682     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 6K     2 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder when will the Ford Nation apologists would stop drinking Kool-Aid.

Yeah, Ford Nation people drink Kool-Aid. At the same time, there are many anti-Ford people who're eager to jump to wild conclusions and say vile things based on their hatred for the man. Personally, I think both sides can look pretty stupid at times. Whenever excessive anger or excessive devotion is involved, you're bound to get people who make everyone look bad.

Ford Disloc(N)ation needs to get off the crack pipe as well! They need to find their homes with their beds....and sleep on it.

Whoa Joe Warmington:

You ever heard of a one-time crack user with nothing to hide?

Especially a one-time crack user who for months and months denied being a crack user?

You ever heard of a crack user who tells the truth about crack usage or anything else?

Especially a crack user who for months and months denied being a crack user?

Ford sure hung a lot of people out to dry with his half-year-long marathon of lying.

Can he somehow turn this around? The politician who says he is “not a crack addict or alcoholic” obviously thinks so.

I have been gullible enough to think he can because second chances and comebacks are more interesting than public floggings.

But don’t listen to me. I was one of those who wanted to believe he didn’t smoke crack and was prepared to wait for evidence to prove he did.

He provided that proof Tuesday.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/05/rob-ford-faces-hurdles-in-bid-for-re-election-in-2014

Don't worry guys, this one's more about the personal insult Joe feels than any sort of moralistic correcting of the wrong, and there's enough Rob Ford fanboy still left, but still, honest.

Yeah, Ford Nation people drink Kool-Aid. At the same time, there are many anti-Ford people who're eager to jump to wild conclusions and say vile things based on their hatred for the man. Personally, I think both sides can look pretty stupid at times. Whenever excessive anger or excessive devotion is involved, you're bound to get people who make everyone look bad.

But the paradox is I sincerely believe that MOST of the people who are furious at Ford (myself included) genuinely, totally sincerely, want him to get help.

On the other hand there is something sick about someone willing to let this man - this married father - do hard drugs and hang out with the shadiest people, so they can save a couple of hundred on their tax bill. I don't care about anyone's fiscal policy. I don't want anyone to die to save a few bucks for me and anyone who thinks Rob Ford should risk his life or die or, even more simply, put his family through this circus just so they can save $60 on a Vehicle Registration Tax and MAYBE, if they're lucky, 10% on the Land Transfer Tax is an irredeemable human being.

IMHO.

But the paradox is I sincerely believe that MOST of the people who are furious at Ford (myself included) genuinely, totally sincerely, want him to get help.

It would be great if RF got the help he needs but I feel he is still in denial regarding his addictions. That was more then obvious today as we all have seen.

anyone who thinks Rob Ford should risk his life or die or, even more simply, put his family through this circus just so they can save $60 on a Vehicle Registration Tax and MAYBE, if they're lucky, 10% on the Land Transfer Tax is an irredeemable human being.

Well put! These people are the real problem, not Ford.

But I can't feel compassionate for him as long as there is the very real possibility that he is responsible for multiple violent crimes that were committed in the attempt to cover up the video evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back