middle of an election campaign.

Natalie Alcoba ‏@nataliealcoba 4m
Police say Elena Basso, Liban Siyad and Mohamed Siad present during recording of crack video.

Natalie Alcoba ‏@nataliealcoba 3m
Police document reveals seldom mentioned Basso brother, Enzo, has worked at Deco Labels & Tags for past 8 to 10 years.

And the Basso household is where the Fords are paying the hydro bill?

I thought what LeDrew read out was significant because it is the first time we know that the police is pursuing this angle. It would seem a no brainer and we have speculated on this at great length here but AFAIK this is the first solid indication that the police think so too.

But what exactly did Ledrew read out that indicates that? The transcript was posted here earlier. To me it just says Lisi made a threatening call - I don't see where it links Ford to that (unless I'm missing something)

LeDrew: "Looking at page 471, and this is to do with Lisi, this is the mayor's friend and sometime driver, he met Lisi on um, an hour before the Steak Queen incident when the mayor was completely on something and speaking in patois and apologized later, but he met his drug dealer an hour before then, and uh, just as this is about, uh, the accused placed several threatening and extorting phone calls to individuals he felt may be in possession of the video"

Jacobsen: "That's not to be made public"

LeDrew: "Well that one is, owned by, uh sorry, so uh, it's uh, we didn't have that one out, what about the line following it?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back