News   Jun 28, 2024
 284     0 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 347     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 11m
Mayor Rob Ford having some sort of smoothie or protein shake #TOpoli pic.twitter.com/LZh7M9vik8

The ridiculous posturing going on by both Fords today (the "see? I've changed! I'm fit!" jogging around, the stupid dolls, the bragging) just makes me feel angry, sad for my city, and hopeless right now ... shameful and frankly insulting behaviour proving that they both have learned absolutely NOTHING, and that nobody on council (other than Mr. Minnan-Wong) or mainstream media have the balls to confront them. Rob Ford is trash and a disgrace. I'd take a feces-flinging monkey in the mayor's seat over him right now.

HAPPENING NOW!

The infamous crack video is being viewed by a judge in a courtroom dowtown

Natalie Alcoba ‏@nataliealcoba 46s
Justice Nordheimer has agreed to view the alleged crack video, as per the request of Mohammad Khattak's lawyers. That's happening now.

john lancaster ‏@jlancasterCBC 2m
It appears the #MayorFord crack video is just a 90 second clip from longer video (or second video) now in police possession. #TOpoli #sl

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 4m
Justice Ian Nordheimer is now about to watch the Ford video. Police officer brought it on password-protected encrypted flash drive.

austin delaney ‏@AustinCTV 5m
Judge viewing ford video @CTVToronto. Will decide if he will give it to lawyers. 90 seconds

Last edited:
It was a pretty good piece on CNN. They interviewed George Smitherman!
And went up to Jane and Finch to show the Somalian community.

I thought the Somalian community was on Dixon road. I haven't heard anything about Jane and Finch since this whole crack thing started.

Just a reminder the big protest is tomorrow. 12 noon. If you're embarrassed about Torontonians lining up to get a doll signed by a giant opportunistic liar, help make up te numbers at City Hall tomorrow.

savetoronto.ca

Its not just the police and the media doing surveillance. From up north, a report was filed after discovery that Rob Ford says he'll be marching in the Toronto Santa Claus parade:

Rob, you have been a naughty boy. Your name is definitely on Santa's naughty list. Yes, it has been checked twice. That means you will see a lump of coal in your Christmas stocking.

he may try to smoke that lump of coal :p

Just a reminder the big protest is tomorrow. 12 noon. If you're embarrassed about Torontonians lining up to get a doll signed by a giant opportunistic liar, help make up te numbers at City Hall tomorrow.

savetoronto.ca
Yes, it is a good way to not feel helpless anymore. Political engagement is absolutely necessary for this farce to end. Not only do we have to be active, we have to be SEEN to be engaged.

Here's what I'm hoping will happen at tomorrow's council meeting. Rather than the "bloodbath" or "public flogging" that Dougie Jr. is so obviously hoping for, or long-winded political grandstanding, I'd rather see the councillors calmly ask the mayor a series of short, pointed, lawyerly, Tom Mulcair-esque questions:

"Mr. Mayor, how much cash have you accepted from your friend Sandro Lisi, via those envelope drop-offs that were depicted in the media?"

"Mr. Mayor, did you ever grant any favours to associates of your friend Sandro Lisi in exchange for money?"

"Mr. Mayor, when did you first learn about the death of Anthony Smith?"

"Mr. Mayor, did you participate in an secret effort to obtain material that you knew would be of interest to police as possible evidence in a criminal investigation?"

And so on.

It doesn't matter that he'll just retreat to his phony defense of hey, I can't comment on something that's "before the courts." Whatever. Liar's gonna lie. The councillors should just repeat the names Sandro Lisi, Anthony Smith, Hanad Hussein, etc. and repeat the words "bribes," "obstruction of justice," "cover-up" etc., as many ways as possible during their questioning. Avoid references to drugs/drinking; concentrate on the rest of the dirty business. Get it out there. Get it mentioned in the media. Let him squirm. After nine or ten questions like the above, steam should start coming out of his and Dougie Jr.'s ears.

Jonathan Goldsbie ‏@goldsbie 6m
Lawyer Daniel Brown now saying that the 90-second video is the *longer* of the two retrieved files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back