1K     1 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 820     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 632     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's starting to make sense that Ford was so pissed off a few days ago. Gawker and the Toronto Star were lurking around the home where he was filmed smoking crack.

So parse the new information we've got: we now know where the video was filmed and we have photographic evidence placing Rob Ford there. The latter is hard evidence, the former has now given reporters and the Police witnesses. Ford wouldn't have been in that home without the consent of the home owners so let's ask them. If they lie to the police, they're in deeper shit. If they lie to the press, their story will have to be corroborated and lies have a way of falling apart. If they crumble and tell the truth, it's confirmed that there was a tape and Ford was straight up lying to Toronto. Now we also have a home invasion that the police are of course investigating. What do cops do when they investigate? They ask questions and the answers will lead them to Rob Ford. This ain't over yet.

Too bad it was months ago. Would have like to send in the Forensic Identification Services (Toronto's CSI) unit to have a look around back then.

So in March someone anonymously commented on a blog about Rob Ford using crack at the family home of their Italian friend named Jasmine. Family's name is Basso and they live at 15 Windsor rd.

That house just so happens to be a few hundred metres away from the now infamous 320 Dixon road. Jasmine's mom is a drug user. Jasmine's uncle went to high school with Rob Ford. Also 15 Windsor is where Rob Ford was photographed with his arms around Anthony Smith some time before Smith was gunned down. A home invasion took place at that same address shortly after the entire Rob Ford crack saga began.

sooo many coincidences!

6:44-7:29
[video=youtube;R1ROq2xIZPo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=R1ROq2xIZPo#t=404s[/video]

maybe

Rob's pissed because his wife is about to find out that Rob is still hanging out with his high school sweetie and it means he used up his 1 last chance and is about to find himself living out of a hotel?

TORONTO, ON - JUNE 6: A woman identified earlier by neighbours as Elena Basso, one of the residents at 15 Windsor Road in Etobicoke where Mayor Rob Ford was photographed with murder victim Anthony Smith and another shooting victim, is seen the morning after the Star published the address.

Police are so corrupt, even in Canada, that I don't put anything past them. The G20 debacle showed what sort of police we have in Toronto. The only thing they care about is their compensation and powers.... so if you have a mayor that gives them what they want, who knows what they'd do for that mayor. The fact he supported their actions during the G20 makes me sick... like I said never voted for him, never would.

How is the G20 debacle representative of all police officers? There are good and bad cops everywhere.

TORONTO, ON - JUNE 6: A woman identified earlier by neighbours as Elena Basso, one of the residents at 15 Windsor Road in Etobicoke where Mayor Rob Ford was photographed with murder victim Anthony Smith and another shooting victim, is seen the morning after the Star published the address.

This is getting into Paparazzi territory - and that's a very bad thing.

This is getting into Paparazzi territory - and that's a very bad thing.

not really. its pretty standard photojournalist stuff. Paps are only interested in catching famous people: celebs, athletes, etc. Elena Basso has become an important part of a very big news story, so its inevitable a news photog with a long lens is going to stake her out. also paps are almost all independent contractors, selling their images to the highest bidder. Lautens is a staff photog for the Star, and they license their images through Getty.

How is the G20 debacle representative of all police officers? There are good and bad cops everywhere.
Because many officers removed their name badges, and most officers witnessed an officer doing so. Not one officer reported this. Must be some good, but this proves majority are bad, or are not willing to report those that are bad.

Just sent a message to the Attorney General. I suggest you do the same, or even better send it straight to the Premiere.

Dear Minister Gerretsen,

As you are well aware, there are currently a number of serious accusations regarding the mayor of Toronto, Mr Rob Ford regarding drug use. In addition to this, there are also rumours that he may have been involved in violent crimes in order to cover up any incriminating evidence.

Investigating these claims currently is the Toronto Police. However, I feel that there is a conflict of interest in having these officers on this case. The mayor has direct influence on the police budget, therefore it is in their best interests to not investigate this to the best of their ability, and even cover up important evidence in order to protect him.

In fact, even now there is evidence to suggest they are doing just that. When news about a video of the mayor using illegal drugs first surfaced, Police Chief Bill Blair issued statements that video recording a criminal act is illegal, which is questionable at best. The police also released little information about a violent home invasion at the alleged address where a photo of Mayor Ford with drug dealers was taken, despite not arresting a suspect in the incident.

Because of these decisions made by the Toronto Police, I am asking that you have the OPP or RCMP take over this case from the local authorities. Even if the police are doing the best job possible, there is without a doubt a conflict of interest in having them continue on with this investigation.

Benjamin Smith

There's suggestions that the mayor if having an affair with a crack addict who lives in a crackhouse, and your worried that the media are taking her photo?

I think who the mayor sleeps with is pretty irrelevant.

Also, the house is occupied by an elderly woman. Yes, these guys smoke crack in the basement, but it's hardly a "crackhouse" in the pejorative sense.

Crack addiction is not an all-or-nothing thing. There are people who live in exceptionally nice houses and smoke crack every day.

Just sent a message to the Attorney General. I suggest you do the same, or even better send it straight to the Premiere.

This is an excellent idea. I will do likewise and suggest others send email demanding that the OPP take charge of this investigation since it is such an obvious conflict of interest to have TPS involved in any investigations involving Rob Ford. If Bill Blair was an ethical person he would have recused his Police Force from investigations involving Ford but as we know Blair is not an honorable person and I suspect relishes the opportunity to exploit Fords personal problems. Don't be surprised if in the near future the TPS Board quietly extends Blair's contract despite the fact it is not set to expire for two more years.

I would suggest however that in addition to sending the email to the Attorney General that you send this email to the Solicitor General, Madeleine Meilleur , and her Deputy Solicitor General, Ian Davidson:

Here are their email addresses

mmeilleur.mpp@liberal.ola.org; madeleine.meilleur@ontario.ca; ian.davidson@ontario.ca

If you send an email to the Solicitor General - in my experience - you will get a formal reply! I have not received replies from the Attorney General.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back