993     1 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 777     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 626     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think who the mayor sleeps with is pretty irrelevant.

Also, the house is occupied by an elderly woman. Yes, these guys smoke crack in the basement, but it's hardly a "crackhouse" in the pejorative sense.

Crack addiction is not an all-or-nothing thing. There are people who live in exceptionally nice houses and smoke crack every day.

I think you are getting crack confused with weed, unless you meant people who sell crack. And I guess celebrities and rock stars can count, but most of them would opt for cocaine I think. Because of how it issues the high, crack cocaine is a very difficult drug to take casually.

I think you are getting crack confused with weed, unless you meant people who sell crack. And I guess celebrities and rock stars can count, but most of them would opt for cocaine I think. Because of how it issues the high, crack cocaine is a very difficult drug to take casually.

This is a common misconception. Crack doesn't discriminate.

Any serious cocaine user is going to come up against crack eventually, probably when they're intoxicated and not making good decisions.

You have to remember that no one thinking rationally would ever use crack cocaine. It's addictive, which means it takes away people's ability to make decisions about use.

Another common misconception: crack doesn't make you lose weight. Giving all your money to the drug does. For an example of an overweight crack addict, you don't have to go much farther than Rob Ford's doppelgänger: Chris Farley. Ford looks like he goes on binges not as a dailey ritual. Soon enough though he's going to slip and now EVERY crack dealer out there knows the a video is worth a lot of money.

At this point I don't care too much about the video if only to shut some people up who can't negotiate circumstantial evidence. Ford is done politically because of his mismanagement of this crisis. Nonetheless, the crisis is far from over: the dots are going to keep getting connected and The Star has gone all in on this. They've put a lot of resources behind this investigation so they're not just going to let go of this bone as long as there's some meat to grab on to. And there's still a lot of meat!

Ford is done politically because of his mismanagement of this crisis. Nonetheless, the crisis is far from over: the dots are going to keep getting connected and The Star has gone all in on this. They've put a lot of resources behind this investigation so they're not just going to let go of this bone as long as there's some meat to grab on to. And there's still a lot of meat!

I wouldn't say Ford's goose is cooked even if the video surfaces. Many in Ford Nation will still support him and he'll probably pick up votes from people who'll get on his bandwagon out of spite.

I was just thinking about this tonight - who could Gawkers source possibly be for today's article? The number of people that would be partied to some of that information must be exceedingly small! The home residents, and the actual burglars/thugs, who else besides that?

I have a feeling whoever the source is is going to be narrowed down fairly quickly by every one else involved. This could get interesting....

Maybe Jasmine is the source?

100% BS

And on another note anyone thinking that writing to the Solicitor General or Attorney General is going to get you anything other than a "Thank you for your letter" from one of their staffers is kidding themselves.

If enough people contact their elected officials, it can very well affect policy. At the very least, you should get a reason as to why they won't bring in higher level investigators. Those of you in Toronto should also contact your councillors, especially if they are anti-Ford.

Last edited:
TORONTO, ON - JUNE 4: A woman identified by friends and neighbours as Elena Basso, a resident of 15 Windsor Road, in Etobicoke, the address where a photo showing Mayor Rob Ford with two shooting victims was taken. Ford is currently embroiled in a scandal after allegations surfaced that he was recorded on a cellphone video in front of this house smoking crack cocaine and making offensive remarks.

simpsons_cat_lady.jpg

This article was posted on Gawker today:

A Pipe-Wielding Thug Stormed the Rob Ford Crackhouse, Seeking Video

Last night, Gawker identified the house in Toronto's Etobicoke neighborhood that was the backdrop for a photo of mayor Rob Ford standing with two men who were later gunned down in a gangland-style shooting. Days after we published that photo—along with an account of having watched a video of Ford smoking crack cocaine—a resident of that home and his girlfriend were attacked by a man wielding a metal pipe, who had come looking for the video, Gawker has learned.

Several days later, the source said, one of the men returned to Fabio's house, forced his way through the door, and beat Fabio and Fabio's girlfriend with a steel pipe. "He spent the night at [nearby Etobicoke General Hospital]," the source said. A photograph of Fabio (at left) published this morning by the Star doesn't show any visible injuries.

Last edited:
If enough people contact their elected officials, it can very well affect policy. At the very least, you should get a reason as to why they won't bring in higher level investigators. Those of you in Toronto should also contact your councillors, especially if they are anti-Ford.

I enjoy being cynical about most things, but it is definitely true that pressure from constituents turned many of Ford's old allies against him on the waterfront deal. And that was really the card that knocked the whole house down, though it didn't seem so at the time. Point is, we can sniff and scoff at people who write letters and make phone calls, but they're still doing more productive work than we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back