421     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 344     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 544     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile no tape...just the Star and the Ford haters trying to drum up support for a cause Torontonians don’t even care about. Heaven forbid we elect someone who asks what these people do in city hall all day...gimme an election NOW so we can settle this once and for all...The Toronto Star is a joke.

Just in case it does turn up... you are now officially on my "I told you so" list.

I'm ever more convinced that this is the man who Cook, Doolittle and Donovan met. He wanted to move out west with the $200K then he went quiet. Maybe he did, payoff or not. Once his photo hits the news, the 3 reporters will be able to identify him. If they do, the police better be sharing what's on his phone or risk appearing to cover up for a corrupt mayor. This is the RCMP though, so I'm sure they'll put the video out if they have it.

Yeah, you'd think this would be easy enough to verify. Maybe that's tomorrow's big news---"Star reporters confirm/deny that Hanad Mohomed was man who showed them crack video". I mean, I guess either way it's news, right?

There's going to be thundershowers. Not good for a protest and not good if you want to keep that chalk on the floor as a continuing round the clock protest.
Only a 40% chance of precipitation at noon according to Weathernetwork. 20% on Sunday. I don't think a cloudburst is a big deal.

Yeah, you'd think this would be easy enough to verify. Maybe that's tomorrow's big news---"Star reporters confirm/deny that Hanad Mohomed was man who showed them crack video". I mean, I guess either way it's news, right?

Yes and in particular that they have his iPhone!!!!!!!!! Calm before the storm I say.

I had wondered if "lockdown" didn't just mean "don't talk about Ford 'til we have the video, because it's coming soon" but David Rider's recent comments on twitter don't seem to suggest this :(

that Fort McMurray Article is very interesting -

The Today attempted to learn details related to the search warrant police had on Mohamed. However, a court clerk in Fort McMurray said details behind the RCMP’s ITO (Information to Obtain) application for a search warrant has been blocked from the public.

Constable Christina Wilkins of the Wood Buffalo RCMP would not comment on why investigators sealed these documents, although she admitted this was rare. However, she said this information is usually restricted when there are concerns about the safety of individuals involved in the investigation.

The silence from local police has also frustrated members of the local Somali community.

"We have spent all day trying to find out who he is, but we have heard nothing from the police about this investigation," says Ujeer Ahmed, president of the Somali-Canadian Association of Fort McMurray. “None of our members know who he is. We don’t know why he was here or what he’s been doing.”

Well, he's appearing in court today... so my thinking is, no doubt doolittle and donovan are there (hence the radio silence, on Doolittle's part) waiting to see if it is him

Ok, this thread is addictive. Been following it for a week now and you guys are great - a hat tip to MetroMan as well. I'm always fascinated by PR Trainwrecks (is it schadenfreude, or professional interest? I was a reporter back in the 80s), and the Fords have been a cornucopia of gaffs from day one. He's your own little "Ikea Monkey" who never stops producing.

Even though I'm not a Torontonian (I'm a Vancouverite), I do empathize with your frustrations, though. A Trainwreck can only go on so long in politics before it implodes or drives everyone crazy, no matter how "entertaining" it is.

Heaven forbid we elect someone who asks what these people do in city hall all day...

I would also like to elect this person. Particularly someone who can ask the question, how can the mayor's office function exactly as normal with five less people? Were those five people...dare I say...g..g...g..gravy?

He has a staff more around 18 or so people, who he lost were five of his senior people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back