News   Jul 17, 2024
 503     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think DS is bullshitting, fwiw.

He posted this pic the day he VICE story broke. I can only make out some of the text, but they appear to be emails.

BYWSGQSCYAADkXl.jpg:large

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. There is not a lot to establish the credibility of this story. While the timeline matches perfectly and this totally seems like the type of thing that was likely happening behind the scenes, without the hacker's identity known, there is always the possibility that this is fabrication. If this is real then WOW.

Let's see if the Star has anything. Any comments on this MetroMan?

I seriously doubt Vice fabricated the story. Vice does some really interesting pieces. Plus, they have zero motivation to fabricate a story like this.

The bizarre b.s. line that Robbie was so out of it that he doesn't remember when he might have smoked crack—the drunken stupor thing

As if Rob Ford would admit to any wrong doing...especially wrong doing he has no memory of. As we already know, his instinct is to lie.

So why would he call a press conference with the expressed purpose of telling the media he has smoked crack, and then speculate as to when this incident may have happened because he doesn't recall it (also giving the impression it was a one time thing). I guess we are supposed to believe that the notorious lier is publicly admitting to crack use based on second hand information?

And then ask and answer his own question (Am I an addict? NO), as if that tempers the issue. And then actually let himself off the hook with the media on some technicality that the media never asked the question correctly (a lie easily refuted by simply playing back video of the media asking him that very question). The absolute gall !!!!

He is such a pathological lier, that even when he is telling the truth....he's still lying.

He is such a pathological lier, that even when he is telling the truth....he's still lying.

Robbie and Dougie must think they're master media manipulators. They don't need to take advice from their staff, or communications professionals. Haven't they noticed that their ham-fisted, panicked, reactive approach has made them look worse and worse at every turn?

Not that I'm complaining.

I seriously doubt Vice fabricated the story. Vice does some really interesting pieces. Plus, they have zero motivation to fabricate a story like this.

I agree that Vice fabricating a story isn't really plausible. What's entirely plausible is that someone decided to fabricate a bunch of emails and pretend to be The Hacker, then approaches a publication like Vice.

Would Massoudi really sort out every detail of this incredibly dubious transaction via email? Come on. I wouldn't put anything past Ford, but Massoudi, despite the fact he works for Ford, should at least possess some degree of basic intelligence and common sense.

I agree that Vice fabricating a story isn't really plausible. What's entirely plausible is that someone decided to fabricate a bunch of emails and pretend to be The Hacker, then approaches a publication like Vice.

Would Massoudi really sort out every detail of this incredibly dubious transaction via email? Come on. I wouldn't put anything past Ford, but Massoudi, despite the fact he works for Ford, should at least possess some degree of basic intelligence and common sense.

And not just any email, but City of Toronto email - he can't plausibly be that stupid (then again, he might have thought at the time that things would never get this bad). At this point, the VICE case truly needs far better evidence.

AoD

Besides, unless you are talking about someone really minor (and shudders at the implication of that scenario), you really can't tell someone's age that well in a video necessarily.

AoD

Yes, so using terms like "unthinkable" and "disturbing" had my mind racing but the logic would be *shudders to think* if it was that obviously young that police would have acted. They would have no choice but to.

For what it's worth, both Towhey and Massoudi are flat out denying the Vice piece. Yahoo! could probably confirm or deny this whole story very quickly, although I don't know what it would take for them to do that. Also if I recall correctly the emails from the city that were turned over were missing a few pages; although given Massoudi was working for Doug at the time, I don't know if those were the same emails?

I can just make out the words "big guy." Fifth line down, two in from the right.

BYWSGQSCYAADkXl.jpg

I did some sharpening on the image and you can read a little bit of the type.

[Email headers]

Yes I’ve been following … WTF happend with him? is big guy gonna
make a statment … or what?
… who knows a lot about password … & things. I’ll give
you a shout …
… how much of this do the guys know? I’m not trying to get
.. or hiding evidence or some shit
This is some … shit

… We’re gonna have to talk soon. Hope

I can’t read the rest. But the content matches up with vice article and doesn’t seem to directly quote anything that already printed.

Attachments

• BYWSGQSCYAADkXl.jpg
    BYWSGQSCYAADkXl.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 591
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back