1.1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 699     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 316     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "it was about weed" part might be referring to the previous phone-for-weed transaction involving the mayor's lost cell phone.

Here's a theory: What if the mayor lost his cell phone the same night the crack video was shot? The timeline somewhat matches up, and it's possible that's where they came across the second video, since the Goonies were in posession of BOTH videos and likely didn't actually film both videos based on their prospective content. Could it be that Anthony Smith's murder was about more than just the crack video? I'm alluding to the fact that the other video might have been on Rob's lost phone.

The cell phone was lost end of March wasn't it? The video was definitely shot before Anthony Smith was murdered. I'm not sure the timeline of when the video was shot adds up, but your theory about the same people getting a hold of the phone could very well be true, especially if they hung out often.

Thanks to "zang" for an excellent post #27422.

The print edition of the SUN has a photo of protesters at NPS, nothing says thoughtful dissent like Guy Fawkes masks and camouflage pants.

And I thought that Mel Lastman was bad. Unfortunately, as long as we have the current City boundaries, we can expect little more than a succession of Mel Lastmans and Rob Fords elected by the outer Metro voters, with an occasional David Miller to try to repair the worst of the damage they have caused. Really, the only long-term solution is to de-amalgamate Metro Toronto.

Actually, let's revise this a little. It's not like he was "offered" crack, like it was a party at the Basso house and he was wasted and said what the hell. He contacted those dealers because he wanted crack. I can't accept any shred of the idea that this was somehow accidental or circumstantial. He made this happen, 100%.
I'm reminded of the first season of West Wing:

Sam Seaborn: About a week ago I accidentally slept with a prostitute.
Toby Ziegler: [pause] Really?
Sam Seaborn: Yes.
Toby Ziegler: You accidentally slept with a prostitute?
Sam Seaborn: A call girl.
Toby Ziegler: Accidentally?
Sam Seaborn: Yes.
Toby Ziegler: I don't understand. Did you trip over something?

I have no trouble believing Doug had no clue Rob was going to do that (that he knew nothing else that went on is more suspect).

Seems to me that, with Doug safely out of the building (after starting a war with the chief), Rob just realized it was time. There's no way to know but I suspect he would have gone further if Doug hadn't come back and made it clear there was too much on the line for him to actually admit he has a problem (that's the first of the 12 steps, right? not admitting you've had a drug but that you have an actual problem) and compromise the family's political ambitions.

I don't know that Rob was close to resigning or even taking a leave, but I think it's pretty clear Doug is more concerned with clinging to power than considering that, "Hey, if Rob took crack and I didn't know, maybe he really does have some issues he should deal with." That's why Doug is the real villain here.

I'm going. I am deeply concerned about the numbers and the cynicism both on here and other forums, however. It is very, very important that we make a show of force to scare the shit out of the executive council lest they let Ford "turn the page," as well as demonstrating to the world that we're not going to be treated like shit.

why do you continue to go after "cynical people" on this forum? you've been griping about this for the past few days. you just started posting, and you're already all self-righteously high and mighty about people not being committed enough to a public demonstration? please.

Meanwhile, Doug is busy covering his own ass. That the conservative party would still want anything to do with this idiot is ridiculous. Etobicoke north isn't that important a seat to win to hitch their party's wagon to this albatross

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/06/i-didnt-see-it-coming-doug-ford-tells-sun-about-rob-fords-crack-use

"As I said, it was the worst day I ever had,” he said. “When my father died, I knew it was coming because he had cancer and there was time. But this came out of nowhere."

Wow, it takes a certain type of politician to tell a lie like this. I mean, bringing his dead father into it. Just terrible.

Is this language really necessary? I can only imagine what you mist be like in "consensus building" if you do not get your way. And no I have never been a Ford supporter, EVER

Sorry to have offended, Palma. The question of whether foul language is ever necessary is subjective - and I was in quite a fury when I wrote that - but you are correct in implying that restraint is the better option. In fact I am great at consensus building but that is not what I was going for here - this was a simple rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back