795     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 508     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 251     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I'd be inclined to agree with you if Mr. A didn't have a criminal record. But he does and for that reason I don't think there was any mistakes or typos. Hre and Ford knew exactly what they were doing when proving a false name.

but if you want to go deeper, you have to wonder where/how Doug and the family got the Hashish blocks back in the day. It all gets into the country somehow...

Long time reader, first time poster here.

Some of the best hash used to come in through barracks boxes from our guys coming back from Europe. Don't you support the troops? Doug sure did, from what I heard.

Ross Maclean: like Warmington, a hack. Joe is a copsucker like Blatchford, except she can write better.

unfuckwithable/Brian LaRue/The Equalizer/etc. : All horsecrap. LaRue posted something a while back that, if he had a security clearance he had in the first place, he certainly doesn't have it now. (No, not a 'security expert' like Maclean. I have a relative in CSEC. I also know yanks who did Ed Snowden's job. We talk about music and golf. Maybe theoretical INFOSEC, but even discussing Wikileaks thretened their job. And they're nice friends I'd like to keep. ) Also, a certain reportergeekgirl was unimpressed when he tried to shop her his single unified election fraud theory.

Border Security: That show is great to watch for exactly the WRONG thing to do at the border. Better than watching COPS.

There are also a few other pieces to the puzzle (Ginger restaurant, the sex trade) that jives with things I've heard, but nothing concrete, so I'll keep my mouth shut. This issue has more than it's share of BS and disnfo artists already. But man, Los Decos Hermanos made me bust a gut. That's perfect!

"YO, LET'S BUILD SUBWAYS, B$#%@!"

The school board is allowed to make an informed decision about who they hire, and are responsible for any backlash they face for said decisions (say, if they hired someone with a criminal record).
Okay then, two school boards have made informed decisions to remove Mayor Ford as a football coach, despite him being especially dedicated to the task and willing to bring several thousand dollars to their programs. This being the case, couldn't this be a clue that he might not be the best choice for Mayor?

The issue here is that they weren't given the opportunity to make that decision.
The issue is the mayor's sad choice of friends and his poor decision making, and how it's part of a pattern of behaviour. Wouldn't have made the news otherwise.

Once again, I feel like I have to chime in as the voice of reason. It is entirely possible that Aboodowleh being misinterpreted as Aboodowieh was a mistake. I assume this form was handwritten. It's even possible it was a typo, if not. Ford using a pseudonym for the guy could also be explained by the fact that people with names like 'Aboodowleh' often go by a different name that is easier to pronounce and spell, and Ford didn't consider that whatever document he was authoring would be used in this manner.

I'm not excusing Ford and Mr. A for falsifying documents in bad faith if that is indeed what occurred. At the same time, I am ever skeptical of jumping to conclusions. We have enough dirt on Ford, and this particular incident can legitimately be chalked up to honest mistakes made in good faith.

Clearly I don't like the guy, but the more tenuous the conclusion the less credibility we have. But that's just my opinion.

Is it possible that it was an honest mistake?

Sure, it's in the realm of possibility. But given the fact that Mr. Boodowleh has, multiple times, given police false names, I think 'oops' can be safely ruled out. Someone who is willing to do a thing like that tends to keep going to that well.

Have there been any reported sightings of David Price recently? He has a habit of going extended periods without being seen. With Lisi arrested, my guess is that it won't be long before Price gets taken down.

Once again, I feel like I have to chime in as the voice of reason. It is entirely possible that Aboodowleh being misinterpreted as Aboodowieh was a mistake. I assume this form was handwritten. It's even possible it was a typo, if not. Ford using a pseudonym for the guy could also be explained by the fact that people with names like 'Aboodowleh' often go by a different name that is easier to pronounce and spell, and Ford didn't consider that whatever document he was authoring would be used in this manner.

I'm not excusing Ford and Mr. A for falsifying documents in bad faith if that is indeed what occurred. At the same time, I am ever skeptical of jumping to conclusions. We have enough dirt on Ford, and this particular incident can legitimately be chalked up to honest mistakes made in good faith.

Clearly I don't like the guy, but the more tenuous the conclusion the less credibility we have. But that's just my opinion.

The only problem with this is that applicants know the purpose of a background check. I find it highly unlikely that this 'mistake' was accidental.

Is it possible that it was an honest mistake?

Sure, it's in the realm of possibility. But given the fact that Mr. Boodowleh has, multiple times, given police false names, I think 'oops' can be safely ruled out. Someone who is willing to do a thing like that tends to keep going to that well.

It has been noted elsewhere that there where a number of seemingly "innocent" spelling mistakes showed up in Ford's election expense filings.

There are also a few other pieces to the puzzle (Ginger restaurant, the sex trade) that jives with things I've heard, but nothing concrete, so I'll keep my mouth shut.

Okay, please fill us in this Ginger restaurant business. Is it a front?

Rob Ford lands backing of top Bay Street political fundraiser

Ralph Lean, one of Toronto’s best-known political fundraisers who worked against Rob Ford in the last mayoral campaign, has changed his tune and says he will back the mayor in 2014.

Mr. Lean, a fundraising co-chair of George Smitherman’s failed campaign in 2010, says he believes Mr. Ford has gotten the “big things†right.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...y-street-political-fundraiser/article4418334/
edit: just realized the article is from last year. My mistake!

there is an update...

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/1...egations-surrounding-him-for-now-lawyer-says/

Is it that thread users are afraid of libel should they make unsubstantiated accusations about the mayor that it gets carpet bombed by hint droppers? He doesn't seem too libel-minded these days.

Last edited:
Unbelievable. More political meddling in transit planning. The province is playing a deeply cynical game, and that's saying something in a game where almost all the players are dirty. The mind boggles at the epic stupidity and short-sightedness of it all. Two more years of studying, of wait-and-see, of idly guessing which direction the prevailing political winds will be blowing in.

Unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back