1.1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 573     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 876     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford is back to plugging his website and, laughably, is back to how he saved $1 billion, when he said it was $800M in the first segment. Then he tried his "maybe you're perfect" shtick on Kimmel and Kimmel brushed him off. That was nice. It wasn't the sort of rock-bottom performance I hoped for but it certainly laid his shameless self bare for all to see.

Thanks to my friends at the SomethingAwful forums, we have managed to create a very compelling campaign website.

http://www.robfordformermayor.com

Further design and content is incoming.
LOL! ;)

Ford is back to plugging his website and, laughably, is back to how he saved $1 billion, when he said it was $800M in the first segment. Then he tried his "maybe you're perfect" shtick on Kimmel and Kimmel brushed him off. That was nice. It wasn't the sort of rock-bottom performance I hoped for but it certainly laid his shameless self bare for all to see.

which is currently not working.

Ford always comes off as a bit of a likeable moron. This won't affect his popularity positively or negatively.

He did not come off as likeable. More than one politician has come undone by committing the cardinal sin of being bad on tv. This was way beyond that. He was choking on his words and stuttering, laughing inappropriately---there's no way this appearance is winning him any fans.

He did not come off as likeable. More than one politician has come undone by committing the cardinal sin of being bad on tv. This was way beyond that. He was choking on his words and stuttering, laughing inappropriately---there's no way this appearance is winning him any fans.

There was nothing likeable about him tonight. He had to laugh because he was on a big time tv show and he had no escape. This isn't Toronto where he can escape to an elevator or through a back door, he was stuck there for better or worse. And worse is what it was.

I don't know, a lot of people are feeling sorry for him. (Probably the same ones who were supporting him before, but still.)

Kimmel's smile is like "my god you idiot how are you laughing at this?"

Why the hell is Ford referring to the LA audience as "you taxpayers" and talking about "the TTC"? Does he realize he flew, what, 3000km? To a different country?

He seems like a total rube who's never been outside his small town, and thinks everyone around the world knows where his local Dairy Queen and hardware store are located. I was always pretty convinced the man was slightly mentally challenged, but I'm seriously considering removing the "slightly". This is a guy with a pronounced learning disability.

As he was rattling off his bogus budget numbers, notice how he attempted (not for the first time) to tack on a claimed $240 million VRT tax cut to his x-hundred-million dollar "savings" figure.

Um, a revenue cut is the exact opposite of a spending cut. The VRT elimination totally nullifies $240 million of the savings he wants to take credit for. Wipes it out. Subtracts it. Does he not get this?

And he was a decision-maker at a big company like Deco?

Maybe he and Dougie know full well this claim makes no sense, but keep repeating it just because hey, they've gotten away with it so far.

I don't know, a lot of people are feeling sorry for him. (Probably the same ones who were supporting him before, but still.)

Yeah, if you can stomach it, check out the I Hate The War on Rob Ford FB page; full of "He nailed it!" "He was great!" "We love you, Rob!", etc..

It's...unfathomable.

There is definitely something not right with him. Also I'm not sure how a multimillionaire can't afford to fix his teeth... hey, it's late night in America, you're allowed to criticize appearance.

Anyhow I'm hoping for suggestions on where to take http://www.robfordformermayor.com. I want to turn it into a full campaign site for a mermayor with copy and policy and everything. I feel like I may get into a little hot water if I actually copy the design of his website and use his phone number though. Bit of thinking to be done, lucky long election cycle...

Yeah, if you can stomach it, check out the I Hate The War on Rob Ford FB page; full of "He nailed it!" "He was great!" "We love you, Rob!", etc..

It's...unfathomable.

Oooh, I was going to check but thought I'd better not get my blood boiling before bedtime. Thanks for the warning!

He didn't do as terrible as I thought, but he was not likeable at all. And he went over-board on the campaigning -- this was not the place and time. Doug is doing a terrible job as his campaign manager for putting him on Kimmel without being prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back