129     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 94     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 493     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't pay much attention to Peepers - he tries to point the finger at anyone remotely liberal any chance he gets... not to mention decrying the TPS.

This Warmington show, i'm sorry to say, is almost feeding the Mayor's problem. They're going on and on about how he's a "rock star", how intense it all is, etc - it almost comes across as justifying what he's done. As if the best response to photographers in your driveway is to get drunk and/or do drugs.

Unfortunately all of the attention on Ford isn't for any of the reasons they're describing, and Ford needs help from highly trained professionals - not, I'm sorry to say, an ex-addict who only finds relevancy by constantly name-dropping the guys he partied with. Ford definitely, definitely needs help - but the way to get it is not to stay within his echo chamber!!!

Ugh. too painful to listen to.

Not taking anything to heart.

She was commenting on the fact that legislation around a mayor being removed states he/she must be convicted and jailed to be taken from office.

i could have sworn it was incarcerated. so if he was arrested and then not granted bail, that would be enough.

I was invited to the facebook event A Rally to Save Toronto (Nov. 13th).
I said Maybe. It's my birthday. Can't decide if that's how I like to spend it.
So far 355 yes and 137 Maybe. 3800 on the invite list.
I hope your event is huge. This guy needs to be gone and a truly huge rally could take advantage of the media attention. Make it a positive for the cities reputation.
Ford definitely has some talents that the city could exploit to their advantage but I can't figure out what he would be best at. He is an absolute embarrassment as a mayor. Yet he has demonstrated tenacity and intestinal fortitude well beyond that of the average man. He has expressed no humility and a total lack of self awareness. He feels no shame.
There has to be a place where some of those talents are useful. I don't know what he could do where his ability have any real influence is limited but where his talents could be exploited.
He's also funny, at least I am often amused by his appearance. Maybe a tourism spokesman for South Asia and the Orient. They'd love him in commercials.
Someone on twitter nominated Ford for prison mayor. I think that is a viable option.

The Vice story sheds a little light on some ambiguities. It sounds like the Vice hacker was able to download the files but not delete them. S/he was unable to decrypt them, as were Vice. TPS obtained a hard drive from which the same encrypted files had been deleted. They were recovered, but still encrypted, so then the forensics dept had to run a brute force attack on the password to open them, which took a LONG while.

(I'm piecing this together from things I've been told and things I'm guessing)

So the cops were *in possession* of the files all along, but they maybe couldn't actually *play* them until very recently. This might explain why there were contradictory accounts coming out about whether they had them or not.

First caller is in tears. He's the greatest mayor ever. He needs help. But she would vote for him again.

Second caller is saying how the first caller is making my point. Something about the little guy. They will win in 2014. "It's genious what they are doing here".

Third caller is shocked about millions of people or dollars or blood on the streets.

Wow.

First caller is in tears. He's the greatest mayor ever. He needs help. But she would vote for him again.

Second caller is saying how the first caller is making my point. Something about the little guy. They will win in 2014. "It's genious what they are doing here".

Third caller is shocked about millions of people or dollars or blood on the streets.

Wow.

What station is this on?

Wow.

They never disappoints, do they? Crying? Really, she should be selling her services to those televangelists instead.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back