4.1K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 666     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been suggested to me that we may see charges sooner rather than later because the TPS is rushing to wrap up this case before the crown is forced to reveal the content of the Project Traveller warrants -- which would compromise an ongoing investigation. As speculated, the recent leaks and confirmation that the police are indeed investigating Rob Ford suggest that they got what they want and are less concerned about Ford covering up his tracks with the knowledge that the cops are on his tail. Rob Ford and several high profile Torontonians are going to have a shitty Christmas this year.

The last sentence is especially relevant.

edit: for context, this post was from a couple months ago.

Last edited:
someone asked upthread why there was no Lisi stuff in these wiretaps. Am I correct the stuff coming out today is from Traveler and not Brazen? So, if Lisi called people who were tapped, he would be there but HIS phone wasn't tapped until Brazen 2 kicked off.

Off Twitter, from John Lancaster:
Thousands of calls intercepted by police. Some in English, some in Somali.#TOpoli #sl

In all 59 people were wiretapped as part of police probe into #ProjectTraveller and Sandro Lisi.#TOpoli #sl

someone asked upthread why there was no Lisi stuff in these wiretaps. Am I correct the stuff coming out today is from Traveler and not Brazen? So, if Lisi called people who were tapped, he would be there but HIS phone wasn't tapped until Brazen 2 kicked off.

Thousands of calls intercepted by police. Some in English, some in Somali.#TOpoli #sl

In all 59 people were wiretapped as part of police probe into #ProjectTraveller and Sandro Lisi.#TOpoli #sl

Only Traveller, today.

ahhh, ok. I thought today was Brazen 2, not Traveler. This makes sense then, because I don't think Lisi was tapped until after Traveler.

MM:

Do you any idea what Ford will be charged with?

I know extortion and obstruction of justice have been thrown out there. Anything else?

MM:

Do you any idea what Ford will be charged with?

I know extortion and obstruction of justice have been thrown out there. Anything else?

I think that MM post that was quoted a page back was originally from before the Lisi ITO became public, so I don't think it is relevant to today's news.

Getting excited too! does anyone know if the wiretaps will come out tonight?

Tamara Cherry ‏@tamaracherry 1h

What was released from Lisi ITO today was just a few sentences in pages of blacked-out portions of document because all lawyers agreed

Sounds like maybe that's all for today.

Just got a Forum Research call that lasted 12 minutes.They asked about the various combinations of candidates for next year, and whether or not Rob should resign. They even asked if I would vote for Rob for Prime Minister.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back