153     0 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 290     0 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 352     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we're not alone. Warren Kinsella is quoting a new Ipsos Reid poll this morning at his site. If accurate, it's proof that the vast majority of the city want to be rid of our imbecile sociopath of a Mayor:

My favourite part of the ipsos read poll is the below:

His approval ratings are highest among those without a (high) school diploma (69%)

Disclosure: I added the word "high" because I'm almost positive it's a typo.

But what it shows is that the majority of people who think it was a good idea to drop out of high school, also think it's a good idea for Rob Ford to be mayor.

Well that escalated quickly.

edit:

#Ford and brother Doug just left council chambers, Doug is fuming. People shouting "shame" By Jennifer Tryon via twitter

Last edited:
It seems ford nation uses articles and opinion pieces such as this one from the National Post to argue that Rob Ford has done a good job at running the city.

Is there an article out there that impartially analyzes Ford's performance and concludes that he has, beyond a shadow of a doubt, been a disaster in terms of governance? I'm not talking opinion, but cold hard numbers to show what he has and hasn't done?

There are loads. For starters, here's one from the NP's Chris Selley, which I believe ran next to TC's in a point-counterpoint format in the print edition of the paper.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/1...ssential-about-rob-fords-tepid-fiscal-record/

Daniel Dale has a recent piece in the Star, as does David Olive. Ed Keenan and Matt Elliot have done good pieces as well.

Ford won't apologize. DMW says Ford was threatening in his manner, Ford says he didn't threaten so he has nothing to apologize for and that DMW was wrong because he wasn't in his seat at the time (of course, neither was Ford)

Some of those like Vaughan, Perks and Davis have lofty ideals and inflated ideas of their own roles. Perhaps Ford's words once he speaks and stupid playground bully actions like staring down Minnan-Wong will show them what they're dealing with and get them down off their perches.

so embarrassing
facepalm.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back