449     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 9.5K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my God, I bet Kimmel's going to have him interviewing celebrities on the red carpet. This should be---is there a word for the combination of fascinating and disgusting? Disgastinating?

I'll take June 12. It's graduation day, so I'm sure something distracting will happen. I won't be upset if something happens before that though.

can you imagine being one of his staffers, heading into some high-stress situations for the mayor, in front of one of the highest concentrations of media in a calendar year? surely some of the papparazzi are going to try and get photographs of ford doing something embarassing - but given that there's all sorts of depictions of him with stains on his shirt, barely open eyes, completely flushed and sweaty - wouldn't they be trying for something even more outrageous? won't the editors for gossip rags that buy up these photos want something that will entice more eyeballs and clicks? more than just the sleazy but not quite criminal photographs of him already? i'd be sweating it, i'll bet doug has promised them terrible things if they let him out of their sight for even a moment.

and the flip side is dollars to doughnuts, he stays sober and in control and relatively gaffe-free, and comes back and uses my above logic to say "see? if even the most bloodthirsty american media couldn't find anything on me, then what does that say about the toronto star?"

basically, not only is this a campaign tool - fuck this is a lot of free press - but it's also a fun little trip. must be nice to be able to combine business with pleasure like that.

I'm also curious about what "attend" means.

On the other hand, if I was him, perhaps with just the barest sliver of self-awareness, I might appreciate that the mayoral ship is going down and so why the heck not go the Paris Hilton route; go on a talk show to get laughed at, take a freebie pass to the Oscars with Doug and Randy (!), live it up, you know? The 15 minutes are ticking by fast so might as well enjoy, right?

Bingo!

By "attend" the Oscars does he mean walk up to the entrance and get turned away by security because he's not invited?

The venue only sits like 3000 so I can't imagine there's any way in hell he's getting a seat unless some pretty important people pull some strings. Maybe he's invited to one of the after parties, probably doesn't even realize he's part of the entertainment.

Don't they sometimes need "seat fillers" ? Talk about a 2-for1-1 deal (yes, I made a Rob Ford fat joke; sue me).

I remember three blond thug brothers in Punch-Drunk Love but IMDB says four. Thought maybe Rob, Doug and Randy were going to the Oscars to appear in the Mattress Man segment of a special dance tribute to Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Look at Doug being creepy (I'm assuming that's him. He looks like he's doing a bump):
1907579_10152322639029636_1469359957_n.jpg

Nothing says "poor as a church mouse" like sitting in first class.

Nice catch on the hilariously creepy Doug Ford photobomb.

this thread is gonna become "selfie central" this weekend; we'll be at page 4000 (except for Johnny Au & his 40-post page) in no time.
(Technically they're not 'selfies' if someone else took the photo, but whatever)

Let them sell t-shirts, bobbleheads, crack pipes, it won't make any difference. They won't make much money, and it just shows how desperate they have become.

Or, Doug's girls starring in some "Sexy Slumber Party" thing, where the pathetic pervs can pay for VIP membership, etc

I'm sure Kimmel and or Ford himself bankrolled the trip. Still, this is coming from a man who would frequently rip city councillors for taking trips to Federation of Canadian Municipalities conferences in Winnipeg and claim that they are wining and dining on taxpayers dimes. As opposed to, you know, attending workshops in a musty hotel conference centre and being away from their families.

I would love for Tory or Stintz to say in a debate that he is more interested in his own career than the interests of the city, that he is too busy schmoozing with the Kardashians than helping the TCH tenants he claims to have on speed-dial.

Wishful thinking at the oscars... Kimmel gets him into a Vera Wang ball gown, plasters him with mascara and has him sit in the nosebleed section. Watch as the gown and the face melt in a tsunami of sweat.

And a very tight close-up on Rob, melting from the lights, as Philip Seymour Hoffman is memorialized. The death of shame, is right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back