168     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 314     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
He actually seems to have lost weight, though I agree his movements do seem to be more laboured lately. His interest in council proceedings has always been identical to that of a kid in math class -- until there's a topic that he's passionate about, in which case he paces around anxious to have his word.

The core Ford Nation battle cry is to end waste, reduce spending, reduce taxes and eliminate the debt. Ford did the exact opposite with this subway. I wonder how that's going to affect his solid 25-30%.

Maybe I'm wrong, MM, but I think Ford Nation is going to be overwhelmed by the attack ads begging to be broadcast about Ford. The 'most expensive option for subways to Scarborough -- by a $1 billion over the cheapest!' 'Union Station still not done - and $100M over budget!' $2500 chairs for him and his executive committee - and the he COMPLAINS?' Rob Ford was elected to save you money -- and he's wasted hundreds of millions just by cancelling contracts. So, Ford has us paying for things that will never get done.'

i think he's 1 & done. He's lost all the anti-Miller vote. And he's lost the non-core Ford Nation.

I'm not sure whats supposed to be so problematic about this latest controversy.

There's nothing at the current moment to suggest Ford did anything to circumvent the background checks.

If something does come up to suggest that, then that would be a controversy. For all we know (and for what the article suggests), "Peter Payman" was the one who deliberately circumvented the necessary background checks. If Ford simply brought him in, then he did nothing wrong. It was up to the school board to decide whether to hire this man given his criminal record.

So you don't think Ford had any idea what kind of a guy this was? He just hired a random friend of Sandro Lisi?

This speaks to Ford's judgement -- even in his football team he seems incapable of picking "good" people. I run a small business and I would never in a million years hire someone with arrests for assaulting a peace officer and assault. I wouldn't hire my drug dealer's sketchy, drug dealing friends who lived with their moms either. If these are the people he hires to coach his high school football team -- how can we trust his judgement to hire the right people for the mayor's office?

What is david price's job? He can't even answer that -- and this is a guy who's under investigation for abusive behavior towards GO transit attendants.

I agree that this, on it's own, is nothing much. BUT when combined with the fact that the mayor was allegedly filmed smoking crack, that he described someone arrested for trafficking as a "friend," that he is under active investigation and surveillance by the Toronto Police, that he was photographed with a person who was murdered in an "execution style" shooting, that he was almost thrown out of office for conflict of interest, that he has been repeatedly rebuked by the integrity commissioner, that there are reports of him drinking a mickey in his car in an LCBO parking lot, that he has refused a driver and has been photographed reading behind the wheel on a highway, you gotta start putting the pieces together.

This is not someone who is demonstating good judgement. Yes, this is a piece of straw, but there is already a huge pile on the camel's back. It's not going to last forever. We hold elected officials to a higher standard, but Rob Ford is failing to even meet normal standards of good conduct and decency.

So you don't think Ford had any idea what kind of a guy this was? He just hired a random friend of Sandro Lisi?

This speaks to Ford's judgement -- even in his football team he seems incapable of picking "good" people. I run a small business and I would never in a million years hire someone with arrests for assaulting a peace officer and assault. I wouldn't hire my drug dealer's sketchy, drug dealing friends who lived with their moms either. If these are the people he hires to coach his high school football team -- how can we trust his judgement to hire the right people for the mayor's office?

What is david price's job? He can't even answer that -- and this is a guy who's under investigation for abusive behavior towards GO transit attendants.

I agree that this, on it's own, is nothing much. BUT when combined with the fact that the mayor was allegedly filmed smoking crack, that he described someone arrested for trafficking as a "friend," that he is under active investigation and surveillance by the Toronto Police, that he was photographed with a person who was murdered in an "execution style" shooting, that he was almost thrown out of office for conflict of interest, that he has been repeatedly rebuked by the integrity commissioner, that there are reports of him drinking a mickey in his car in an LCBO parking lot, that he has refused a driver and has been photographed reading behind the wheel on a highway, you gotta start putting the pieces together.

This is not someone who is demonstating good judgement. Yes, this is a piece of straw, but there is already a huge pile on the camel's back. It's not going to last forever. We hold elected officials to a higher standard, but Rob Ford is failing to even meet normal standards of good conduct and decency.

don't bother with Cowboy Logic, there is no reasoning with him. he's the most gullible poster on here, and has taken his basic stance of "giving Rob Ford the benefit of the doubt" into the realm of a schoolboy crush.

Last edited:
Global News has just reported that TPS does own a Cessna with camera on board. Glad we saved on rental fees.

EDIT: BREAKING BAD SPOILER BELOW

Man I hope not. I want Byford to come out alive and victorious at the end of all this. He's the best shot the TTC has ever had at getting its act together.

I was thinking King of the Hill on that one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back