1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 373     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I reflected on it last night, and talked to my family. I came forward and admitted it. That's all I can do. I mean, I'm not perfect. Being in politics, you're in the spotlight all the time. I made a mistake. I made a major mistake. I really regret it." -- Rob Ford.

Sound familiar? That was in 2006, after a drunken rant at the ACC. Then, as is the case now.....Ford only capitulated when faced with irrefutable evidence of his actions.

This was taken from user mickey__mouseolini on torontosun.com. Not sure if that 2006 quote has been posted here yet, but it really puts things in perspective.

What are the odds of Rob Ford pulling a Budd Dwyer? I don't to be crass, but the way things are going.

When Rob came out and started apologizing, I actually turned to my friend and said...god I do not hope he pulls out a gun and puts it to his mouth.

Listening to Joe and Ross on the "late-shift" I found this bit of "inside baseball" talk interesting.

Joe also said - Rudy Bratty the Lawyer who represents the Police Association is a big fan of Nordheimer. He described it as like a "club". Don't know what to make of these seemingly cozy connections.

Isn't that Peter Brauti? Rudy Bratty is in property development, isn't he?

Actually my only concern would be the bullet hitting the innocent after completing an admirable job.

AoD

And once again we've ventured into the dark, tasteless depths of people on this forum.

You can hate his politics, but never forget that the man is a brother, son, husband and father.

... and this is coming from someone who hates and detests his politics and mayoralty.

guitarchitect:

Well, considering the subject, "good taste" is hardly appropriate - besides I really don't believe we should be sugarcoating it anyways. Do recall his comments about cyclists getting killed.

You can hate his politics, but never forget that the man is a brother, son, husband and father.

Oh I didn't forget, the finger is his, the drug use is his. Perhaps he should not have forgotten about those things instead? Clearly, he dislike himself more than I dislike him.

AoD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back