456     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 477     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 485     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that stepping down somehow implies an end to Ford's "fiscal agenda", where as stepping aside implies that the successor will continue to pursue Ford's "fiscal agenda".

Given what I've seen during Ford's tenure I have no idea how these people think they're actually saving anybody money. They basically shuffled the budget around, made it appear better, and push their billion dollar savings propaganda. The propaganda is so effective that someone told me today that outside of Ford's personal problems, he's done good for Toronto, by saving us twelve billion dollars. How uniformed can you get?

That's what scares me the most. Despite OVERWHELMING evidence to the contrary, because these people (and I'm totally okay categorizing them in that fashion) don't really read the news beyond what they want to hear, they'll keep on spreading this myth.

Well, he pretty much closed the government (if not the city down) and reduced productivity to zero...I am sure there is quite a bit of savings there - though I have a feeling that his crack bill might be getting to the billion range as well.

AoD

One thing I don't quite understand: how does Rob staying in power benefit Doug?

Doug thinks they can tough it out, it will go away, Rob will win re-election, and he will be politically rehabilitated.

You have to remember he thinks like a gangster, not a politician. In Doug's head, this is an episode of the Sopranos and they have gone to the mattresses. I'm not even kidding.

I read your comment. Then I clicked on the link. Then I spat pear cider all over my wall. Hahahaaaaa......aaah, good times.

Every once in awhile I get a spit take out of somebody. You're welcome, total stranger! ;)

Hey, Alvin O'Di, you coming to the rally next week? I'm deffo bringing a pitchfork, you want I should bring one for you as well?

Unfortunately no, I have to take my mother to a medical appointment and a pitchfork wouldn't mix with that. Trust me, would have taken your offer on that score.

AoD

Mtown:

Thanks - it's been a slow burn so my fuse has been particularly short lately - my tolerance for BS is at pretty much an all time low.

AoD

OT: Was Renata born in Canada? We've all seen that picture of Renata with that babushka headgear that someone posted yesterday. I think I read somewhere that she met Rob in high school, is this true? She's so mysterious and nobody seems to know the slightest about her.

Has even one used the word "resign" rather than "leave of absence" or similar?

Yeah a bunch of said resign. Matlow has been saying resign ever since the Blair did his presser. It's mostly his executive and other allies that are pushing this "timeout" thing.

I'm expecting more to come out tomorrow involving the VICE hacker piece. @ManuvSteele dropped some nice big hints for us today, pretty much confirming he was their source. Be prepared for more details to come out through one of the Toronto papers.

And with that in mind, does anyone know who exactly who this guy is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back