2.6K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.8K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 661     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This scandal certainly isn't close to blowing over. Council is meeting on Wed, videos can be released on Thursday and who knows what else. Things are just getting started.

a video of rob ford smoking crack? ya wow breaking news; we already know he does

unless ford gets arrested / charged, there won't be any change. And if Ford wasn't arrested by now, he won't be arrested. So ya, pretty much done in my eyes.

this thread has jumped the shark. it's gone overboard

starting to blow over...

This thread will continue on well after the latest group of consipracies are long defunct; at the very least until the end of the Ford era. I recall seeing it spiral out a number of times, but when the smoke clears it gets right back on track.

I've seen many brilliant analyses of the political climate in Toronto and many new and long term members of this community often have remarkable information that is not well known to the wider public.

At some points I wish it was not listed on Google for anyone to find... and at other times I selfishly hope the police are reading along and taking note.

Some of the speculation comes from the fact that information is being released in small packages days apart. Its human nature to try and figure out what is at the bottom of the quagmire. If the police had come out right away and released all three videos, there would not be as much speculation.

I'm trying to find out more about the interaction between Ford and Harper at the event in Etobicoke they both attended tonight. Not much on Twitter...anyone have info?

I'm trying to find out more about the interaction between Ford and Harper at the event in Etobicoke they both attended tonight. Not much on Twitter...anyone have info?

I wonder if Ford went in for the handshake if Harper would jump back and turn away… would be a super awkward move, but necessary to avoid the devastation of a Harper-Ford friendly pic while this crack thing is raging.

a video of rob ford smoking crack? ya wow breaking news; we already know he does

unless ford gets arrested / charged, there won't be any change. And if Ford wasn't arrested by now, he won't be arrested. So ya, pretty much done in my eyes.

I think you're really underestimating the impact that the video will have. Especially among his supporters which still seem to be in denial about the whole thing.

But you're right, the crack video is a relatively small deal. The real bombshell will likely be whenever the wiretaps are released. Who knows that they'll reveal about the mayor's criminal connections.

Nobody who's actually been following everything closely would say that.

I think you're really underestimating the impact that the video will have. Especially among his supporters which still seem to be in denial about the whole thing.

But you're right, the crack video is a relatively small deal. The real bombshell will likely be whenever the wiretaps are released. Who knows that they'll reveal about the mayor's criminal connections.

I feel that the video's impact has lessened because Ford Nation has moved the goalposts to "who cares what he does in his spare time? He saves me money!" Something serious needs to drop.

Got into a Facebook fight with a friend of a friend (total Ford apologist) tonight. I feel dirty. But wow...totally tried to rationalize his behaviour, believed his mother's claim that his biggest problem is his weight, denied all my arguments that could easily be proven if he took 2 minutes to Google etc. It was actually bizarre.

I also have a friend at work who feels sorry for him. I don't get it! He's created all his own problems.

Yeah, this guy was all about the addiction/"why don't we feel sorry for him" angle...I was all about the lying/constant denial, consorting with criminals hypocrisy, numerous articles dispelling his claims, police involvement etc. He wasn't hearing any of it. What happened to personal responsibility? I really don't get it. This narrative really needs to change NOW.

In the case of my friend, she is a much bigger drinker than I am so maybe she relates more to a drinker. I am a bit of a tea totaller. I do have an alcoholic
brother so I know how bad it gets.

To help catch people up, Kathy's ex-boyfriend Scott MacIntyre has turbulent past as it relates to the Ford family. He was involved in the incident when Kathy was accidentaly shot in 2005 He seems to have been unfairly ostracized by the Ford family after their breakup and ensuing police incident. He was also the victim in the ' 2012 jailhouse beating for being a bother to Rob Ford' story that has been recently making the rounds.

Apart from the small possession charges he has faced, there is a more nefarious 50lb hash charge from 1999. He 'may' have worked at Deco from 1999 onwards, as this online resume shows a man by the same name who held a shipper/receiver position at "anything goes ltd." (doesn't seem to exist). Kathy Ford is listed as the reference conatct, and Kathy worked at Deco.

Randy Ford runs Deco while Rob and Doug are occupied with whatever it is they do. Randy seems to have abandoned his past being allegedly involved "involved in the drug trade".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back