442     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 976     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice try Peepers - serving alcohol does not equate to getting drunk, much less behaving in a manner that is inappropriate. As much as I have misgivings about Blair, this thread is about Ford. Don't change the channel like you have attempted to umpteen times already.

AoD

The dude has a serious chip on his shoulder about Blair + TPS.

I assume that Project Traveler is still ongoing, and that Ford was caught on wiretap or whatever in that operation. Remember, Traveler stuff is still under wraps, and this other investigation was focused solely on actions around the crack video. Blair is always careful with his words and never implied that Ford was completely off the hook.

i thought project traveller ended with the raids. isn't that how it works? but yes... more on rob from before june 13 could very likely come out. i'm wondering if he was separately investigated, in a way that would supplement the ITO released yesterday.

http://www.thebeaverton.com/toronto/item/1002-rob-ford-denies-the-existence-of-chief-blair

Rob Ford denies the existence of Chief Blair

Written by Staff Friday, 01 November 2013 00:39

TORONTO – After being questioned about the previously elusive crack video now in possession by Police Chief Bill Blair, Mayor Rob Ford vehemently denied the existence of the “alleged†head of the Toronto Police Service.

“There is no chief,†said Ford repeatedly. “Bill Blair is an obvious fabrication by the Toronto Star in another shameless attempt to drive me out of office. But it ain’t going to happen.â€

Pressed further for details, Ford added, “I cannot comment on a chief of police I have never seen and may not exist.â€

When confronted with a photograph clearly showing the mayor standing next to Chief Blair, taken during a 2013 press conference, Ford reportedly shut his eyes and covered his ears, before breaking into an impromptu rendition of “The Song That Never Endsâ€.

When asked about his alleged crack cocaine use, on a video whose existence Chief Bill Blair confirmed earlier this morning, Rob Ford was resolute. “How can a video be watched by a man who doesn’t exist? I know it’s Halloween today, but is it some kind of ‘ghost man’?†Ford suggested, before chuckling nervously and sweating for several uninterrupted minutes.

At press time, Toronto was denying the existence of its mayor.

just had to highlight this...

Mayor Rob Ford was legally allowed to comment on a video that appears to show him smoking crack cocaine and making homophobic and racist remarks in the wake of police confirmation of the video’s existence, according to legal experts.

In a public appearance Thursday afternoon, Ford refused to comment on the video, saying the case was before the courts. “I wish I could defend myself, unfortunately I can’t because it’s before the courts right now,” said Ford during a brief appearance Thursday afternoon.

[...]

Ford is no stranger to commenting on cases before the courts. In March 2013 he caused turmoil in a courtroom by with Steven Skurka phoning into Newstalk 1010’s legal affairs program Closing Arguments with Steven Skurka and railing against the possibility of finding Richard Kachkar not criminally responsible for the death of Sgt. Ryan Russell.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha..._legally_clear_to_talk_about_crack_video.html

Originally Posted by Adaax View Post
I assume that Project Traveler is still ongoing, and that Ford was caught on wiretap or whatever in that operation. Remember, Traveler stuff is still under wraps, and this other investigation was focused solely on actions around the crack video. Blair is always careful with his words and never implied that Ford was completely off the hook.

i thought project traveller ended with the raids. isn't that how it works? but yes... more on rob from before june 13 could very likely come out. i'm wondering if he was separately investigated, in a way that would supplement the ITO released yesterday.
Someone mentioned here a couple of pages back that Lisi was funneling money from developers to Ford during their numerous meetings, so Ford could get their municipal needs taken care of.
Perhaps the cops were/are going for a bigger prize?

question...

is it possible that the police probe wasn't botched? without knowing more i'm inclined to agree with ruby. but, is it possible that there's another project whatever that is going on, or went on, that covered all the times rob was "left to run"? i.e. was / is there another surveillance team specifically following rob? and would or could they then be a separate project?

Project Traveler started in March and the video came up in May....Project Brazen 2 was born out of that because of the extortion for the video and the extortion overlapped and probably could have jeopardized Project Traveler. I think it is as simple as that.

Someone mentioned here a couple of pages back that Lisi was funneling money from developers to Ford during their numerous meetings, so Ford could get their municipal needs taken care of.
Perhaps the cops were/are going for a bigger prize?

Yes. I have a friend who is close to the TPS and most of the officers on Traveler viewed Ford as a quote "kingpin" and not a third party. TPS wouldn't spend this money on a simple drug bust.

I know MetroMan ain't infallible, but he stated on here quite recently that Ford was caught on a wiretap soliciting drugs, and he seemed pretty certain about the source. So where do these wiretaps enter the picture? Were they part of Traveler? If so - and if Traveler is over as evvabeing suggests (he's probably right) - then the question becomes if/when they act on that evidence after the fact. Not sure how that works.

I think we just need to take a pause here to understand how extraordinary a case like this is for the Toronto Police Service. These are officers used to making straightforward busts in low-level drug cases, not taking down elite members of the political class on a host of charges that goes beyond simple drug possession.

Not only that but they know that any evidence they collect has to be enough that the Crown will be able to pursue charges against the parties involved.

Now imagine doing that in a case as high-profile as this one, with as much media attention as this one, which is unprecedented in Toronto history.

Pat responses about sloppy investigations and or biases on behalf of the police are not enough to explain the delay in gathering evidence of a case of this magnitude. Please keep that in mind before coming here with crackpot theories about police incompetence.

He was drunk at the time, I would not be surprised if the allegations are sexual in nature.

You have no idea how angry I am at his behaviour at our city hall - it makes a mockery of what is arguably a "sacred" space. He should go f*ck around back in Etobicoke.

AoD
So much for his private life not being our business, what he does on his own time, etc, etc.

He may have been drinking at 2 am, but he was at his place of work, hanging out with his friends, making a mockery of his position, etc etc. I am glad that the security guard was as frank as he was In his reports but pissed off that it took recent events for this to come to light

Yes. I have a friend who is close to the TPS and most of the officers on Traveler viewed Ford as a quote "kingpin" and not a third party. TPS wouldn't spend this money on a simple drug bust.

Rob seems too stupid to be a kingpin though. Maybe it is actually Doug.
I personally think that both of these guys are not the top. There must be other, smoother and smarter higer ups telling the Fords what to do.

I think we just need to take a pause here to understand how extraordinary a case like this is for the Toronto Police Service. These are officers used to making straightforward busts in low-level drug cases, not taking down elite members of the political class on a host of charges that goes beyond simple drug possession.

Not only that but they know that any evidence they collect has to be enough that the Crown will be able to pursue charges against the parties involved.

Now imagine doing that in a case as high-profile as this one, with as much media attention as this one, which is unprecedented in Toronto history.

Pat responses about sloppy investigations and or biases on behalf of the police are not enough to explain the delay in gathering evidence of a case of this magnitude. Please keep that in mind before coming here with crackpot theories about police incompetence.
Also, Ford isn't a flight risk. He's the mayor, he ain't escaping. If the cops are pursuing a charge on Ford they have the luxury of taking their time because of who he is. That's my theory. Initially I thought there was a police cover up but now I'm not so sure anymore.

Last edited:
Project Traveler started in March and the video came up in May....Project Brazen 2 was born out of that because of the extortion for the video and the extortion overlapped and probably could have jeopardized Project Traveler. I think it is as simple as that.

yes... and project brazen 2, as it stands, was botched when it comes to the mayor... unless there's another project we don't know about yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back